2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post

Is there some reason you put the worst possible interpretation on our AAC status? We are actually in a three way tie for fourth place right now. We have played one less game than the others so they list us last. I can see a whole lot of fluctuation coming in the next couple of weeks in the upper standings of the American but that doesn't send me off into the throes of total depression you are projecting.
    Tulsa: 7-1
    Houston: 7-2
    Cincinnati: 7-2
    Memphis: 6-3
    SMU: 6-3
    WSU: 5-3

That's not a tie for 4th. If the Shox win tonight, then they will be in a 3-way tie for 4th.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Remaining games:

Cincy - has not lost in Koch arena. Stopping Cumberland will be a problem, Jamie needs to be able to contain their big guy without fouling - could go either way
      @ Houston - will be a problem, don't see this as a W
      @ UCF - won by 8 at home. This could be a toss up at UCF
      Tulane - easiest game left on schedule
      USF - battle of the worst offenses. Should be a W, won by 13 @ USF
      @ Cincy - probably L - let's see how we match up tonight though
      Temple - this team may be our nemesis. Our guards don't match well against their's. Will we zone them like everyone else? Could go either way.
      @ SMU - SMU can beat anyone, so can't chalk this up as W. Toss up since it's on the road.
      @ Memphis - Toss up only because Memphis seems to be the team most like us. Started out hot but has not looked good as of late.
      Tulsa - I like our chances in the revenge game. We shoulda won @ Tulsa and I think we can beat them at home.

I see 3 Ws, 2 Ls and 5 that could go either way. If we win 6 (USF, UCF, Tulsa, SMU, Tulane and Temple), that's not much to hang our hats on. To be comfortable, we probably need to win those 6 plus at least 1 more against a top team. A win @ Houston would pay huge dividends, though that may be too much to ask.
      I predict we win one we shouldn't... happens every year and hasn't yet. Maybe just me, but I don't think we'll lose another home game this year... hopefully, we learned a big lesson from the Houston home loss. Marshall's teams 'usually' get better in February... it's February. Go Shocks!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'm not near as confident in this group until they prove otherwise. If this truly is our offense now, then we overachieved big time in the first 16 games that was partially covered up by a lot of weak opponents at home and opponents that turned out not to be as good as originally thought.

Until I see something different than the same old crap with the offense, I expect nothing. Not sure this team can get a Q1 win. If so, then we'll end up being about right where most of us thought going in.. a high seed in the NIT.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Yeah, I think the W at UConn was a turning point in the season.
          There are usually more than one turning points in a season with the trend going up and up, and then trending down for the remainder of the season. There are usually trends showing up and downs. I predict that soon our trend line starts to go up again (probably there will be ups and downs left). The Houston game was a bad showing at home but good young teams more often than not lose close games on the road and Tulsa was one of those.

Things can turn around quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

bragging about being in a three way tie for fourth place
            You seem to see things from a depressed point of view. I hope you don't get up in the morning everyday like that. The sun is out this morning in Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Yeah, I think the W at UConn was a turning point in the season.
              Let me guess, it was the karma gods looking down upon Stevenson because he blew kisses at the fans.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I thought we played well at UConn, we just melted down in the final minute. The real turning point was when Temple exposed our guards and gave the rest of the conference a blueprint on how to defend us. We have decent shooters but they have serious issues with pressure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Just like Bill Self, Dean Smith, Adolph Rupp, Roy Williams, John Calipari, Rick Pitino, Jim Calhoun and Coach K - so your point is what?
                  But we are talking about Kelvin Sampson in context of this post you wrote:

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Disappointing disciplinary action by Sampson (whom I think is the best coach in the AAC).
                  Interestingly, you admit that Marshal is more ethical (thx captain obvious) then spend more posts making excuses for Sampson's unethical behavior. Even going so far as resorting to the old "but mommy....Johnny stole some candy too" defense.

But if that is what you think, then that is what you think. Just surprising to read it on Shockernet of all places. If Houston ends up having egg on their face for the Sampson hire will anyone be surprised? Of course not.
                  Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; February 6, 2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

But we are talking about Kelvin Sampson in context of this post written by you:

Interestingly, you admit that Marshal is more ethical (thx captain obvious) then spend more posts making excuses for Sampson's unethical behavior. Even going so far as resorting to the old "but mommy....Johnny stole some candy too" defense.
                    Melvin let us agree that you are unable to accept my ability to separate his admitted ethical misconduct from his ability to coach at the highest level of NCAA Men's Basketball. I make this distinction because IMO Sampson did nothing that warranted his penalty due to the well established fact that other "respected" coaches at well recognized colleges were committing far more egregious violations of NCAA rules without fear of being penalized.

I am done with posting on this topic and look forward to the Shockers' play against Houston on Sunday. I will be rooting for the Shockers to win but if the game is close in the final minutes of play I will not be surprised if the Cougars prevail due to better on court coaching especially if an end of game play determines the eventual winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Let me guess, it was the karma gods looking down upon Stevenson because he blew kisses at the fans.
                      karma it may be.. but our $hit changed when stevenson said that they could beat anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

karma it may be.. but our $hit changed when stevenson said that they could beat anyone.
                        It changed when they stopped making the shots they had been making the first 2 months of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

That comment doesn't seem too far-fetched, does it?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• It changed when everybody got tape on us.

Comment

• Oklahoma State beat TCU last night, which bumped them up to NET 74. Back to Q1 for us for now. VCU sitting right outside Q1 at 35.

Comment

• I believe what has brought us down is the curse of that number on our backs. Have you noticed that when we do not have a number on our backs we tend to play better. Or it could be reverse everybody else that plays us brings all they have to beat a ranked team. It seems that what has happened. Houston, Temple, and Tulsa. Its the rank curse for us this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X