2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
    I believe what has brought us down is the curse of that number on our backs. Have you noticed that when we do not have a number on our backs we tend to play better. Or it could be reverse everybody else that plays us brings all they have to beat a ranked team. It seems that what has happened. Houston, Temple, and Tulsa. Its the rank curse for us this year.
    we get ranked by rattling off a bunch of good wins against bad teams. Then a tough game comes up right when we start getting ranked and we get beat. I think it's just a scheduling coincidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

we get ranked by rattling off a bunch of good wins against bad teams. Then a tough game comes up right when we start getting ranked and we get beat. I think it's just a scheduling coincidence.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• The Tulsa loss stung, I hated it and feel it is a game we should of won by 10+ (if we could make open shots). That said, I think 17-4 is pretty good for the 25th youngest team in D1. We have so many sophs and freshman. I think we will not reach our true potential for another year.

We are better than we have showed the past three weeks but probably not quite as good as we showed earlier this year. As HCGM says, "we are good, not great"

Sure wish we had JE for another season though.
        Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; February 6, 2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Semi-off topic:

Some great quotes from "Coach of the Year" Dan Muller

"I told them at halftime, 'Guys, I'm not going to coach effort. I'm going to coach basketball. I'm not going to yell at you or go crazy this game. If you don't want to compete that's not my job in February. In November I get it. But I'm not coaching that,'" said Muller.
          Muller sat on the bench for much of the first 10 minutes of the second half.

"We started a different lineup (to start the second half) and said, 'That's on you guys. You want to get embarrassed like that, that's on you. That's your decision,'" said Muller. "Unfortunately, they did come out and didn't want to fight or compete. So I didn't do much coaching at the start of the second half because I was waiting to coach basketball."
          So he basically gave up ....

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

karma it may be.. but our $hit changed when stevenson said that they could beat anyone.
              Oh, so it was the Penny Effect?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

Sure wish we had JE for another season though.
                yeah, this is a huge problem

Comment

• UConn throttled Tulsa...Is this conference season actually happening?

Comment

• With our Shockers moving in the wrong direction in the "Realm of Bracketology" , we are going to need to start rooting for selfish reasons for certain teams to win/lose. I'll start with some games tonight 02/07/20:

#9 Maryland at #20 Illinois - I'm rooting for Maryland
                    VCU at Davidson - I'm rooting for VCU
                    Harvard at #37 Yale - I'm rooting for Harvard (sorry Yale)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Semi-off topic:

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/co...home-top-story

Some great quotes from "Coach of the Year" Dan Muller

So he basically gave up ....
                      Game was played in Springfield.

Senior forward Tulio Da Silva scored a season-high 22 points as the Bears routed ISU, 80-60, before a crowd of 2,991.
                      Yikes!
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• let's see, up 4, 5 seconds left so foul the shooter. Sound familiar?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          With our Shockers moving in the wrong direction in the "Realm of Bracketology" , we are going to need to start rooting for selfish reasons for certain teams to win/lose. I'll start with some games tonight 02/07/20:

#9 Maryland at #20 Illinois - I'm rooting for Maryland
                          VCU at Davidson - I'm rooting for VCU
                          Harvard at #37 Yale - I'm rooting for Harvard (sorry Yale)
                          Well you were 3-0. Maryland, VCU and Harvard all won.Good job keep it upl

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Well you were 3-0. Maryland, VCU and Harvard all won.Good job keep it upl
                            VCU is now sitting at 32 in the NET. Just two spots away from being a Q1 win

Comment

• Just about 30 days left in the regular season and the "Bubble Watch" is in now in play. Lots of games being played today (02/08/20) and so therefore many of them will have a direct impact on the Shockers. However, here are a select few that I think will have the most impact and hoping we get at least 50% of them today:

Michigan vs #16 Michigan State - I'm pulling for Michigan State to get the road win
                              USC at Arizona State - rooting for Arizona State
                              Indiana vs Purdue - Wish they both could lose, but I'll pull for Purdue
                              Stanford at #24 Colorado - rooting for Colorado
                              Purdue at Indiana - looking for Purdue to win
                              Xavier vs Providence - need Providence to get the upset win
                              Virginia at #5 Louisville - let's go Hooker U.
                              Mississippi State vs Vanderbilt - com'on Vandy get the win
                              Minnesota at #22 Penn State - rooting for State
                              Arizona State vs USC - pulling for Arizona State
                              Georgetown vs DePaul - rooting for the Blue Demons
                              Texas vs Texas Tech - Let's go Tech
                              Alabama at Georgia - Georgia on my mind for the win

Like I mentioned before, many more other games being played that will impact the Shockers and AAC, and I'll try and post them as games are completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

let's see, up 4, 5 seconds left so foul the shooter. Sound familiar?
                                Its not like they’re Ivy Leaguers or something...oh, wait. BBIQ is not a given!

Comment

Working...
                                X