2019-20 National Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like #26
    The Associated Press college basketball poll started on Jan. 20, 1949. The original poll had 20 teams, with Saint Louis the first school to hold the No. 1 ranking. From the 1961-62 season through 1967-68 only 10 teams were ranked. It expanded again to 20 teams from 1968-69 through 1988-89. The Top 25 began the next season, and it has stayed at that number ever since. The AP's final poll is released after the field for the NCAA Tournament is selected.

Comment

• The official page for the AP Top 25 men's college basketball poll. Keep up to date and view the latest NCAA men's basketball ranking updates each week for the 2023-24 season.

26th lol, 13 votes from freaking Iowa.

And of course, Iowa and Arizona aren't gonna lose for at least another week.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• It makes sense. Liberty, DePaul and Penn St. all have a waaaay better recent 10 year history and proven coaches. It's a shame we don't have a top-level head coach and no proven history the past 10 years.
        Wait....
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Most of the names next to NR are familiar. https://collegepolltracker.com/baske...-shockers/2019

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Not in the top 25 yet. This is a gift on a silver platter from the voters. I like it. This team is going to play even more PO’d.

Comment

• Meh, these rankings are fun for chatter, but they don't mean sh!t. Shox keep playing the way they are and take care of bidness and none of it will matter. But yes, Seth Davis is a complete tool.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  No doubt Seth Davis owns a severe case of admitted political bias, fostered and perhaps conceived on the elitist of the elite Dookie campus, but remember also that he said "Wichita State to the Final Four" before the Pitt game. One assumes that was prior to contracting TDS.

As for Liberty, they do own a road win at Vandy. I know Vandy is terrible but when you were 10-0 it does give some validation. Losing to UAB cancels that though.
                  Duke, especially at his time in college, is/was far from an elite "liberal" school.

Perhaps it was more of the fact that he's Lanny Davis' son than the fact he went to Duke.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Guess they won't be believers until S hox beat Memphis? It's either feast or famine it seems. I guess it's just more bulletin board material for GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      Not in the top 25 yet. This is a gift on a silver platter from the voters. I like it. This team is going to play even more PO’d.
                      I love every opportunity we have to put the chip on our shoulder and play even Angrier. Should stay this way up through the Ole Miss game.
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        Most of the names next to NR are familiar. https://collegepolltracker.com/baske...-shockers/2019
                        I really thought Rothstein would throw the American a few more bones but instead he appears to be way onboard with the St.Mary's train?...

On twitter, he's all talk..
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Meh. Nothing burger to me. Didn't have enough help ahead of us to move all the way up. Still solidly at 26. One more spot wouldn't have made me feel that much better. If this gives the guys even a bit of a chip on the shoulder to get shots up during their break, I'm all for it. Barring weird happenings this week (are there many relevant games this week that could realistically move rankings), we'll just have to take care of business with Abilene, ECU, and Ole Miss to get ourselves in the rankings just in time for the Memphis game.

EDIT: To answer my own question, there are a couple chances to get help this week:

21 Washington is at Diamondhead this week, playing 8-3 Hawaii tonight and either Georgia Tech or Houston on Christmas

19 Kentucky hosts 3 Louisville on Saturday. A loss maybe wouldn't knock Kentucky out of rankings but it certainly drops them even more, especially if Louisville lays the lumber to them

22 West Virginia goes to Columbus to take on 2 Ohio State on Sunday. Again, a loss maybe shouldn't knock out West Virginia, but a sizable loss makes it possible.
                          Last edited by WuShock16; December 23, 2019, 11:42 AM.
                          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Duke, especially at his time in college, is/was far from an elite "liberal" school.

Perhaps it was more of the fact that he's Lanny Davis' son than the fact he went to Duke.
                            And an only child...

Comment

• Bet we're in coaches poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                Bet we're in coaches poll.
                                That, we are. #25.

Weekly results from the USA TODAY Sports NCAA Men’s College Basketball coaches poll, conducted weekly using a panel of head coaches at Division I schools.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X