2019-20 National Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

While officially not used by the NCAA Selection committee, if i recall correctly, RPI had a slightly better success record on who got an "At-Large" bid last year.
    I think this is confused by some, but the NCAA doesn't really put much weight on the team's RPI rank, they just use it for resume purposes. Same with NET, they care about the NET rank of the teams you beat, not your rank specifically.

Comment

Michigan soars to the top of Andy Katz's latest Power 36 college basketball rankings - NCAA.COM

ANDY KATZ | NCAA.COM CORRESPONDENT
      DECEMBER 2, 2019

Stephen F. Austin's head coach Kyle Keller speaks with NCAA.com the day after the team's huge win over No. 1 Duke. Before Tuesday night, Duke had won 150 games in a row at home against nonconference teams.

"Everyone missed on Michigan. Everyone. But what the Wolverines showed in the Bahamas last week is that results matter, projections do not. One month into the season, the entire rankings are/should be shaken up. There are plenty of chances for projected powers to move up and back to where they think they belong.

20. West Virginia (36): The Mountaineers beat a quality Wichita State team for a title in Cancun.

24: Oklahoma State (NR): The Cowboys 78-37 NIT Season Tip-off title win over Ole Miss was as impressive a win as any team has had this season.

25. Temple (26): The Owls were in a position to upset Maryland in the opener of the Orlando Invitational. They then took care of Texas A&M and Davidson.

26. Memphis (27): Precious Achiuwa has been an elite player for the Tigers.

First four out: 1. Arkansas; 2. Purdue; 3. VCU; 4. Richmond
      Second four out: 5. Oklahoma; 6. Indiana; 7. BYU; 8. Notre Dame..."

Comment

AP and Coaches Polls are out for 12/05/19:

The official page for the AP Top 25 men's college basketball poll. Keep up to date and view the latest NCAA men's basketball ranking updates each week for the 2023-24 season.

Team of Interest:
        #15/18 Memphis (previous #16/20)
        #30/25 Oklahoma State (previous #26/NR)
        #32/35 West Virginia (previous #NR/42)
        #39/34 Oklahoma (previous #27/26)
        #41/31 VCU (previous #20/19)
        #44/NR SMU (previous #NR/NR)
        #NR/39 Wichita State (previous #NR/40)
        #NR/44 Tulane (previous #NR/42)

Other Teams of Interest:
        None

Comments or Off The Board:
        #NR/NR Cincinnati (previous #38/42)

Comment

College Basketball Power Rankings: Michigan and Auburn Big Risers - Scout

By Jacob Fetner
          12/02/19, 1230pm cst

https://www.scout.com/basketball/col...rn-big-risers/

"Just several weeks into the season we have already seen three #1 ranked teams fall. No team has separated from the rest of the pack, which should make for a fun season with a ton of parody. The big surprise so far this season is Juwan Howard's Michigan Wolverines. Howard has led the Wolverines to upset wins over Gonzaga and North Carolina, and the Wolverines have gone from unranked to the top-5....

Top-25 Rankings
          19. Memphis Tigers (6-1): Upcoming Games: Dec. 3 vs. Bradley, Dec. 7 vs. UAB
          20. Oklahoma State Cowboys (7-0): Upcoming Games: Dec. 4 vs. Georgetown, Dec. 8 vs. Wichita State

Just Missed:
          Florida Gators, San Diego State Aztecs, LSU Tigers, DePaul Blue Demons, Temple Owls, Indiana Hoosiers, Xavier Muskateers, Texas Tech Red Raiders, Utah State Aggies"

Comment

College basketball rankings: Michigan State falls out of Top 25 And 1 after loss to Duke - CBS Sports

by Gary Parrish
            posted: 12/04/19, 10:00am cst

#14. Memphis - Alex Lomax came off the bench and got 17 points in Tuesday's 71-56 victory over Bradley. The Tigers are now 5-0 without James Wiseman.

#25. Oklahoma State - Yor Anei finished with 14 points, nine rebounds and four blocks in Friday's 78-37 victory over Ole Miss. The Cowboys' perfect record features three wins over top-100 KenPom teams.

#26. West Virginia - Derek Culver came off the bench and scored a career-high 25 points in Sunday's 86-81 win over Rhode Island. The Mountaineers are 7-0 for the first time since the 2015-16 season

Comment

Tulane (7-1) got 1 vote in the coach's poll. I have a feeling someone voted based solely on the W/L record without any further evaluation.

In Tulane's 7 wins, their opponents have a combined W/L record of 8-38.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I am sure this win over OSU will help Kstate and Texas Tech gets some more votes in the Coaches poll. Kansas State has 10 votes now and that number will go up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                  I am sure this win over OSU will help Kstate and Texas Tech gets some more votes in the Coaches poll. Kate has 10 votes now and that number will go up.
                  A loss to Bradley should disqualify KState from being in the Top 25 for a month.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Comment

• Very interesting. Our defensive metric is higher than West Virginia this week. My oh my, "How the World Turns".

Comment

• Louisville is the new No. 1 in Andy Katz's latest college basketball rankings - NCAA.COM

ANDY KATZ, CORRESPONDENT
                        DECEMBER 9, 2019

The Cardinals took down Michigan and Jordan Nwora continues to look like an All-American. That's reason enough to jump the Cardinals to the top stop in this week's volatile Power 36 college basketball rankings from Andy Katz.

21. Memphis (26): Precious Achiuwa continues to be one of the top freshmen in the country that is getting no love

25. West Virginia (20): The Mountaineers did lose their first game of the season at St. John’s in a late possession game. Fine. This is still an elite squad.

33. Wichita State (NR): The Shockers crushed Oklahoma State on Sunday. Their only loss was to West Virginia in Cancun.

Dropped out: Saint Mary’s, Florida, Florida State, Oklahoma State, Temple, Penn State, DePaul.

Comment

• AP and Coaches Polls are out for 12/09/19:

The official page for the AP Top 25 men's college basketball poll. Keep up to date and view the latest NCAA men's basketball ranking updates each week for the 2023-24 season.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa.../coaches-poll/

Team of Interest:
                          #13/17 Memphis (previous #15/18)
                          #37/NR West Virginia (previous #32/35)
                          #40/29 VCU (previous #41/31)
                          #NR/31 Oklahoma (previous #39/34)
                          #NR/32 Oklahoma State (previous #30/25)
                          #NR/37 Wichita State (previous #NR/39)

Other Teams of Interest:
                          None

Comments or Off The Boiard:
                          #NR/NR SMU (previous #44/NR)
                          #NR/NR Tulane (previous #NR/44)

Comment

• AP not buying the Shockers yet. Like others mentioned, we’re a ranked team if we go 2-0 over the next two weeks.

Comment

• My personal judgement is right around #45 right now but trending towards 30-35. I see us winning Saturday and probably
                              losing against VCU then winning at least the next 4. Still on my target of 24 W's and an 8 seed

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                My personal judgement is right around #45 right now but trending towards 30-35. I see us winning Saturday and probably
                                losing against VCU then winning at least the next 4. Still on my target of 24 W's and an 8 seed
                                Losing at home to VCU? Sorry, I just don’t see that happening.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X