2019-20 National Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    NR in Luke DeCocks Ballot. He didn't move anyone out including 7-3 Tennessee

https://amp.newsobserver.com/sports/...mpression=true
    Luke needs a BIG time out. Virginia at EIGHT? All the credit in the world for the Cavs winning the Natty last year (needed a miracle but it counts) but getting handled by the Cocks and getting absolutely destroyed by a better than their record makes them look but still 7-5 Purdue team 69-40 does not a number 8 ranking deserve.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Luke needs a BIG time out. Virginia at EIGHT? All the credit in the world for the Cavs winning the Natty last year (needed a miracle but it counts) but getting handled by the Cocks and getting absolutely destroyed by a better than their record makes them look but still 7-5 Purdue team 69-40 does not a number 8 ranking deserve.
      Also only had Dayton at 20 last week. What a simp.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• NR on Murray' s ballot.
        Nevada Sports Net columnist Chris Murray is one of 65 voters in the college basketball AP Top 25 poll. Here is a look at his final ballot this week. On the rise. * Gonzaga: Another week, another No. 1. For the sixth time in eight weeks, I have a different team atop my ballot with Gonzaga following Kansas (which lost to Villanova last week to fall off the top perch), Kentucky, Duke, Michigan and Louisville.

Comment

• RPI
          #17 Wichita State (up 19 spots since last week) http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/rpi-live

NET
          #11 Wichita State (up 3 spots) https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings

Comment

Having a conversation with him on Twitter asking him how he came up with Tennessee vs WSU. He doesn't use NET but named off about 5-6 other metrics that he uses. Looked them up and 75% of those show WSU drastically higher than Tennessee.

Only thing he can come up with is "I didn't feel like they deserved to drop out"

Comment

Having a conversation with him on Twitter asking him how he came up with Tennessee vs WSU. He doesn't use NET but named off about 5-6 other metrics that he uses. Looked them up and 75% of those show WSU drastically higher than Tennessee.

Only thing he can come up with is "I didn't feel like they deserved to drop out"
              What an idiot. Why would the NET not be part of his equation, that's just stupid to not make it a part of your decision. I bet he was a Jerrry Palm RPI disciple.

Comment

Well done on your back and forth with Luke. You got your point across to where he was backed into corner with only come back that he basically hates the drop teams from his list. Guessing We will be on his next ballot though. Way to represent Stick!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

What an idiot. Why would the NET not be part of his equation, that's just stupid to not make it a part of your decision. I bet he was a Jerrry Palm RPI disciple.
                  He has no equation... He just proved that. His most important factor is moving teams in/out. Another way of saying that is he's in the business of proving himself right. His previous rankings get factored in to future rankings even if new data emerges that shows the previous rankings are no longer correct

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Well done on your back and forth with Luke. You got your point across to where he was backed into corner with only come back that he basically hates the drop teams from his list. Guessing We will be on his next ballot though. Way to represent Stick!
                    I didn't get the impression that I changed his mind on anything. And with us only having 1 game vs a horrible team before the next ballot, we would need some help there.

Comment

• Comment

I suspect Luke has had challenges, especially surviving adolescence, with a name like Luke DeCock. He is probably still trying to prove he is DeCock.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Falwell U at 15. SMDH
                          Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Based on all of this evidence, I'd say it's better than 75% we crack in this week. I wasn't expecting that with only 1 team directly in front of us losing. That would be a sweet xmas present.

On a side note, let's try not to piss potential voters off. You can make arguments and keep things straight too. If he doesn't get it, he doesn't get it. No use getting bent out of shape about it. We're good. But it's debatable if we have a Top 25 resume at this point too. Certainly not iron-clad, lock-it-up. It's comparable to a lot of other resumes 20-30.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Liberty at 15 is asinine though.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Seth Davis revised - Wich St. #25

Comment

Working...