2019-20 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
    This morning, Palm has us playing Cincy in the play-in game....wth?
    I mean, he’s not 100% wrong, just that the play-in will be this Saturday, not next week.

Comment

• Let’s win the tournament.

Comment

• Maybe the tournament breaks in our favor....
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I’ll probably throw up if the Valley and American get the same number of bids. For some reason UNI is still getting some love. Even votes in the AP poll today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kashman View Post
            Just a quick look at Lunardi's bracket.

All teams that have a lower net than us that he has in
            Stanford
            Rutgers
            LSU
            Indiana
            Texas
            UCLA
            NCSt
            ASU
            OU
            Cincy (i can forgive this since we are 0-2)

He also has Texas Tech. 22 NET, 73 RPI, 7-13 Q1/Q2 record, and a 192 non-con SOS that they went 9-4 in.
            Can you or someone please explain how this can be true. I thought the new net scores were suppose to mean something when selecting teams for the tournament. If our net score is better how do these other teams get selected? I mean really what is criteria? (PS I haven't checked your scores, I assume you are right)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kashman View Post
              Just a quick look at Lunardi's bracket.

All teams that have a lower net than us that he has in
              Stanford
              Rutgers
              LSU
              Indiana
              Texas
              UCLA
              NCSt
              ASU
              OU

Cincy (i can forgive this since we are 0-2)

He also has Texas Tech. 22 NET, 73 RPI, 7-13 Q1/Q2 record, and a 192 non-con SOS that they went 9-4 in.
              Predictable. All mediocre BCS teams he has getting in over us. Tool.

All together now...#stillrigged.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Predictable. All mediocre BCS teams he has getting in over us. Tool.

All together now...#stillrigged.
                Not excited to see the 10th place Big 10 team mediocre their way to a bid?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Can you or someone please explain how this can be true. I thought the new net scores were suppose to mean something when selecting teams for the tournament. If our net score is better how do these other teams get selected? I mean really what is criteria? (PS I haven't checked your scores, I assume you are right)
                  Short answer is if we were in a P5 conference with this NET, we would probably be looking at a 7-10 seed and firmly in the field.

Comment

The convoluted logic is that the NET ranking is used to determine how good a team is so it can be used to compare Quality Wins/Bad Losses but it's not actually used to just directly compare teams ...

Comment

He had the experience and knew how the Selection Committee selects: market. The P5 and BE have larger market (or fanbase).
                      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• A big problem with the way the committee uses NET is that the raw ranking isn't good enough, even though a team's record vs Q1 or whatever subset of data you want to analyze is already baked into the NET rankings. It makes the selection process so subjective and impossible to predict, and typically harms teams outside of the traditional power structure (anyone outside of the P5 + Big East).

I will likely start a topic on Wins Above Bubble/Strength of Record at some point. It's worth the analysis and they are both much better descriptive metrics. We would be an 8 seed as of today based on Seth Burn's WAB ratings (use the "Blend" sheet): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1968222848
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• So if the season ended today, think we’d be in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Not excited to see the 10th place Big 10 team mediocre their way to a bid?
                            Nope. Nor should anybody. Except the people who run the NCAA and cash those TV revenue checks. Travesty how advertising money (demands) waters down the best tournament on earth.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I’ll probably throw up if the Valley and American get the same number of bids. For some reason UNI is still getting some love. Even votes in the AP poll today.
                              Agreed completely and it's amazing how UNI fans still think they belong because they beat Colorado. Literally no other good wins, and some horrible losses. Not to mention played 2 non D1 schools in the non conference and left one game on the table. Absolutely no way!

Comment

So if the season ended today, think we’d be in?
                                I actually think we would be. Probably 1st 4 though.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X