Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our NET jumped 5 spots from 46 to 41.

Comment

• I'm still optimistic that one win gets us at least a first 4 bid. 2 wins and we are in.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• This morning, Palm has us playing Cincy in the play-in game....wth?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          I'm still optimistic that one win gets us at least a first 4 bid. 2 wins and we are in.
          The problem with only winning one is that it means losing a third time to Cinci. I can’t see us getting in if that’s the case. Unfortunately, I think we have to win two.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm sorry but you lose all credibility when you have a team on your own cut line (Texas) who gets obliterated by a lesser team on it's own floor in the last game of the season, for no reason, and it doesn't move the needle. Not saying WSU has to be in before them, but someone else is worthy that won. Having Texas in is nothing but big name bias and over valuing a few games that you intentionally want to over value.
            This right here^^^! No different when Utah State lost to New Mexico at the end of their regular season... they didn't move in his bracket while WSU kept sliding down after wins over USF and Tulane. Look, there's no way I'd argue if WSU is sent to Dayton to prove it. But if they are sent to the First Four and a team like Texas or UCLA gets in but isn't First Four.... I'd love to hear the reasons.
            -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Just a quick look at Lunardi's bracket.

All teams that have a worse net than us that he has in
              Stanford. 30 NET
              Rutger 32 NET
              LSU 29 NET
              Indiana
              Texas
              UCLA
              NCSt
              ASU
              OU
              Cincy (i can forgive this since we are 0-2)

He also has Texas Tech. 22 NET, 73 RPI, 7-13 Q1/Q2 record, and a 192 non-con SOS that they went 9-4 in.
              Last edited by Kashman; March 9, 2020, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• The only thing I'm going to look at from the mothership's bracketology are the 23 teams for 13 spots. Only crazy bid stealers are SF and Wofford. If Gonzaga and ETSU can win, we should be ok with the 13.

That will leave us with NCState, Texas Tech, OU, Texas, Providence, Marquette, Xavier, Rutgers, Indiana, Purdue, USC, Stanford, Arizona State, UCLA, Miss State, Arkansas, WSU, Cincy, Memphis, ETSU, Richmond, SFA and UNI.

Personally I think we're no worse than 11 on that list, but I know I'm biased.

I can't believe 24 wins in this conference can't get you in. All the bubble teams have flaws. Get to the finals and regardless, logistically I believe WSU is in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Our NET jumped 5 spots from 46 to 41.
                  All Team Sheet Metrics this morning and their associated seed if they did a straight down the bracket ranking (they dont obviously)
                  NET: 41 (11 seed)
                  KenPom: 39 (10 seed)
                  BPI: 40 (10 seed)
                  Sagarin: 32 (8 seed)
                  KPI: (8 seed)
                  Strength of Record: 33 (9 seed)

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

The problem with only winning one is that it means losing a third time to Cinci. I can’t see us getting in if that’s the case. Unfortunately, I think we have to win two.
                    Good point.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Monday Mornings Major Brackets:
                      CBS: Last 4 in (vs Cincy of all teams)
                      ESPN: TBD
                      USA Today: 11 seed non-play in (last team with a bye)
                      Yahoo: First of the Last 4 in

Comment

• Palm must have changed his bracket again this morning because I’m seeing Cincy fully in Round of 64 and WSU playing Richmond in the First 4.
                        78-65

Comment

• The sorry 1-bid MVC gets itself another scalp. (Northern Iowa)

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm sorry but you lose all credibility when you have a team on your own cut line (Texas) who gets obliterated by a lesser team on it's own floor in the last game of the season, for no reason, and it doesn't move the needle. Not saying WSU has to be in before them, but someone else is worthy that won. Having Texas in is nothing but big name bias and over valuing a few games that you intentionally want to over value.

Just wait till next Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              Palm must have changed his bracket again this morning because I’m seeing Cincy fully in Round of 64 and WSU playing Richmond in the First 4.
                              He probably moved Cincy because they have the "auto-bid" as of right now. Can't play in the first four then .

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
                                This morning, Palm has us playing Cincy in the play-in game....wth?

Comment

Working...
                                X