Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    Found this while googling for "my glass is always half full"... sorry KCShox, it doesn't add much to the conversation. :)

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    … and his shot is flat; he 'bricked' two key free throws and they didn't have a chance. Regardless, there's still a lot I like about Ricky Torres... he has jucoitis.

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    Wichita State is and always will be a major program. What you are referring to is our quality of play which you'd be correct in saying, kinda sucks. But we were a major program in the Valley and we're a major program in the AAC.

Part of what you see missing is the same thing I see missing at times, Play Angry (the other is execution). The separation between winning and losing college basketball teams is usually effort. Yes talent makes a big difference at the polar extremes, but effort bridges the talent gap amongst the top 75 every single night.

T

...:cool:

• Shox The Revenant
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Everything in life and basketball are relative. We will win 17 games ( +/- one ) this season. I can remember
    years that would have made fans happy. Lomax and AR instead of SHJ and RT would have meant at least
    22 wins and competition for the top four in the AAC with still a very young team. Circumstances bit this years
    team in the butt. Next year we will win at least 20-22 again and the year after 24-25. Gm will revitalize the
    program. I agree we need to do something about these VERY BORING half time competitions. I'll throw this in.
    Watched RT warming up before the start of the second half. The kid does NOT square up even when he
    is warming up - no wonder he can't shoot.
    That's a bold statement young man. Seeing how the Shox barely beat a team (at home) with a 300 SOS and their 5 wins came against teams with a combined 5 and 29 record, oh, and basketball powerhouse Carver Bible College. I hope you're right.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly BOBB Also, he's one of 3 players that actually understand where the eff they're supposed to be most of the time. He's in shape and not asking to come out for a break, and he's not in foul trouble (see ES, JE etc) and limiting his own minutes.

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    Are you really trying to compare Jacksonville State at home during finals before Christmas on a Wednesday night to a round of 32 HOME game in the NCAA tournament against a B1G program and SENIOR night for one of the hometown hero types who has his picture in the rafters?

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    Made this same comment last night to people around me. Shaq was never in this bad a "shape". All our post guys can go for about 2 minutes hard (and I'm not picking on them, Mo asked to come out once after a couple of minutes and still busted his ass to sprint as hard as he could up and down one more time before a whistle allowed the substitution). Our bigs are a long way from being ready to go "at this level". And no, it's not our only problem right now.

• asiseeit
    replied
    Everything in life and basketball are relative. We will win 17 games ( +/- one ) this season. I can remember
    years that would have made fans happy. Lomax and AR instead of SHJ and RT would have meant at least
    22 wins and competition for the top four in the AAC with still a very young team. Circumstances bit this years
    team in the butt. Next year we will win at least 20-22 again and the year after 24-25. Gm will revitalize the
    program. I agree we need to do something about these VERY BORING half time competitions. I'll throw this in.
    Watched RT warming up before the start of the second half. The kid does NOT square up even when he
    is warming up - no wonder he can't shoot.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    commented on 's reply
    That should be concerning, because just because a doctor doesn't find anything doesn't mean their is not a undiagnosed underlying issue. It just means the doctor who looked at him doesn't know what to look for.

• BOBB
    replied
    It is past time for a change in the AD. Unfortunately, barring a major scandal this is unlikely. We need someone that can handle the "blocking and tackling" of running a department. There are plenty of funds development people that a competent manager could hire to raise money, shake hands and kiss babies.

Leave a comment:

• Jhook89
    commented on 's reply
    But he almost nullifies that with terrible shots that don’t go in lol.

• BOBB
    commented on 's reply
    One player that can put the ball in the basket. Whatever his other limitations he can score.

• ShoxRoxMySox
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure that's a fair statement. This is a down year, not a down program, at least IMO... Big difference.

• BOBB
    commented on 's reply
    It was just late.

• Jhook89
    replied
    SHJ played more minutes than anyone. I wonder what 3g sees

Leave a comment:

Working...
X