• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    Sleep with Stormy!

• Kung Wu
    commented on 's reply
    As long as the athletes are only bitching about FREE shoes, I don't care. If there is a mandate that athletes (especially track members) HAVE to wear UA shoes, then it's time to get the pitch forks out, and I will lead the way. If they are just bitching that the only freebies they are getting are UA, then they need to just shut up and wear their favorite shoe at their own expense. So really it depends on the situation -- which is it?

• BOBB
    commented on 's reply
    Full blown scandal or new president.

• WstateU
    replied
    This is pretty good... :)

https://twitter.com/chris_lillytv/st...732792320?s=21

P.S. Coach Marshall did a great JE impersonation on a recent coaches show. Hilarious!
    Last edited by WstateU; December 14, 2018, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    You are not.

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Did anyone see that it took them like four times last night to get the Houston-LSU score formatted and updated correctly, when they were putting up games of interest scores on the board? I openly laughed at the incompetence.

Another moment had Don Hall on PA, unrelated commercial on the board, and a recorded song going... all at the same time.

Core competencies, as the private sector might say. LolzwtfutalkinboutWillis, as the WSU AD might say.

It’s just everything about their ability to manage an event properly. Pure clown show.
    It sure seems like they care that you're getting your money's worth.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Why are people not understanding the difference between seasons and programs? Our program is not down. We are having a down year with major roster turnover, the first down year in quite a while.
    Because they didn’t read my Butler: A Case Study thread

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    commented on 's reply
    PROGRAM and SEASON are two different things.

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    We are not down? We are 5-4. Did you watch the game last night?
    Why are people not understanding the difference between seasons and programs? Our program is not down. We are having a down year with major roster turnover, the first down year in quite a while.

Leave a comment:

• Good News
    commented on 's reply
    Am I the only one that reads these posts and wonders if Andy Kaufman is alive and decided to give Latka a little brother?

• pinstripers
    replied
    We are not down? We are 5-4. Did you watch the game last night?

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

Please nobody take this the wrong way, but Wichita State is not a high major D1 basketball program right now. I would probably say last season we were a high top-tier mid-major program. We had personnel, but we lacked some game execution, we lacked strong defense. There are other things the program lacked which you only see if you attend a home game that knock us down a notch from being high-major. The in-game production from the non-basketball side, is one of the worst things I've ever seen, especially if you've ever watched a home game on TV. It's borderline sleepy-time "everyone go to your phone now, because nothing is happening for the next 3 minutes during this time-out."

I really miss the way things used to be. Koch arena was a place to be feared, nobody would play us here. It was loud, deafening loud, and nearly all of it has been lost on the "commercialization" of the program. The band is so poorly utilized, they might as well stay home. Empty seats you say? Well, going to Shocker games used to be an experience. It was fun and exciting, but so much of it has disappeared. Now teams come in here and there's nothing to be afraid of. We're at the point where we have difficulty winning home games now.

Make no mistake about it, WSU has lost something - its not the same program it was 3-10 years ago. Our fan base (myself included) now questions whether or not we can even beat a Jacksonville State in our home arena, which was completely unheard of a few years ago. All of these are wins - they're after-thoughts. And no, we aren't spoiled, and it's not right for a coach to say that, even if he's destined for HOF status. But as fans and students of the game we expect and are used to seeing more than what we're getting. Anybody here remember a game we played against Iowa many, many many years ago? THAT was a loud game, especially from the upper tiers. Were we spoiled that night? Or, was I spoiled when I sat center court 15 rows up to watch AC get the single game scoring record on senior night? It was loud then, too. The players and atmosphere played a significant role in making the players feel special, and right now, I think in-game policy is just not giving the program the boost it desperately needs. Believe it or not, it's not always about the money.
    You are entitled to your opinion. And you are entitled to be wrong. Our program is not down. We are going through a transition because we have so many new players to Div -1 basketball. I get excited for the future when I see a lineup that has ES, DD, JB, and MU out there. The best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores. Thats one helleve core group. Plus a great recruiting class coming in with RT and JE coming back. The future looks great.

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    commented on 's reply
    I believe Ramon Clemente and Rashard were warriors on the glass. But the way Coach M demands rebounding from everyone it's hard to average double figures in rebounding for the shocks.

• Shocktoberfest
    commented on 's reply
    Been following the stat line a bit. I agree. It looks like, on paper, that he hasn't made as big of an impact as we would have thought.

• ccrunner101
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Lomax and AR instead of SHJ and RT would have meant at least
    22 wins and competition for the top four in the AAC with still a very young team.
    Has anyone on this board actually watched Lomax this year? A bunch of people on this board would make you think he is or would be averaging 15 pts 8 assists. SHJ has definitely played better than Lomax has. Tyler Harris on the other hand has been outstanding for Memphis.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X