Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockerFever
    replied
    What would it take for Fat Boy to get let go? Or is that mission impossible?

Leave a comment:

• proshox
    commented on 's reply
    The worst part of UA... the balls. UA teams have terrible track record for shooting in the NCAA tournament.

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    He may be a KU fan or professional troll, but Joerg's posts are solid gold.

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    Possibly the best 8 posts in ShockerNet history.

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    Wonder if Fat Boy got a sweet perk when signing the contract? Time to go Adidas. Can't go NIKE due to the whole Kaepernick fiasco.

T

...:cool:

• Mr. Obvious
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I understand what you're trying to say but SHJ IS a Division I basketball player lol...

He's a little small and possibly not cerebral enough to be a power program player but the kid has gifts and would have a scholarship waiting for him from at least 200 DI schools if he wanted it. I've seen few people quicker and his crossover is blinding. He has a very solid outside shot too.

Even with his "retarded Juco-ballin' self" he managed to go 7 of 16 from the field (3 of 7 from three) last night. He also got 6 rebounds and tied the team high with 3 assists. Yes, he turned the ball over but saying he isn't a DI basketball player is just being nasty.

I've smacked on guys like Jake White, Rob Kampman, and even Garrett Stutz with the best of them, but I never said they weren't DI ballplayers. At least I don't think I did... lol. But SHJ could play each one of those players 1v1 and beat them easily. He is a gifted athlete and one of the best scorers we have right now. If he can just make a few more smart decisions he could be VERY helpful this year in keeping our win/loss record slightly above embarrassing status. He's already won several games for us as it stands right now. Has he lost us any?

I believe I am applying for the job of SHJ's defensive attorney for the remainder of the season. I so enjoy taking the opposite side of the argument, especially when the Groupthink meter is pegged. So expect me to push back when ya'll go MMA on the little lightening man.

We suck right now for a lot of reasons. I've already stated one big reason in my "edge thread".

P.S. Did I hear somebody say Marshall has gotten a bit of a belly on him now? Greeeeeaaaaaaat. $69,231.00 a week is HCGM's pay. That will buy a lot of suave to help heal those chipped shoulders. Life is goooooooood.

P.S.S. And what's fat boy in the AD's office making? I bet it's even higher than Marshall when you figure his productivity rate in dollars.

T

P.S.S. Cold, Fat Boy is pissing off a lot of his employees with his new Under Armour contract. When engaged in their sport, (practice, games, meeting) its UA apparel period. Includes sports bra's for the tracksters. Shoes is a real sore point with the athletes.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds right to me.

• Kung Wu
    replied
    "stupid shotting"

Leave a comment:

• Joerg
    replied
    Hi is Joerg . Is victorry yestorday and victory is happy for these youths team. I think on this today . Is victory And Joerg is happy on this,,,but SHJ is make me to be crazy . Like crazy man player . Is dumb shot and dumb shot and dumb shot . Is make Joerg so crazy!!!! Learn in head SHJ what is stupid shotting . Get smart learn and pass! Ok ? thanks is Joerg.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Yep. Slightly hypocritical there Cold.

I'm sure SHJ is a great kid. I have no ill-will towards him. He's just not a Division I basketball player. It's frustrating because there are other scenarios and options that can play out.

I know he's trying like every player but it's just the facts. This is basketball. It's a fan message board. Nobody hates him. He's just all JUCO. And this is a high major Division I basketball program.
    I understand what you're trying to say but SHJ IS a Division I basketball player lol...

He's a little small and possibly not cerebral enough to be a power program player but the kid has gifts and would have a scholarship waiting for him from at least 200 DI schools if he wanted it. I've seen few people quicker and his crossover is blinding. He has a very solid outside shot too.

Even with his "retarded Juco-ballin' self" he managed to go 7 of 16 from the field (3 of 7 from three) last night. He also got 6 rebounds and tied the team high with 3 assists. Yes, he turned the ball over but saying he isn't a DI basketball player is just being nasty.

I've smacked on guys like Jake White, Rob Kampman, and even Garrett Stutz with the best of them, but I never said they weren't DI ballplayers. At least I don't think I did... lol. But SHJ could play each one of those players 1v1 and beat them easily. He is a gifted athlete and one of the best scorers we have right now. If he can just make a few more smart decisions he could be VERY helpful this year in keeping our win/loss record slightly above embarrassing status. He's already won several games for us as it stands right now. Has he lost us any?

I believe I am applying for the job of SHJ's defensive attorney for the remainder of the season. I so enjoy taking the opposite side of the argument, especially when the Groupthink meter is pegged. So expect me to push back when ya'll go MMA on the little lightening man.

We suck right now for a lot of reasons. I've already stated one big reason in my "edge thread".

P.S. Did I hear somebody say Marshall has gotten a bit of a belly on him now? Greeeeeaaaaaaat. $69,231.00 a week is HCGM's pay. That will buy a lot of suave to help heal those chipped shoulders. Life is goooooooood.

P.S.S. And what's fat boy in the AD's office making? I bet it's even higher than Marshall when you figure his productivity rate in dollars.

T

Leave a comment:

• JVShocker
    replied
    I said, "don't take it the wrong way." :redface-new: It's just different, I guess. I'm not comparing apples to oranges - I'm saying I PREFER apples to oranges. I prefer the band to play, not background music while the announcer recognizes "game day sponsor", or even the announcer trying to talk and recognize someone who gave money to get an autographed ball at the same time an unrelated commercial is appearing on the big screen, or 9000 people watching someone try to make a free throw when its painfully obvious to everyone in the building they couldn't make a layup. If the $$$$ are so desperately needed that they're foregoing game day experience and atmosphere, then I would argue "we're not there yet."

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    He made a really bad pass at the end of the game when he could have easily ran out the clock or possibly scored himself. Instead, he forced a really bad pass and they came down and hit a three right before the buzzer. Mistakes like that drive me crazy; a 8 point win turns into a 5 point win.

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    Tiny Ricky Torres is missing a few things you just can't teach. I do like the hot sauce he puts on his passes. They've got a nice snap to them.

T

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    Oh yes, we need competent leadership. Competent AD leadership = $$$$. Money doesn't solve eeeeeverything but you can't do a GD thing without it.

T

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    He didn't say it was "hurting" he said he was complaining about it. It could very well be psychosomatic. Heart "issues" can be funny that way.

A good stress test and echo, blood panel, a few rare congenital conditions to test for, no signs of fainting or exertion-induced chest pain and he's 99.99% good to go.

But once you get in your head that there's something wrong with your heart, it can be tricky to convince someone otherwise. The heart can be a weird and spooky little muscle when it starts skipping and jumping. The more anxiety you have just makes the symptoms worse. You've just gotta try and ignore it after receiving the all clear.

T

Working...
X