Teddy Allen - Man or Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Why would the NCAA want to shine the light of transparency on their operations?
    Ha-ha. Good question. Guess I'll have to have my secretary go down the list of all BCS team rosters for this upcoming season who were granted their transfer exemptions thus far. Lol
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I'm expecting the NCAA to make a ruling that he is eligible and make that eligibility retroactive to the first game of the season. That decision will be announced some time in April, but the retroactive ruling will only be made if Allen hasn't played in any games this year.

It would set a bad precedent if WSU got the same favorable waiver rulings that are given to schools from the "right" (P5) conferences.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Can we get someone from Nike to file the petition on our behalf?

Comment

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL!

• SHOCKvalue
          SHOCKvalue commented
          Editing a comment
          UA now, actually.

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Right, but it seems like Nike is the one pulling all the strings, with UK, Duke, UNC, etc. We need to ask one more favor.

I think the difficulty is that the five or six members of the Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee that sits over these decisions (and many others) have day jobs and get the work done via once- or twice-weekly conference calls. (There are just two in-person meetings each year). It may well be, as with many bodies of this type, that NCAA staffers handle the legwork and make recommendations.

The Deputy Athletic Director for WVU was listed as a committee member in May. If there's any bad blood with WVU, that could be no bueno.

http://www.ncaa.org/division-i-stude...sponsibilities

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...t_20180709.pdf

May 2018 meeting roster

Michael Bitter, Stetson University.
        Rick Christensen, Duquesne University.
        Loretta Lamar, United States Naval Academy.
        Kelsi White, Miami University (Ohio).
        Keli Zinn, West Virginia University.
        Jennifer Vining-Smith, University of California, Los Angeles.
        Last edited by Wuzee; October 17, 2018, 03:32 PM.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

A player list must be out there as a good friend of mine said his wife was tracking "hardship" cases and that up to now, almost all approved had been from P5 schools. Know nothing beyond this, but I'll try to check with her on how she's following all this.

Comment

If you’ve been paying attention I think you’re under the assumption Teddy is playing this year. I am under that assumption at least.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
              If you’ve been paying attention I think you’re under the assumption Teddy is playing this year. I am under that assumption at least.
              I am a little more pessimistic on this, but I would certainly love to see him play this season.

If he does play that will drastically improve WSU stock and I think they would be a few spots higher than 8th if they coaches had to re-vote.
              The Assman

Comment

Doesn’t his Dad/brother still call Mesa AZ home? Understand he spent 2 years at Boys Town in order to grow up. Evidently that is the connection. Should hear something real soon. Would be a boost

Comment

Would Teddy make a difference in this team being a tournament team or not? If not, wouldn't it be better to have him an extra year in the future instead of during what I would harshly call a throw-away year?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Marshall expects to make the tournament every year. "Throwaway years" are not in his DNA.

T

...:cool:

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Would Teddy make a difference in this team being a tournament team or not? If not, wouldn't it be better to have him an extra year in the future instead of during what I would harshly call a throw-away year?
                  To be honest, I think he could. I have confidence in Marshall in getting these guys to defend. He could be the X-factor on offense that draws enough attention to get the others going.

Comment

• I think we can make the tournament with or without Teddy... Having him just increases our chances making to the second weekend

Comment

• Rumblings

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      A good question but one that is very difficult to answer. One negative of Teddy sitting out is that adds another body to what is already a very large sophomore class to be next year (sujbect to any redshirts this year and any departures at the end of the year). Potentially, we go from 7 sophomores to 8 next year if Teddy sits out subject to the impact of the aforementioned factors, Maybe we get that down to 5 (or 6 if Teddy sits out) with a redshirt and a transfer. We know we will probably have 1 transfer if all of our verbals sign in November although I guess we don't know that it will necessarily be out of this year's freshman group.

I think I would prefer Teddy plays this year but if he doesn't it's not a disaster. Allows more minutes to help develop the big freshman class.

Not sure who might be a redshirt candidate. Maybe Erik Stevenson. One of the bigs maybe? Morris or Isaiah.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        A player list must be out there as a good friend of mine said his wife was tracking "hardship" cases and that up to now, almost all approved had been from P5 schools. Know nothing beyond this, but I'll try to check with her on how she's following all this.

Here is a website that has quite a bit of transfer information:

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Here is a website that has quite a bit of transfer information:

Good grief, 852 listed, all but 299 have been cleared for immediate eligibility and one cleared for January.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                          X