No announcement yet.

Teddy Allen - Man or Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was this waiver only filed two weeks ago?

Comment

• TheShocktocles
      TheShocktocles commented
      Editing a comment
      A total guess by me is that they probably needed to gather documents from a variety of sources that they do not control when the documents will be delivered. You can't send the NCAA what you don't have. And I also guess that WSU and Allen needed to document how his mental health and well being had been impacted by the move to Wichita and meeting with his support staff in Boys Town. I say this only because of what I gather from reading the newspaper article today.

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Rumblings
    Are these rumblings as positive as the ones you heard on Etienne?
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• TheShocktocles
      TheShocktocles commented
      Editing a comment
      I am one of those fans that does not think Allen''s waiver will be granted. I just don't have the confidence in the NCCA. However, after reading the newspaper and looking at the website of Boys Town, I have become a big Teddy Allen fan. How can you not root for this kid? I don't know all the specifics on Allen and I have never met him, but you can't get into Boys Town unless you are a minor at risk. The move from Arizona to Nebraska was done to save him from the risk and conditions in his life. As the man said in the newspaper article Boys Town is not a prep basketball school.

Apparently Allen made the commitment to turn around his life at Boys Town. And he got plenty of help,support, and resources from Boys Town staff. If part of Allen''s decision to attend WSU was to be close to those resources and support staff in Boys Town , I would hope that the NCAA would make a decision to approve the waiver.

Let Allen continue on his journey without the transfer restrictions. He is trying to overcome the adverse conditions in his life and make something of hinself. Give him a chance.

• nm
    Last edited by 1979Shocker; October 18, 2018, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Man.

Comment

• Every day I'm seeing more and more approvals. Virginia just got one.

Comment

• Braxton Key cleared for Virginia.

“Hearing that UVA has or will make an inquiry on behalf of transfer [Braxton Key] and the possibility of him playing this coming season. A hardship appeal would be on behalf on an older close family member who is in ailing health and otherwise might not be able to see him play,” tweeted Doughty.

Comment

• So is Teddy's latest tweet telling us he didn't get it??? Sorry I don't know much about the twitters but he said: "Bruuuh that wasn't the news I was tryn hear"

Comment

• Not seeing that tweet from Teddy
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Looks like he deleted the tweet now...hopefully it had nothing to do with his eligibility for this year?

Comment

• shoxlax we need some positive rumbling juju right about now.

Comment

• shoxlax
                    shoxlax commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If this isn’t granted there will be some very surprised people in the athletic department. That’s about as much positivity as I can pitch.

• Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    shoxlax we need some positive rumbling juju right about now.

He must have seen the tweet too and jumped on it. Due to the timing of other rulings he should have to wait another week I would think.

Comment

• I can't see how they can approve these others and not Teddy's. Would be an easy lawsuit i would think.

Comment

• Maybe they grant waivers based on alphabetical order of all the university names. Just saying

Comment

• im4wsu
                        im4wsu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Should we change our name to “A Wichita State University “?

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Let's not kid ourselves. They are ordered by conference

• Oregon St transfer Payton Dastrup was denied 2 weeks ago, he went through an appeals process to a 2nd committee and was turned down again today. Teddy possibley was turned down and is appealing.

Comment

Working...
                      X