Teddy Allen - Man or Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
    Oregon St transfer Payton Dastrup was denied 2 weeks ago, he went through an appeals process to a 2nd committee and was turned down again today. Teddy possibley was turned down and is appealing.
    Does anyone really expect the NCAA to do Wichita State a 'solid'? He isn't playing for us this year or I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Comment

• After we did Lomax solid, I’m optimistic.

Comment

• NCAA prohibits basketball karma because of the negative effects it would have on UNC and the Chickenhawks.
      Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
        Oregon St transfer Payton Dastrup was denied 2 weeks ago, he went through an appeals process to a 2nd committee and was turned down again today. Teddy possibley was turned down and is appealing.
        I am not sure why you would compare Allen''s case to Dastrup. From what I can see it looks like Dastrup was transferring because of lack of playing time at BYU.
        Last edited by TheShocktocles; October 23, 2018, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          That may not have been a comparison of the cases by Obvious, just of the time frames. The main thing we know is that we DON'T know what's going on; hopefully we will soon.

• Mr. Obvious
          Mr. Obvious commented
          Editing a comment
          Only because he sent out a negative tweet. Guarantee you that’s what happened.

• I ran into someone familiar with the paperwork on Teddy's appeal.

Let me start by saying something about this man's character. I'm not vouching for him and I'm not saying he's got great character by normal standards, but...

...What he's been through and where he is today shows more character than most of us have ever had to show. This man has overcome things most of us can't even imagine. He didn't have a stepfather like Fred had to put him on the right track. He had nothing but himself to rely on to get out of one of the worst situations a person can survive growing up. He was fortunate to get accepted into Boys Town, but he had to prove himself worth receiving the resources Boys Town could offer. Boys town diesn't care about basketball skills.

The NCAA has requested additional information twice. That has been submitted and the NCAA is still considering his appeal. The additional information has slowed the process, so the "normal" 3-week period for a decision is extended in Teddy's situation. The person I talked to, who has been involved in the process, was not optimistic, but was hopeful.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• The NCAA as a non-profit (Lol...f'n LOL).......is interested in making the MOST MONEY it possibly can. They want their cash cows to PROFIT!!!! Hence why we continually see the cheating institutions get #1 or #2 seeds.

You think travelling fans don't make a difference??? You think missing the NCAA tourney makes a difference???

Need I remind you Wichita St. has gone to 7 consecutive NCAA Tournaments tapping into a "new" market for revenue stream for the NCAA.

The NCAA wanted Gregg Marshall to go to a P-5 school but HE DOESN'T WANT TOO!!!

It is what it is...and Teddy Allen will be granted his hardship because even though Boys Town is a 5 hour drive...the Shocker plane can get him there in 59 minutes (God I hope they put that in there in the appeal).

Cash cow. Wichita St. fans travel...and nationally...its a fun team to watch. The networks love 'em! The NCAA will see Teddy's circumstance and grant his eligibility.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• im4wsu
            im4wsu commented
            Editing a comment
            Would flying Teddy be a violation?

• Doesn't seem likely to me.

Comment

• Just going to assume the worst.

Comment

• Too many worriers around here.

Comment

• If the good doctor says not to worry, then folks......
                Don't. Worry.

Comment

• Worrying isn't the proper thing to do. But, it is the NCAA we're dealing with here. There exists a double standard.

Comment

• I'm not worried...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Mizzou just got a waiver.

Comment

• Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but the 3 articles I personally read makes it sound like he transferred for basketball reasons. He was a bad fit at Illinois and didn’t get along with the coach. If the NCAA is granting waivers for that, assuming I understood those articles correctly, then surely they have to grant Teddy’s.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That was my understanding too. There was no hardship at all. So if they approve that and deny any others, it would leave them open for lawsuits IMO.

• In the MVC we definitely don't get the waiver... AAC if literally 50-50... Just wait till next week I suppose

Comment

Working...
                      X