No announcement yet.

New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe the more KU fights this, the more it will come back to bite them. Their 2020 recruiting is already a well documented struggle and it will only continue until they can put all of this in the past. While the battle with the NCAA drags along, KU is essentially putting themselves on probation. Potential student athlete would be hesitant to consider KU while the matter is still being decided. If they were smart, they would roll over, take their punishment and endure a few years of public ridicule. Instead, it appears they intend to fight this, let it drag their program down for a year or two, then suffer an even harsher penalty. I believe Self and Townsend's fate has already been sealed. They are going to fight a fools battle. It should be entertaining!

Comment

• My prediction is two schollies for two years and probation

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        KU could be out of post-season play for multiple years, Self gone, loss of multiple scholarships for multiple years, and unable to pay for top talent.

This could have their basketball program on the ropes in 2024 when the B12's GoR with ESPN expires. The harder (and longer) KU fights this, the more likely it is they will be damaged goods if the B12 has realignment issues in 2024.
        Will KU Basketball's downfall hurt their Football program?
        Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
          I believe the more KU fights this, the more it will come back to bite them. Their 2020 recruiting is already a well documented struggle and it will only continue until they can put all of this in the past. While the battle with the NCAA drags along, KU is essentially putting themselves on probation. Potential student athlete would be hesitant to consider KU while the matter is still being decided. If they were smart, they would roll over, take their punishment and endure a few years of public ridicule. Instead, it appears they intend to fight this, let it drag their program down for a year or two, then suffer an even harsher penalty. I believe Self and Townsend's fate has already been sealed. They are going to fight a fools battle. It should be entertaining!
          As smart of an idea that is for them.....the Bubble's in no way shape or form could simply "roll over, take their punishment and endure a few years of public ridicule." They can't and they know it.

Why??? Simply because of conference shake-up coming down the line again. By "rolling over" they put their fate regarding conference realignment at risk. Their football program is the worst in almost all of history and with a basketball program 'potentially" in the doghouse...they will have nothing in negotiations of getting away from being subjected to receiving an invite to join the Mountain West Conference or worse.

This is their plight. They've cheated for the right to get or maintain P-5 status and that cheating has potentially put them in a position of losing out.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• So to me this says the NCAA is taking this case serious. They don't want to overwhelm themselves while this case is underway.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                My prediction is two schollies for two years and probation
                I would guess you're pretty close there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

So to me this says the NCAA is taking this case serious. They don't want to overwhelm themselves while this case is underway.
                  Sure sounds like it!
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

KU fan is of the opinion that unless the NCAA rolls over and plays dead KU will sue them out of existence.

I have a feeling that the NCAA has a lot more money to throw at lawyers than the KU Athletic Department.
                    KU about to find out just how big of a fish they really are. The ***** slap of reality will be tough on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      My prediction is two schollies for two years and probation
                      That's less than Georgia Tech got for one recruit getting $300 to go to a strip club and another got a little over $2,500 in assorted meals, travel, airline tickets, etc. GTech got a one-year post-season ban and their coaching staff wasn't even implicated.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

That's less than Georgia Tech got for one recruit getting $300 to go to a strip club and another got a little over $2,500 in assorted meals, travel, airline tickets, etc. GTech got a one-year post-season ban and their coaching staff wasn't even implicated.
                        Did Georgia Tech self report?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post

Will KU Basketball's downfall hurt their Football program?
                          What is dead may never die.

Comment

• I say 3 years post season ban. Loss of 2 schollies , vacating wins during time of infraction and reduction of recruiting visits. Oh Bill Self will be pressured out.
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                              I say 3 years post season ban. Loss of 2 schollies , vacating wins during time of infraction and reduction of recruiting visits. Oh Bill Self will be pressured out.
                              the ideal. We'll see though

Comment

• You know, Kentucky has received the death penalty before.

Comment

Working...
                                X