New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
    Thought we were about to lose our president today. Luckily, cooler heads prevailed
    He might have won the battle, but lost the war.

Comment

Thought we were about to lose our president today. Luckily, cooler heads prevailed
      Much better if he resign. Otherwise we enter a period of lethargy called the Golden Slumber years.

Comment

Asking for a friend. Are you not a supporter of the entrepreneurial part of the university and the innovation campus that connects Wichita businesses to 21st and Hillside? I thought that was why Golden’s strength and why he was hired in the first place.

Its not not a surprise that NE Kansas and the BOR doesn’t see it. Is it?

why are you a big supporter of Golden?

Comment

• Zion update:
          What's that? It's totally normal for someone to go from an $895/month rent to a $950,000 house. Of course it is. It has nothing to do with potential extra benefits to go to Duke. Who cares that his st...

Comment

• My Kingdom for a couple of NCAA tourney's without Duke and KU.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Comment

• "I harken back to the days when Tex Winters or Ted Owens allegedly turned in WSU.
                We got put on 3 years probation because someone gave Antione Carr a used leather coat."

I think that was ozell, as he came from san diego where the temp rarely goes below the 60s. He left for new Mexico after that

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                  "I harken back to the days when Tex Winters or Ted Owens allegedly turned in WSU.
                  We got put on 3 years probation because someone gave Antione Carr a used leather coat."

I think that was ozell, as he came from san diego where the temp rarely goes below the 60s. He left for new Mexico after that
                  Actually, the Ozell Jones transgression was not even WSU's fault. His high school sent papers to WSU that showed he had graduated with the proper amount of credits. They had indeed graduated him, however, they counted his PE classes (which most all schools correctly do), but the NCAA found out that Ozell's high school did not officially count PE credits like most schools, but the school failed to let WSU in on that.

Comment

• Also, I think Ozell was from Long Beach and transferred to Long Beach State or Fullerton.

Comment

• Cal State Fullerton, teaming up with Leon Wood. Good team.

Ozell played for the Spurs in the mid-80's?

Comment

• It was a house for AC, not a jacket.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Guys, Duke says Duke didn't do anything wrong. Let it go .. let's stop picking on poor Duke and Coach K. They always get the short end of the stick.

Comment

• To try to avoid paying Beaty $3 mill, KU dug through film until they found a Level 2 violation in FB and turned that in to the NCAA. That resulted in an investigation that revealed the same violation was still occurring, which led to another violation for the FB program Both are minor, but they add to KU's institutional control issue.

Beaty sued and KU fought that in court to the tune of $554,788 in outside legal fees (prior to any unbilled amounts in June). Then they settled the case for $2.55 million.

If they had just paid Beaty, they would have saved themselves two football infractions and a little over $100,000

https://www.kansas.com/latest-news/a...243470571.html
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Just FYI, AC was paid, I heard it straight from the mouth of one of the guys involved. He told me the whole story in Orlando a couple years ago, this guy is a big donor, that's all I'll say. Regardless of that, I think the coat was for Levingston, he was from San Diego.

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/1982/01/12/s...probation.html

"...The N.C.A.A. disclosed that the investigation of Wichita State began in July 1980 with interviews with two former members of the basketball team who had indicated the violations. The players were not named.

Charles Alan Wright, chairman of the N.C.A.A. Committee on I nfractions, said the association found ''numerous violations relatedto receipt of commercial airlines transportation, cash, clothing and use of an aut omobile by former student athletes, as well as promises to make such benefits available to recruits.''

Wright said Wichita State's record of previous infractions contributed to the penalty. It is Wichita State's sixth public punishment.

''In light of the serious nature of these violations and the university's past involvement in N.C.A.A. infractions cases, the committee concluded that a severe penalty in this case was warranted,'' Wright said.

He said the N.C.A.A. found that ''large sums of money'' from unidentified sources outside the university were used to pay the student athletes....

The basketball coach, Gene Smithson, has contended that the allegations stemmed from former players who were disgruntled with having been dropped from the team and were attempting to retaliate."

Comment

Working...
                                X