FBI Corruption Probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
    Does anyone have an opinion on any players around the NCAA will be held out of games based on yesterday's revelation?
    Everyone plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
      I feel sorry for WSU fans who remain confident WSU is any better or worse than the competitive environment.

The whole system is based on an underground market that begins well before players arrive to college.
      I feel sorry for the “fans” who can’t seem to keep the facts straight about the different aspects of this FBI investigation. To me this post indicates that you think that Gregg Marshall has been lying about staying out of it?

It is still very reasonable to hold belief that Wichita State was not involved in this. I think an agent got to Fred directly and that Fred made a mistake in taking money. Call me biased, but to me this is the most likely scenario.

Why would a WSU fan choose to believe that Gregg Marshall has been lying while being so outspoken against using money to lure players to a University? He has gone out of his way in multiple interviews to speak about this at length.

Comment

• I'm not sure exactly what proshox is saying. However, from what Gregg said about staying out of the "slop", he also wants to stay within the rules when recruiting players. To that, I say Thanks Gregg.

Comment

I feel sorry for WSU fans who remain confident WSU is any better or worse than the competitive environment.

The whole system is based on an underground market that begins well before players arrive to college.
          Really? I suppose you have facts to support this? We can all throw sh!t on the wall and see what sticks at this point dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            Somebody correct me if I'm wrong since it's been almost 40 years but I don't remember the Kansas University allegations repeated by the KC Star against the Carr family actually showing up in the NCAA list of infractions that resulted in probation.

As far as Fred goes, while I don't like being part of the story, I'm reserving my final judgement until the full story comes out and all parties have had their say. That may be awhile.
            I'm old enough to remember and I thought I'd add a bit of clarification to your original post.

The NCAA thoroughly investigated this matter and concluded there were no infractions of their rules. That was back in the day when the NCAA was located in KC and staffed almost exclusively by KU alumni. Anyone still repeating that story today has been drinking the KU kool-aid for 40 years and still believes the KU version instead of the WSU version and the NCAA's version.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Please don’t feel sorry for us. Rather reflect on your own cynicism, because you are not pro-shox.

If Fred did what it appears, he did not involve anyone with WSU or its boosters and therefore shielding the program from any direct participation. NOT RIGHT, but making it solely on him.

Comment

• Game Day really coming down on Sean Miller being involved in breaking the rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Game Day really coming down on Sean Miller being involved in breaking the rules.
                  Dude still receives 80% of his contract through 2022 for termination for probably cause. That's 10M. Talk about favorable terms.

Comment

• Wooglin
                    Wooglin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He will need every penny of it to defend himself in court.

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I'm old enough to remember and I thought I'd add a bit of clarification to your original post.

The NCAA thoroughly investigated this matter and concluded there were no infractions of their rules. That was back in the day when the NCAA was located in KC and staffed almost exclusively by KU alumni. Anyone still repeating that story today has been drinking the KU kool-aid for 40 years and still believes the KU version instead of the WSU version and the NCAA's version.
                  Didn’t one of the infractions that stuck come down to giving a recruit a coat on a visit in the dead of winter?

So, go to the KU/OU game Monday at the 4:47 mark of the 1st half and listen to the conversation between Dukie V and the Play by play guy about
                  KU giving da Silva a coat on a recruiting visit in December.

Longtime Shocker fans may be stunned.

Comment

• So is Sean Miller going to prison?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Dude still receives 80% of his contract through 2022 for termination for probably cause. That's 10M. Talk about favorable terms.
                      There almost has to be a misconduct clause that would allow them to avoid that. Separately from other "cause," I would assume. If not, Arizona gets what it deserves.

Comment

• There are schools that were paying players to come play and there were agents that were paying college draft prospects to sign with them. Totally different situations. I personally feel fine about where WSU stands at this point in time.

Comment

• With a list of this length facing the NCAA's investigation guys, it's likely to be some time before they even get around to considering Fred.

When the NCAA gets around to having no choice but to investigate and they wonder where to start, Sean Miller is waving his hand in the air and yelling, "Pick me, pick me". The NCAA isn't going to go after one of the better P5's and penalize them for a phone call. They will have to be able to verify, in some way, that money changed hands and Miller was involved. That's going to take some time.

$3,000 to a Sr around semester break should not be one of the NCAA's higher priorities.

I don't think the NCAA is going to do anything even as minor as vacating wins based on the allegations of someone engaged in criminal activity.

I'm not suggesting this (or anything like it) happened but run your head past this scenario.

FVV: I bought a couple of airline tickets that got refunded. I didn't know why they got refunded. I thought the airline made a mistake.

or this one

FVV: I have no idea what this idiot is talking about, I never got one thin dime from this d-bag.

With the speed the NCAA has been showing in investigations lately, and the level of the schools they're going to have to investigate, it could be quite a while until they get to the lower end of the priority list in this mess.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Hopefully, if nothing else, we can pause this thread during the actual game today.

Comment

• Game day is on point. Student missed all half court attempts and wins $1800 as a consolation prize.

Gameday- “$1800 and that won’t get you investigated by anybody.”

nice
                              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Working...
                              X