FBI Corruption Probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

At this point ... What's the harm in playing players ? If they took money before the season their whole season is gone anyways. Right now everything is being based off spreadsheet. (Minus the wiretap which showed intent on Miller's part). No proof of any actual money changing hands. Worst case for these schools is they vacate a couple extra games
    If the NCAA has enough evidence to determine there are actual wiretaps of the convo, then not only should the player be done, but the entire program. All it does is penalize the teams they are playing against with their cheating advantages. Not only should Miller be done, but so should the Arizona program. Now.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Pretty well sums up how I feel—- surprised, disappointed, and questioning whether FVV info is accurate.

Simply doesn’t make sense. High risk decision with such a minimal reward.
      Agreed.
      Last edited by Shockers5150; February 24, 2018, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• I am an advocate of due process. I will reserve any judgement until all of the facts are known in this case. Fred always did things the right way while in the program. I will give him the respect and benefit of the doubt until PROVEN otherwise.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

If the NCAA has enough evidence to determine there are actual wiretaps of the convo, then not only should the player be done, but the entire program. All it does is penalize the teams they are playing against with their cheating advantages. Not only should Miller be done, but so should the Arizona program. Now.
          I agree. IF they have proof. As of right now, they have proof that Miller conspired to pay a player. They do not have proof (that has been publicly released) that it happened. So my point is, as far as Ayton, why wouldn't Arizona play him ? If he did take money, the season is gone anyways because he would have done it before the season. So why not leave him in and try to win in case it either didn't end up happening or there is no proof.

I agree though. Punishments for attempting to pay players should be big.

Comment

• If everything is true, we still don't know whether the agent contacted Fred first or his stepdad. Or maybe they were contacted together. I know that Fred's stepdad is supposed to be a strong disciplinarian, so you would think he wouldn't have accepted this. Either way, they had to make the decision on whether to accept the money and disregard what the long term effects would be. Sometimes money can affect the way people think and how they rationalize things.

Comment

• Is there an actual date shown when the loans were supposed to have occurred? Were the loans provided after the end of the basketball season, during? Hopefully, it was after the end of the season and FVV had exhausted his eligibility but was still enrolled in school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                Is there an actual date shown when the loans were supposed to have occurred? Were the loans provided after the end of the basketball season, during? Hopefully, it was after the end of the season and FVV had exhausted his eligibility but was still enrolled in school.
                for it to appear on a Balance Sheet on 12-31-2015, it had to be before that date
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Regarding legal exposure by any of the players named, see below for a link the athletic financial aid agreement. There appear to be clauses about "misrepresenting" information on the application, and maintaining eligibility under the NCAA guidelines. If you do receive additional monies, it appears you need to notify the financial aid office. Since the university is federally subsidized, if you "misrepresent" or do not notify the financial aid office, is it possible you are committing fraud? And since the school is federally subsidized, the FBI is interested in said fraud?

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...nAidForm_0.pdf

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Only if the Russians are involved, matt. Did Christopher Steele touch on this at all? He seemed to range pretty far afield.

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, but Steele's only role was that of a "certified" bag-man.

Everyone with half a brain knows it was HillaryInc. who authored that dossier.
                    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 25, 2018, 07:21 AM.

• If a program pays an agent or handler or other unsavory sort to ensure that he steers a player to that program, but the player himself doesn’t receive the money, is the player ineligible? Or is it just the program that’s in trouble? I wonder if the reason Miller is out but Ayton isn’t (for now) is that there’s only evidence on the tape of money going to the handler.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCShockerFan05 View Post
                    If a program pays an agent or handler or other unsavory sort to ensure that he steers a player to that program, but the player himself doesn’t receive the money, is the player ineligible? Or is it just the program that’s in trouble? I wonder if the reason Miller is out but Ayton isn’t (for now) is that there’s only evidence on the tape of money going to the handler.
                    Offering a kid money is illegal. Being offered money is not.

Comment

• DCShockerFan05
                      DCShockerFan05 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Right but I mean what if the money isn’t being offered to the kid, only to the handler? Like if the handler says “Coach, he’ll go wherever I say. Pay me and I’ll steer him your way.” And the kid never sees a dime. What happens in that scenario?

• Rlh04d
                      Rlh04d commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There's a decent chance DC is right here.

There is apparently proof that Miller cheated. There is a reasonable explanation that would involve Ayton not actually receiving the money. Probably not as likely, but still reasonable.

• According to the Michigan St message board Miles Bridges has already been cleared of wrong doing by the NCAA. If true, I have never heard of the NCAA conducting an investigation and ruling so fast. I would love for the FBI to wire tap them.........
                    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
                      According to the Michigan St message board Miles Bridges has already been cleared of wrong doing by the NCAA. If true, I have never heard of the NCAA conducting an investigation and ruling so fast. I would love for the FBI to wire tap them.........
                      Hmm, given all the recent happenings at Michigan State, why would they be investigated so quickly and given the benefit of the doubt?

The NCAA is so f****** corrupt.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Hmm, given all the recent happenings at Michigan State, why would they be investigated so quickly and given the benefit of the doubt?

The NCAA is so f****** corrupt.
                        This is embarrassing for NCAA as they sit in the corner with dunce cap on as Feds do their job. They look so utterly inept.

Comment

• I wouldn’t take everything you read on a fan message board as gospel truth.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Had the ncaa even figured out who owned the car Billy Preston was driving. I don't think they have cleared anyone of anything. That being said it wouldn't surprise me either. After typing this and reading it one thought...How screwed up is the ncaa if I am actually thinking this.

Comment

Working...
                            X