WSU at Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
    What did 3g have to say about this tonight?
    I'd look at Eldridge's twitter.

Comment

• If this game was played in Memphis, Reaves takes that shot. If this game was played in Wichita, Frankamp takes that shot. If this game was played in Houston, Zach Brown takes that shot.

Since it was in Philly, the last shot was drawn up for MM.

I know Marshall likes making these things special and it would've been cool for MM to drop the dagger a few miles from home, but it wasn't the best option.

But alas, we're 0 for 20 in the Marshall era at last-second plays being executed.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• shock
        shock commented
        Editing a comment
        I think there were 2 that were won by a freshman Toure at the buzzer. But he was a much tougher player than anyone in uniform right now.

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
      Guys, we've been exposed as a lumbering, clumsy, non-athletic bunch. Face it, WSU does not have the same athletes that everyone in the AAC has. Just look at today's game. Someone else mentioned that Temple has four guys that can make their own shot. Wichita has zero. None. Shamet has pulled a Rick Ankiel and forgotten how to play the game. Frankamp has just disappeared. The only guy I trust to shoot, Reaves, is too slow to make his own shot. This team MUST improve athletically...but that isn't getting fixed this year. Time to get back to defense and rebounding. 3G needs to create an offense that works. They are getting owned by the AAC because the offense is stagnant.
      I hate to break it to you but WSU has the top rated offense in the AAC. Its not the offense. Its the defense.

Comment

• Marshall doesn't know how to coach this level . Point all you want at performance but this 100% on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox33 View Post
          This team is going the wrong direction. At this point, Coach Marshall and his staff (presently not impressed by the supporting group at this moment) are definitely the ones to be held accountable . . . because this team presently is weak, mentally and physically!!! No fight, no execution, no energy, no grit, no killer instinct!!! Perhaps it is time for AC to talk to the team and be put on staff!!!

And could someone please convince Marshall that it is quite alright to utilize your timeouts as a strategic break to minimize damage, chew out your players, make substitutions, etc., etc., etc.

Can we please defend the 3-point line just once this year . . . outside the 3-point line . . . not 2-4 feet inside the line worrying about being beat on the dribble-drive? Since no one can seem to guard head-up/one-on-one anyways, you might as well give up the 2 on a drive instead of a softly contested 3 pointer!!!! Earlier in the season, ZB asked the group if they wanted to go down as the worst defensive team in the Marshall era . . . well?
          It's obvious really, how about we get Baker and VanVleet in here to show them how Shocker basketball is really played!

Comment

• 3 more expected losses this season? 2 at mininum.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
              There’s a lot of games left. Not sure if you remember or not, but we were given a 9 seed after an 8 loss season in the valley in 2012-13 before reaching the final four... we won’t be given a 10 seed, and we still have a very good team. Are we slumping? Yes. Is our season over? Not even close.
              You're assuming they beat Cincy at least once. I don't think this team is up to the task. I simply think they are too out-classed athletically to make a push. I see at least three more losses coming...probably two to Cincinnati. This team is in trouble.

Comment

• Dandy.......just not quite as good as Memphis. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  A MM 3?

This team is in trouble. Should have been a double-digit win.

Embarrassing.
                  Two weeks ago you slandered that notion. Many of us have called this for awhile. That ranking was fools gold. Best thing that can happen is we drop out of the top 25 and start getting talked about as a bubble team before its to late. This group hasn't proven they can beat anyone decent when they are hunted. They need to be the hunter.

And Marshall needs to earn his salary. We don't even know our roles!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                    Guys, we've been exposed as a lumbering, clumsy, non-athletic bunch. Face it, WSU does not have the same athletes that everyone in the AAC has. Just look at today's game. Someone else mentioned that Temple has four guys that can make their own shot. Wichita has zero. None. Shamet has pulled a Rick Ankiel and forgotten how to play the game. Frankamp has just disappeared. The only guy I trust to shoot, Reaves, is too slow to make his own shot. This team MUST improve athletically...but that isn't getting fixed this year. Time to get back to defense and rebounding. 3G needs to create an offense that works. They are getting owned by the AAC because the offense is stagnant.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• We are playing basketball like it is 2010. Gotta stop playing two big men together and play smaller. We have the personnel to switch screens and stretch the floor with shooting but we insist on playing two 5 men long stretches.

Comment

• proshox
                        proshox commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Af’ingmen

• Wow just wow. We've shrunken away from the potential. Sad, just sad.
                      When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

If this game was played in Memphis, Reaves takes that shot. If this game was played in Wichita, Frankamp takes that shot. If this game was played in Houston, Zach Brown takes that shot.

I know Marshall likes making these things special and it would've been cool for MM to drop the dagger a few miles from home, but it wasn't the best option.

But alas, we're 0 for 20 in the Marshall era at last-second plays being executed.
                        I agree. I'm never confident we'll make a last second play. I'm confident we won't, unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post

I hate to break it to you but WSU has the top rated offense in the AAC. Its not the offense. Its the defense.
                          It's not the offense? So, they scored fewer than 30 points in the second half. How is that NOT the offense? The entire thing stinks to high heaven right now.

Comment

If this game was played in Memphis, Reaves takes that shot. If this game was played in Wichita, Frankamp takes that shot. If this game was played in Houston, Zach Brown takes that shot.

Watching it back I think that the last play was supposed to be to shaq and he simply kicked it out. That however is not the reason we lost

Comment

Working...
                            X