WSU at Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

No... the difference in the game was not getting the rebound off the miss, laying 3 after 3 up in the 2nd half, having ZB shoot a 3 pointer at the end of regulation in a tie game, and pretty much playing like pansies after halftime.

One call is literally not the difference.
    Everything is true except for the ZB shot at regulation.

That was a great shot and the best option at the time.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• proshox
      proshox commented
      Editing a comment
      Bullshit. We had timeouts. We had options to adjust. I am not mad at the shot once the play was allowed to run. It shouldn’t have been allowed to run.

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe you live with Austin just going to rack, and I'm okay with that. But this is big boy basketball and Reaves got him a PERFECT look at a wide open 19 foot 9 inch shot. You live with that result everyday.

• This game turned on all the stupid passes, rebounds going out of bounds off our hands, and poor shot selection.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
      Are we just going to let Cincinnati march to the championship?
      At this point, it is Cincy's to lose. Our Shocks have almost given it to them gift wrapped.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• That was a poor excuse for effort. Will be interesting to see how HCGM spins it in the post game interview.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

yes

Comment

• It’s okay. We’ll play more mentally tough later this season. We just got some bad breaks. It’s the first year in the ACC. We should expect losses. We’re a much better team than we are showing. The NCAA committee will be forgiving. They like us. We’ll get there. And yes, this is dripping in sarcasm.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Should we?

Temple has 5 players on the floor that are capable of making and creating their own shot. Depending on the line-up WSU has 2 players on the floor that can do that.

We used to beast teams in the MVC.....we're not doing that in the AAC and our coaching staff has not adjusted.
              Yes, we should be better than this. I think you are mixing up "are we better than this" with "should we be better than this".

I agree that our staff is doing a poor job. Our offense in the second half and OT was the definition of insanity - trying the same thing over, and over, and over again while hoping for a different result.

Comment

• The game took a turn for the bad in the 2nd half when Shaq was subbed out when committing only his 2nd foul. The Owls also made a nice run of around 16-2 later . We had some plays at the end of the 2nd half where we forced 2 different shots while not using one of the 4 timeouts to get a planned play? This loss cuts deep with Cin. now with a 3 game lead as the Shocks led most of the game, only to lose in overtime. Ouch!!!!!!!
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Brace yourselves...overreactions are coming.

Comment

• Let’s guess, Marshall will say they outcoached us, we were one play away...blah blah blah.

Comment

It's over. Who's gonna beat em?

Comment

• I said it before and I will say it again - three guard line up with Connor at two guard and AR at the SF.
                        What is MM giving us ? ZB gave up tying basket in regulation. Connor plays and we win - simple as that !

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Everything is true except for the ZB shot at regulation.

That was a great shot and the best option at the time.
                          Like AndShock said, I'd rather Reaves take a guarded 40 footer.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Get real-time COLLEGEBASKETBALL basketball coverage and scores as Wichita State Shockers takes on Temple Owls. We bring you the latest game previews, live stats, and recaps on CBSSports.com

Shamet 6 TO's. Reaves and Shaq both 36 minutes, prolly 2 career highs

Comment

• At least Semaje had some nice minutes.

Comment

• Shockersarelife
                                Shockersarelife commented
                                Editing a comment
                                His best moments were late in the second half and in ot
                            Working...
                            X