No announcement yet.

WSU at Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• every season is a process.....this one is no different....Shox will prevail....just wait for it.....
    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
    - said no one ever...

Comment

• Not to be to terribly negative or hyperbolic, but....

The change from last year to this year is almost non-existent roster-wise.

So we’re left with the obvious variable: coaching staff. As of right now in the AC ranks we have a motivational speaker masquerading as a CBB coach, a former high school PE teacher/coach, and a guy that for whatever reason hasn’t gotten much love for a step up in career in spite of being hitched-up to the Gregg Marshall media darling train for the past several years. That’s a HUGE let-down, net, from what we’re used to seeing in a support staff.

Add in a head coach that - despite his obvious significant individual coaching talent - desperately needs a base AC to buffer his acid HC self, and you have this.

I wish it weren’t the case, but it sure looks like this season will be a let-down relative to the pre-season hype. When you have enough individual data points at some point you have to have a come-to-Jesus with the trend line staring you in the face.

Sunshine pumpers feel free to skewer me now.

Comment

• 12eagle
        12eagle commented
        Editing a comment
        That coach is coaching at New Mexico State this year

• Shox33
        Shox33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Let's face it . . . you can't turnover 3 members of your AC staff over the last several years, with 2 of those accepting HC positions (and succeeding), without the possibility a decline may occur! It's obvious this AC staff is presently not getting the same results with the same group of players! Right now, this staff doesn't appear to be as talented or effective in numerous areas . . . and aren't stepping up to the challenge like their predecessors to put this team in a position to excel and be the ultra competitive team we've grown to expect and support.

• IndianaShocker
        IndianaShocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't tell Nick Saban that. I know its a high standard, but I put the blame on HCGM not the AC's. He made the hires. Apparently he favored those who can author text message love letters over x & o guys who live to break down film and gameplan the s**t of opponents. 3G is the CEO. Hire people who fill holes not create them.

• Hey at least we took a pic at the Rocky statue

Comment

• How could a 17-5 season, to this point, be so disappointing? It’s because of the unfocused play and poor execution...over and over and over and over and over. Again we have NO quality wins. I feel as if we were overhyped (considerably), completely over-ranked, and not ready for prime time. But, if it wasn’t going to be this season to begin to shine, when would it be. SO disappointing. I’ll always be a Shocker fan and will always support my team. But, I want to see excellence...and against good opponents. Where is it?

Comment

• So, to save the season, do they have to run the table? I think they could be playing themselves out of the dance. I know reaction is to laugh at that and call me a moron, but if this play keeps up...how many more could they lose?

Comment

• If only we had some timeouts left...oh wait

Comment

• Shox33
              Shox33 commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly!!!! Did one of the Shocker fans in the crowd behind the bench request the timeout or stand up behind Marshall and signal thereby confusing the players on the floor to call it?

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
            every season is a process.....this one is no different....Shox will prevail....just wait for it.....
            What is your definition of “prevail”? Just make the dance (there are beginning to be doubts that will happen)? Win the conference (doubtful)? Make the Final Four? Ahem...not with how we’ve been playing. Just what is going to turn the team around. This is not a “few game” slump. This is a season long problem that has not been fixed.

Comment

• proshox
              proshox commented
              Editing a comment
              Play small ball.

• Paul Suellentrop@PaulSuellentrop 23m23 minutes ago More

9 second-half turnovers, 1-for-10 three-point shooting doomed the Shockers.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              A fairly succinct description, although it was actually even worse counting the OT. They were 1-13 after halftime from behind the arc.

• And wasn’t there a guy who called in the other night in the pre-game show and said that the fans have been too negative? What have we had to be positive about over the last few weeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Paul Suellentrop@PaulSuellentrop 23m23 minutes ago More

9 second-half turnovers, 1-for-10 three-point shooting doomed the Shockers.
              The turnovers are just ridiculous decisions. I truly do not understand this team, but all around they look terrible.

Comment

• Time to start Reaves and move shamet to 2. Reaves is the best player right now. Ride the hot hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                So, to save the season, do they have to run the table?
                No, they do not have to finish 15-3 in league play to save the season, if by that you mean make the dance. If you mean instead do they need to run the table to fall in line with preseason expectations, more or less, then the answer would be yes. With Cincy x2 left on the schedule I don't think we are very likely to reel off 8 in a row.

Comment

• 1. We arent losing because of our personnel. We are losing because we arent doing the little things well. Like taking care of the ball.

2. I would still rather be playing like this now, plenty of time to get our **** together and get it going in March.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Eric
                    Eric commented
                    Editing a comment
                    With March under 4 weeks away, we might want to get on that before too long.

• ShockerPrez
                    ShockerPrez commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agree, but 4 weeks is plenty

• It might be time to just lower expectations a bit (a lot?) And enjoy the ride, because expecting this team to perform as we thought they would isn't happening right now.

Comment

• Cincy will make us their pet b***h, unless some drastic changes take place.

Winning the conference at this point isn’t a rational thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X