WSU at Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    1. We arent losing because of our personnel. We are losing because we arent doing the little things well. Like taking care of the ball.

2. I would still rather be playing like this now, plenty of time to get our **** together and get it going in March.
    Agreed...but, if they don’t get this straightened out, they won’t be playing in March (except for the conference tournament—-and may not get a favorable seed in that one).

Comment

• These callers on the locker room show are worse than Marshall's timeout usage.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
        It might be time to just lower expectations a bit (a lot?) And enjoy the ride, because expecting this team to perform as we thought they would isn't happening right now.
        I’m not sure anyone can really “enjoy” this ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

It's not the offense? So, they scored fewer than 30 points in the second half. How is that NOT the offense? The entire thing stinks to high heaven right now.
          Obviously the offense sucked in the 2nd half. I'm just saying you can't blame the offense for their problems this year. When you have the #1 offense in the league, you can't say we're losing these games because our offense is bad. Tonight, the offense WAS bad in the second half. Too many missed open looks and WAY too many turnovers. But saying we can't compete in this league because we don't have enough athleticism to play offense is ludicrous.

Comment

• Hey, Marshall just called timeout! 44 minutes after the game was over.

Comment

• Shamet is not NBA ready and would be a fool to enter the draft this year. Hopefully, he and McDuffie have taken their classes seriously this semester and not decide to 'pack it in' in anticipation of going to the draft because they'll be back next season.

Comment

• “We aren’t able to compete because we have MVC players and need a few years to recruit to the AAC.”

Who am I?

(cue ticking clock in the background)

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Cincy will make us their pet b***h, unless some drastic changes take place.
                This might be the first time since our 15-15 season in year 2 of HCGM where we'll play an opponent that will almost certainly be tougher than us - it feels like we'll have to suburban horse them in order to win because this group has a glass jaw.

It's a strange feeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

He's not. It's just justification for Marshall continually giving him minutes because he's loyal to hard-working seniors.
                  This is horses*** if true. I too am over the Zach Brown experiment. He's a scholarship player for a high level D1 basketball team. His job his to work hard. Busting your a** is the minimum standard for being on scholarship. Busting your a** should not be rewarded with playing time if you can't play.

I don't know if ZB is hurt or just a mental wreck, but something has to give. He gets lit up defensively and offensively his skill set is terrible. He was + 3 & D guy last year and a solid role player before that, but he looks heavier and slower now and doesn't have the same bounce.

if he's injured let him heal up. If it's mental get him a shrink. In the meantime let's try something else.

Comment

• Where's CBB at?

He should have a field day with this.

And sadly, I'm probably gonna end up hitting the like button on his posts.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post

This might be the first time since our 15-15 season in year 2 of HCGM where we'll play an opponent that will almost certainly be tougher than us - it feels like we'll have to suburban horse them in order to win because this group has a glass jaw.

It's a strange feeling.
                    I think we’ve played a few games this year where teams have been “tougher” than us...physically and MENTALLY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

Agreed...but, if they don’t get this straightened out, they won’t be playing in March (except for the conference tournament—-and may not get a favorable seed in that one).
                      I'm assuming they will get it straightened out...

They just need to learn that they don't have to make the spectacular play when the average play is just as good.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

I think we’ve played a few games this year where teams have been “tougher” than us...physically and MENTALLY.
                        No doubt. I should have stated it differently - this will be the first time since that season when we'll play an opponent that is expected to be tougher than us.

The prior occurrences (and the occasional anomaly during past years) came as a surprise. This time we'll see it coming from a mile away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                          Shamet is not NBA ready and would be a fool to enter the draft this year. Hopefully, he and McDuffie have taken their classes seriously this semester and not decide to 'pack it in' in anticipation of going to the draft because they'll be back next season.
                          They would do well to play a year with Lomax dishing them the rock!
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I’m at the point where I believe Austin is playing better defense than ZB. His defense has been pretty damn good the last 3 weeks, and his offense is great recently. I hate to post a positive thought at this point.

Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                            X