• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndShock
    Originally posted by newshock1234
    Originally posted by newshock1234
    I've already heard enough about the officiating, it wasn't that bad and they by no means cost WSU the game. "
    Did you not see the last play of the game
    Did you not see the 39 minutes and 57 seconds before it?
    yea and the refs were horrible all game long, i recall alot of bad calls
    I'm sure your "homerism" is not getting in the way of you judging what were good calls and what were bad calls. I'm sure there's a reason these refs are reffing college ball games, and it's not because they're out to get WSU.

You don't go 4-27 from 3-point land and 66% from the FT Line and win games. It's as simple as that.
    Yes!!! Another "HOMER" outburst. Thank you!

As I have said since Day 1, Mekel has a long way to go. His shot selection, even on made shots, is questionable at best. Who does he think he is taking those last second prayers? His defense is worse than anything, though. They try to hide it with a zone, but they can't. It's pretty sad. If anyone can explain Gal's effort on the defensive end, please explain it. As much as I can't take his offense, his defense is so much worse. He is too talented to be playing like this and costing us games.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
      Originally posted by shockerfanmas
      newshock, first of all, I saw the replay of that last play several times on the news, definitely NOT a foul, at least not from what I saw. If anything, Gal just lost control of the ball out of bounds, or I guess it was probably knocked out of his hands. Either way, the hand is part of the ball, so no foul, great no call.
      Matt had the best angle of anyone on the floor and he was irate at the no-call.
      Maybe because he knew it cost them the game. Of course you are gonna plead your case!!

Comment

he knew what cost them the game? the last turnover that wasn't a foul? or the 4-29 shooting? either way, it wasn't the officiating, not even close

Comment

he knew what cost them the game? the last turnover that wasn't a foul? or the 4-29 shooting? either way, it wasn't the officiating, not even close
          keep telling urself that
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The turnover you idiot. He was POed and all he could do was yell at the ref. There was no foul, but that was his last resort, smarty.

Comment

It might be time to start thinking about bringing Coach Turgeon back.

He would have never let that clanging 3 ball exhibition go on.

I'm starting to have my doubts about Coach Marshall. Maybe the WSU job is too big for him.

(I'm just kidding!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                It might be time to start thinking about bringing Coach Turgeon back.

He would have never let that clanging 3 ball exhibition go on.

I'm starting to have my doubts about Coach Marshall. Maybe the WSU is too big for him.

(I'm just kidding!!!!)
                at first glance i was gonna smack you....!
                veni, vidi, vici

Comment

I figured not having Matt in the game in the first half after 2 fouls, was huge. He kinda got jobbed, I thought on his first foul in the lane, then was upset and frustrated, went back on D and bodied the guy for a quick #2. You need to be more mature than that. Gal will never be a point guard, I'm afraid. Everyone questioning why we were recruiting so many guards, should have no questions now.

Comment

I did not see the last play, but it was pretty obvious from his comments that HCGM thought their was a foul, at least based on his real time view of the play.

However, the Shocks have no one but themselves to blame for putting themselves in a position for the game to turn one way or the other on an officiating call or no-call.

If you had told me that we would hold Griffin to 8 points and UTA to 60 I would have almost guaranteed a victory.

On the other hand, if you had told me the Shocks would shoot 4-29 on treys and 11-18 from the line I would have expected the Shocks to have been blown out.

This is one we probably should have won and normally would have won.

Hopefully, this kind of shooting proves to be an infrequent aberration.

:(

Comment

tolduso, that ain't necessary at all. I was just making sure you were referring to the turnover and not a no-call. Yea, if I was Matt, I guess I probably would have pleaded for a foul too, in that case you have to. But still the bottom line comes back to the three point shooting. 4-29 is ridiculous. Middle school teams have shot better than that. As I said, I hope it was just a bad shooting night and not a trend for the rest of the season.

Comment

So why do people always have the same old argument over whether it was the refs or the team play that cost the Shocks the victory? Either/or, either/or, either or . . . Just say that BOTH were contributing factors and move on to another topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Rocker
                          So why do people always have the same old argument over whether it was the refs or the team play that cost the Shocks the victory? Either/or, either/or, either or . . . Just say that BOTH were contributing factors and move on to another topic.
                          But both were not factors. Poor shooting and poor execution down the stretch were the only factors.

Comment

shocker rocker, because it's so much easier for me to blame the officiating for a loss than it is to put the blame where it really belongs. As a coach, I have never, ever blamed the officiating for a loss, because I know that officials don't decide games. Now, if I ever have a team that makes every shot, doesn't turn the ball over, and plays perfect defense, and we still lose, then I'll have no choice but to blame the officials.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Rocker
                              Rocker, that would be too logical.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by tolduso
                                As I have said since Day 1, Mekel has a long way to go. His shot selection, even on made shots, is questionable at best. Who does he think he is taking those last second prayers? His defense is worse than anything, though. They try to hide it with a zone, but they can't. It's pretty sad. If anyone can explain Gal's effort on the defensive end, please explain it. As much as I can't take his offense, his defense is so much worse. He is too talented to be playing like this and costing us games.
                                Gal didn't cost the shockers the game. It was pretty much a team loss.

You can go down the box score and and point out for each player the things they did wrong that "cost WSU" the game. And there was some defensives lapses by PJ and Matt B that Texas-Arl took advantage off.

Comment

Working...
                                X