• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newshock1234
    Originally posted by AndShock
    Originally posted by AndShock
    I've already heard enough about the officiating, it wasn't that bad and they by no means cost WSU the game. "
    Did you not see the last play of the game
    Did you not see the 39 minutes and 57 seconds before it?
    yea and the refs were horrible all game long, i recall alot of bad calls
    I'm sure your "homerism" is not getting in the way of you judging what were good calls and what were bad calls. I'm sure there's a reason these refs are reffing college ball games, and it's not because they're out to get WSU.

You don't go 4-27 from 3-point land and 66% from the FT Line and win games. It's as simple as that.

Comment

OBSERVATIONS

this was my first game of the season.

i thought the crowd was quite good.
      much better/louder than the two games I went to last year.
      it would have been nice to have every seat full though.

we were unlucky with the threes.

i personally thought that UTA's D was horrid. i don't see how anyone could argue with that statement either. we could shot a WIDE open 3 any time we wanted. anytime. if we would'a knocked down an average # of 3's then we would have murdered this team.

UTA's 3's in the first half were really tough shots.

#1 on their team made one two pointer that was counted as a three. i was only semi upset, I told myself, "as long as we don't lose by one... this won't matter"

guess what... we freakin lost by one...
      i much would have rather lost be two....

this probably happens alot so i'm gonna try to forgive the refs and try to just blame bad luck on the loss.

i don't think the refs were horrible. they seemed fine for the most part.

i hate to bring it up again BUT now that i've seen it in person.... Gal's D isn't very good at all...

i wish JT could have had more oppurtunities in the second half to score.

at one point JT fouled mcgriffin while trying to steal a deffensive reboud that mcgriffin had just brought down. i was abuot to be disappointed in JT for the dumb foul... but then i thought. maybe he knows something i dont... maybe he know that this dude sucks at the line. turns out he did. 50% on the year. he missed the front end of a 1 and 1. i'm not sure if JT fouled him purpose on not... but it was a good play.

i wish Phil could'a had more minutes..

too bad Mantas didn't break out. i feel bad for the kid.

PJ was sweet.
      clemente is tough. i liked watching him play.

i thouhgt we played very good defense.

i think the team we played tonight wasn't very good at all. really. we are better then them... which sounds silly to say since we just lost to them at home... but i'm embarassed by this loss. i blame misfortune.

i'm glad i could vent my feelings.

coach marshall is the man.
      veni, vidi, vici

Comment

The ref's didn't make us miss so many shots. This was NOT on the ref's. Did they miss calls? Yes, but they did it on both sides anyway. Regardless of refs we should not have lost and this loss falls squarely on the team's shoulders.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

a game everyone expected to be a blow-out...
          Ben Arnet; I know you are a Mizzou guy, but if you're going to report from Koch, do your homework.

KAKE sports, we're number #2!
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
            a game everyone expected to be a blow-out...
            Ben Arnet, I know you are a Mizzou guy, but if you're going to report from Koch, do your homework.

KAKE sports, we're number #2!
            I rank them #4 behind the Fox at 9:00 sports blip.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Refs were OK, not great by any means, but they didn't cost us the game. They could have given us a goal tend, but they could have easily gotten Gal for at least one carry near the end of the game.

They'd keyed on Matt defensively, not allowing him anything, not even decent look at the basket until late.

If the Shocks make 3 or 4 of those 3s were not having a lot of this discussion. If the Shocks make 30% of them as a team, we blow them out - no questions asked (and they were wide open 3 balls in some cases.) Shocks will not shoot like this all season and will finish above .500 for the doomsayers. I loved Durley's play, especially in the 1st half. He plays with an unusual amount of patience on offense, and I can see that he could very well end up being one of the next Shocker greats once his confidence catches up with his skill set. Having a true post player and another point guard and a decent 2 guard (hopefully all next season) won't hurt a bit, either.

Agreed on PJs free throws. He has always shot them that way. Walk up, one bounce, and shoot. I honestly think he'd make a lot more if he'd look once or twice at the basket before he shoots. Not to knock PJ or anyone else, but if you put me on the free throw line and let me shoot a couple to get warmed up, I could shoot better than 50% from the FT line with a blindfold on. Any decent shooter could.

UTA deserves to celebrate. They won, we didn't, the students gave them crap, the players gave crap back. Not my style personally, but what are you going to do. I can picture the scouting report on the Shocks now as it goes something like this: If you've got someone who can hit it, the 24 and 25 foot shots will be open all night, especially at the top of the key. 8)

We'll get them next time. :goshocks:

Comment

I thought the crowd was a lot better tonight. Still too many empty seats, but the best this year in terms of volume and standing.

At the end I was surprised we were still in position to win considering how bad the team shot.
                Gal should have been shooting free throws to win it.

It always sucks to lose, but better to lose early.

Comment

newshock, first of all, I saw the replay of that last play several times on the news, definitely NOT a foul, at least not from what I saw. If anything, Gal just lost control of the ball out of bounds, or I guess it was probably knocked out of his hands. Either way, the hand is part of the ball, so no foul, great no call.

Secondly, if I was UTA and I just came into a guarantee payoff game and knocked off WSU, I would be celebrating like crazy too. No problems there.

Bottom line, you can't shoot 4-29 from three point range and expect to win. Not very many teams are going to win with that kind of shooting percentage. Can't blame this loss on anything but the Shockers themselves

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
                    newshock, first of all, I saw the replay of that last play several times on the news, definitely NOT a foul, at least not from what I saw. If anything, Gal just lost control of the ball out of bounds, or I guess it was probably knocked out of his hands. Either way, the hand is part of the ball, so no foul, great no call.

Secondly, if I was UTA and I just came into a guarantee payoff game and knocked off WSU, I would be celebrating like crazy too. No problems there.

Bottom line, you can't shoot 4-29 from three point range and expect to win. Not very many teams are going to win with that kind of shooting percentage. Can't blame this loss on anything but the Shockers themselves
                    Agreed about the shooting. No coincidence that we are 0-3 when:

Shooting under 40% overall and shooting under 30% from 3 point.

Not many teams would win shooting like that and we are no different.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

yea and the refs were horrible all game long, i recall alot of bad calls
                      There weren't enough calls made the whole game to be "alot of bad calls." I really liked how the game was called. You can't dribble into the paint hoping to get bailed out by a foul. You have to really get jammed for the refs to call that foul with no time on the clock. I wouldn't have called it.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Though not likely, it is possible Marshall wasn't that concerned with this game, since a loss would get WSU a higher pick in the draft.

Comment

Matt had the best angle of anyone on the floor and he was irate at the no-call.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker
                            Agreed on PJs free throws. He has always shot them that way. Walk up, one bounce, and shoot. I honestly think he'd make a lot more if he'd look once or twice at the basket before he shoots.
                            I think PJ's free throw shooting is the most frustrating part of the night for me. He plays hard every night and I love him but did he work on free throws at all in the off season? I see zero improvement in his shot from last year. It's the same throw it up no legs shot he's always had.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                              Matt had the best angle of anyone on the floor and he was irate at the no-call.
                              Then Matt probably shouldn't watch the replay that was just shown on KWCH.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

well of course any Shocker player is gonna want a foul in that situation, they are behind. Doesn't mean there was one. I mean I've studied the replay over and over, and I honestly do not see a foul from the angles I got. Either way, even if there was one that wasnt' called, it didn't make the difference in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X