Texas Arlington Post-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newshock1234
    I was sitting in the student section, so i didnt have a good view on if Gal was fouled or not. Anybody with a good view in here. Then UTA, sure celebrated like they havent been there before, that was poor sportsmanship, when they get in the student section faces and talk crap at the end of the game.
    ... and I'm sure the students didn't talk any crap during the game.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
      I was sitting in the student section, so i didnt have a good view on if Gal was fouled or not. Anybody with a good view in here. Then UTA, sure celebrated like they havent been there before, that was poor sportsmanship, when they get in the student section faces and talk crap at the end of the game.
      im not saying that, but you should act like you been there before, it was ridicilous, they have no right to be right in our face
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Well I was really PO'd at UTA right after the game, but I've calmed down a bit. When you take $62,000 from a University and then come out with a win in front of 10,000 fans, go ahead and celebrate all you want, I know they haven't been "there" before, so why do they have to act like they have.

I've already heard enough about the officiating, it wasn't that bad and they by no means cost WSU the game. The 3-point shooting did. I'm not against taking all those 3's, even though none of those went in. Hardly any of them were contested and the odds were definitely on our side that some had to drop eventually, but they didn't.

"If one of those had dropped, it would have blown the roof off the place."

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
          im not saying that, but you should act like you been there before, it was ridicilous, they have no right to be right in our face
          If I played for UTA and won a big game on the road, it would be hard to act like I had been there before.....let'em have their fun...

:D

Beat the Shockers... It's my birthday.....

That just reminds me... if I remember correctly, it was 51 or 52 years ago tonight that WSU almost knocked off that team up north, staring the "we have everything to lose and nothing to gain by playing you" stuff.

I wonder if the Shox would have acted like they had been there if we had won that game.... not knocking anybody.... just wondering... :roll:
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

3's are fine, but I totally disagree with the philosophy of allowing all players to shoot the three. Some shocks have yet to consistently knock the 3 and therefore should not be given the green light. Run the offense before we jack a three.

Comment

game

Tough loss all the way around. WP is brutal, an absolute albatross around WU Shock's neck on offense. Why does he see any PT? Really liked Durley's aggressive style in the first half, second half seemed to think he was a 2 guard. PJ was huge. Frustrating to shoot under 20% from 3 land and 60% from the line - those stats blow and no team should win with that type of masonry.

Roller coaster season is what we should expect so don't get too high or low.

Comment

3's are fine, but I totally disagree with the philosophy of allowing all players to shoot the three. Some shocks have yet to consistently knock the 3 and therefore should not be given the green light. Run the offense before we jack a three.
                Turg, is that you?

Just Joshin' ya, I hear what you're sayin'...................I think coach is letting some of those kids that haven't made many yet take some hoping that they will get it going. Tonight, that might have cost us...In the long run, it may help us...

:bball_spin:

Comment

Originally posted by mulligan
                  Have you been listening to the Locker Room Show? If not, we'll give you a mulligan. Not "all players" are allowed to shoot the three." He specifically mentioned that Ramon doesn't have a green light. :D
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
                    Well I was really PO'd at UTA right after the game, but I've calmed down a bit. When you take $62,000 from a University and then come out with a win in front of 10,000 fans, go ahead and celebrate all you want, I know they haven't been "there" before, so why do they have to act like they have.
                    How can you people hate on UTA for a little celebration of a one point win and #8 in a row? And so what if they act like bank robbers, what do you expect them to do, give the money back if they win? Talk about sore losers. Take it like men and come back better next time.

There's no one out there that can tell me the Shocks deserved any fate other than what they got tonight. You don't make baskets, you should lose. Selfish play and BAD shooting by everyone but PJ cost this team a W.

--'85.
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Gal went into the land of the giants and no one was collapsing for the dish and he (gal) had to go it alone.

Go Shocks!!!!
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I've already heard enough about the officiating, it wasn't that bad and they by no means cost WSU the game. "
                        Did you not see the last play of the game

Comment

I've already heard enough about the officiating, it wasn't that bad and they by no means cost WSU the game. "
                          Did you not see the 39 minutes and 57 seconds before it?

Comment

Did you not see the 39 minutes and 57 seconds before it?
                            yea and the refs were horrible all game long, i recall alot of bad calls

Comment

Don't blame the refs on this one..
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I'll wear this one, I didn't wear the undefeated "New Marshall in Town" shirt. Sorry, it won't happen again.

Comment

Working...
                                X