2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Northern Iowa, the new kings of the Valley, playing our replacement in a high school gym. You go Valley.
    The battle for last place in the valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Creighton appears to still have too many Valley players.
      I was joking, assuming they were no longer able to throw this excuse around. But, nay, nay, it is still a real thing being said.

#youstilldontgetit

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The battle for last place in the valley.
        I just looked up the play-by-play and box score. The UNIs took 38 shots the entire game -- from the field, that is. They also got 32 FTs (on the road, no less). That must have been quite a spectacle to watch.

Comment

• DUShock
          DUShock commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope that there aren't bleeding eyes from that searing spectacle.

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Is there a stage on one end? Cafetoriumnasium! And hair care and tire center thar...
        They’re hosting a 25 cent lyceaum tomorrow, puppet show!

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

I just looked up the play-by-play and box score. The UNIs took 38 shots the entire game -- from the field, that is. They also got 32 FTs (on the road, no less). That must have been quite a spectacle to watch.
          12 fouls on UNI (resulting in 13 VU FTs), 28 on Valpo. Talk about disparity.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            12 fouls on UNI (resulting in 13 VU FTs), 28 on Valpo. Talk about disparity.
            I don't understand why people are surprised? It's no secret that Ben Jacobson hires their French gym coach to give the players elite specialized hard surface flopping training. Valpo is new to the conference, so they just haven't learned how to handle all the wet noodles writhing on the floor yet.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• I admit to having watched the last 8 minutes or so of this game. The Uni's are still adept at the flop but a guard looks to have perfected the light contact flying flop. A Valpo player driving to the basket and the Uni guard really on him. The contact looked minimal even on the replay but it looked like the Uni guard had taken a 50 cal right to the chest and literally flew backward in the air. The wide disparity in fouls from what I saw was Koch (Cook for you new guys his year) receiving a pass into the lane and using a little hook shot which did not miss. He was fouled at least 3 times in the last few minutes. I am so glad to be where we are now.

Comment

• OSU is up 14 on T tech with 11 to go.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Big 12 handing title to beakettes
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• MadaboutWu
                    MadaboutWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As much as I hate KU, I want OSU to bump our rpi and give us a better shot at passing one more team ahead of us on the s-curve. But yep, seems every year. Two in a row Tech has lost to Shocker victims.

• Don't want the Hawks to win another championship but was pulling for OSU to beat TT, makes us only look better. Looking at OSU's record, they've got some really, really good wins, Tech, KU, West Virgina, Florida State couple of others. I'm really impressed we beat them at their place.

Comment

• I'm definitely happy OSU won tonight. Might not be able to move up into a Q1 win, but will definitely help from dropping to Q3. Yesterday OSU was sitting at 109 RPI.

But yes, B12 loves bending over for KU every single year.

Comment

• Geez, didn't see that coming.

The league is seriously a bunch of pansies.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• KU can still lose the Big 12...Tech and OSU on the road. I would like to see them win #14 for a national consecutive conference win record. How can it hurt WSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                        How can it hurt WSU?
                        KU and WSU are two elite level basketball programs in the same region. WSU benefits from every single loss KU suffers. WSU sees benefits in media coverage (local and national), recruiting ability, and fan support when KU struggles.

But, in all honesty, it doesn't need to be so practical. How can it hurt WSU? The same way it would've hurt to watch the Patriots win the Super Bowl. The same way it hurts when the Yankees are good. The same way it hurts when you see people paying attention to someone like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian. There are just teams, individuals, and fan bases that don't deserve the success. And few things in sports are more loathsome than listening to a Wal-Mart t-shirt fan lecture me about KU's 13 straight. Frankly, as a fan of education, I should really be happy that the streak is continuing, though. When KU got their 11th straight, an entire fanbase finally learned to count higher than 10.

78-65.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                          KU can still lose the Big 12...Tech and OSU on the road. I would like to see them win #14 for a national consecutive conference win record. How can it hurt WSU?
                          N Crestway Jamar Howard 4 President

Jamar, at least N Crestway is transparent on his alliance, I respect that.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                        X