2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    Sweet Lord please let Texas Tech not bend over for the Jayhawks like OU, UT, ISU and friends have done for the past decade and a half down the stretch. Crush KSU tonight and never look back.

I don't care, at all, that we have a remote chance at lapping TT for seeding. We are not catching whoever it is that catches the top notch in the B12 and that needs to be somebody other than KU.
    The chances of KState passing WSU are nearly equal to WSU passing Texas Tech. Give me a Tech win, KU falling out of 1st place, and extra buffer between WSU and the Wildcats.

Comment

• Not that anyone cares but Savannah State is on an 8 game heater, are leading the MEAC at 9-1 and have pulled to within 1 game of .500 at 12-13. They're averaging just north of 101 PPG during their streak. Didn't see that coming.

FGCU moved to 11-0 in conference and clinched the #1 seed with 3 games remaining. At 20-8 they're more likely than not to go to dance at 26-8.

College of Charleston is also on an extended win streak. Winners of 8 straight after beating Drexel today. They have 4 regular season games left to clinch the CAA title.

SDSU is about to go 22-6, 10-1 in the Summit as soon as their game ends at ORU.

Comment

• Kentucky sucks this year will be lucky to win 1 game in the tournament will be an 8 seed again.
        2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
        2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
        2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
        2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
        The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Usually like to see athletic teams from the state of Kansas win against outside competition...the small population and underdog thing you know...obviously not going to happen at KU in football for many many moons, but Kansas schools can do it in basketball. Go KSU...

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
            Kentucky sucks this year will be lucky to win 1 game in the tournament will be an 8 seed again.
            An 8 seed? With 8 losses already? What's their best win? West Virginia? You're probably right as you're good at bracket matrix....but is it at all possible for Kentucky to ever be like a 10-12 seed or first four in?

Most teams with their resume this year would be sweating it out to even make the tourney but I know it does say "Blue Blood" I mean Kentucky on their jersey so I guess there's that.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• KSU suffers yet another beating. That's 4 beatings on the season and only 8 double digit wins. By contrast, WSU has 16 double digit wins and only 1 non-competitive game. If they were to finish 4-4 (21-12) with that non-conference schedule and get in over say a 29-4 NMSU team, for example, would be terribly irritating.

Speaking of which, Jans' is in trouble at home against GCU. Down 8 under 8. Need a big Aggie comeback.

Comment

• 73-70 Aggies with 21 seconds left.

74-70 Aggies with 2 seconds left. Didn't realize Thunder Dan Majerle coached GCU.

74-70 Final. Jans moves to 22-3 9-0.
                Last edited by WuDrWu; February 10, 2018, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Like KSU, but it was for the greater good that they lost and gave Tech a one game lead in the Big 12-2
                  The Assman

Comment

• Coach Forbes and ETSU with a shout out during the Gonzaga win in progress. They will have the longest win streak in the country at 16!

Comment

• Big win for Tech...but still not out of the woods.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                        Usually like to see athletic teams from the state of Kansas win against outside competition...the small population and underdog thing you know...obviously not going to happen at KU in football for many many moons, but Kansas schools can do it in basketball. Go KSU...
                        I think we know why you were rooting for KSU, and it wasn't because of the "Kansas" thing.

For the first time in a while, there's uneasiness up north and east. Nice job Red Raiders.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm not sure how this day could be topped scoreboard wise. KU lost, Texas Tech won, BJ lost on a foul call (LOL), WVU lost, Baylor won, Oklahoma State won, most of our non-con won and extended winning streaks, hell even short-handed Notre Dame beat Florida State. Kentucky lost, etc.

My God, what a day.

Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Probably the most satisfying day of results outside of the Dance.
                            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              I'm not sure how this day could be topped scoreboard wise. KU lost, Texas Tech won, BJ lost on a foul call (LOL), WVU lost, Baylor won, Oklahoma State won, most of our non-con won and extended winning streaks, hell even short-handed Notre Dame beat Florida State. Kentucky lost, etc.

My God, what a day.
                              Out of all those results, I can't help to laugh at the fact Creighton got 1.9'd at home. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dice260 View Post

Out of all those results, I can't help to laugh at the fact Creighton got 1.9'd at home. Lol
                                Shox seem to be in the CU beat writer’s head, no matter how much he doesn’t miss WSU. CU begging for someone to consider them a rival. Desperate.

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-...bd368f0b2.html

Comment

• JayPak
                                  JayPak commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Shatel’s not the beat writer. He’s the columnist. Nyatawa is the beat writer.
                              Working...
                              X