No announcement yet.

2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was talking to one of my coworkers today about that Virginia - Pitt game from a week ago where Pitt scored 7 points in the first half. The absolute crazy thing is that 4 of the 7 points came on free throws. While I know Pitt isn't very good but seriously - 1 basket in the entire half???!!!

Play-by-play action for the Virginia Cavaliers vs. Pittsburgh Panthers NCAAM game from February 24, 2018 on ESPN.

Comment

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      But it was a 3 pointer!

• pogo
      pogo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats what you get for not guarding the 3 point line. Damn

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Temple gets up for Wichita State but not Connecticut. Who'da thunk it?
    We may no longer be in the Valley, but we certainly got a lot of people's best shot once again. At this point, we should really appreciate that we've ONLY lost 3 games.

Comment

• pogo
      pogo commented
      Editing a comment
      Someone can go back and look at the Poll that asked how many losses we would have this year and I would venture the majority picked about right.

• Maryland goes one and done in the Big Ten tourney. Slight chance that’s the end of the Turgeon era in Maryland.

Comment

• Cdizzle
      Cdizzle commented
      Editing a comment
      I doubt it. But I think the burner just got turned to high.

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    Maryland goes one and done in the Big Ten tourney. Slight chance that’s the end of the Turgeon era in Maryland.
    Missouri State might have an opening, if he's fine with coaching "at that level"

Comment

• Aargh
      Aargh commented
      Editing a comment
      Turgeon was a pretty solid MVC coach. He could probably get MSU up to the level that they could compete against Hinson at SIU and Moser at Loyola.

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      KState perhaps?

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      Turgeon did "alright" at the Valley level. The Shockers weren't the premier program in the conference under him, but they were certainly a top 3-5 Valley squad for sure. He could probably find the same success today if he were to return. Maybe...

• #15 Michigan currently playing Iowa

Michigan is fighting WSU for votes and seeding. It would also hurt the B10 to lose one of the good RPI teams this early, as the league isn't deep.

Comment

• Go Iowa. Also, I hope Missouri State loses to Valpo tonight so that MSU has enough ammo to finally fire Lusk. That guy has GOT to go. What a horrible, horrible season he just orchestrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      #15 Michigan currently playing Iowa

Michigan is fighting WSU for votes and seeding. It would also hurt the B10 to lose one of the good RPI teams this early, as the league isn't deep.
      OT @ MSG
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Some of the worst three point attempts I’ve ever seen in this game.

Comment

• Michigan pulls it out 77-71
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Michigan avoids the Q3 loss, in OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
              Michigan pulls it out 77-71
              Iowa has no desire to win that game. They forced so many 3s early in possessions. Michigan couldn’t hit free throws at all. Game plan should have been get the 2 and foul.

Comment

• There was some weak sauce in that game. Michigan 3/19 from 3 and 18/32 from the line for the W.

Bohanon (iowa) hit a 3 at the end of regulation to tie it, but then he kept shooting them and was 3/11. Speaking of FT's, Iowa couldn't hit any either. They were 10/18. The FT disparity wasn't based on an uneven whistle. Iowa committed 24 fouls, Michigan, 22; and Iowa was fouling at the end of OT because they were behind.

It looked like an MVC game, except the players were a little taller.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Another tough season for MT. Terps lose to Wisconsin finishing 19-13 (8-10). At one time they were 13-3. Of course, all you have to do is look at their schedule to that point to understand why.

Comment

• kochHead
                    kochHead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    MT on the hot seat soon? They lost in the first round last year, and haven't had much to hang their hats on lately.

• USF up 35 18 over Memphis with 4 to go in the first half

Comment

• Oh my... The ending to the UVA / Louisville game

Comment

• wusphlash
                      wusphlash commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lotta banking going on tonight.
                  Working...
                  X