No announcement yet.

2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wins the tie breaker between Houston and WSU if we lose to Cincinnati but win the rest of them?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      Who wins the tie breaker between Houston and WSU if we lose to Cincinnati but win the rest of them?
      We do. 1-1 against each other, then I believe we compare records down the standings until we reach Memphis.

Comment

• Very good chance for Memphis to win out and finish with a 20 win season. Whodathunk it in January? I thought Tubby was a dead man walking.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          Very good chance for Memphis to win out and finish with a 20 win season. Whodathunk it in January? I thought Tubby was a dead man walking.
          *raises hand*

But I may have been aware that Memphis had the 2nd easiest schedule in the league.

In fact, the league standings are very likely to end up with the 3 good, tournament teams in the Top 3, and the teams with the 2 easiest schedules in 4th and 5th.

Comment

• BOBB
            BOBB commented
            Editing a comment
            I know you posted on this before, but how hard was Temple's schedule? By my account, Temple is the 4th best team in the league, but could finish 7th or 8th. They dropped some games they should have won, but it would have been nice for them to beat up on the dregs. Their OOC wins might have carried the day for them and the conference might have four in.

• Cdizzle
            Cdizzle commented
            Editing a comment
            You are correct. Temple had the most difficult intra-conference schedule. The latest numbers are posted over in the AAC Conference Race thread.

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Where is the condescending wonka meme?

KU wins 14 consecutive titles?

Tell me again about all the great teams in the Big 12.
          Admittedly, Big 12 no ACC or even Big 10 in terms of basketball. KU's success is mostly due to being the only basketball school in the conference.

Comment

• The AAC conference feels like it has as much parity as the MVC in terms of "anybody can win on any given night", but the caliber of the parity is much higher.
            You cannot fall asleep against UConn or SMU or Temple or Memphis. You just can't.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
              Jamar Howard 4 President commented
              Editing a comment
              Ehhhh... USF, ECU, UConn have combined for 0 wins over the top 4. Tulane has 1 win over the top 4.

You will find that the limited parity you do find in the AAC this year is pretty much equaled or exceeded in most conferences in America.

• Jamar Howard 4 President
              Jamar Howard 4 President commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you seen some of the wins Iowa St and Oklahoma State have gathered in the Big 12 despite being the two worst teams in the league?

• ShockdaWorld
              ShockdaWorld commented
              Editing a comment
              Someone just feels like being argumentative this morning.

• Since there isn't a thread for "Games of Little Interest", I'll put this here.

Someone needs to call in to the USF coach's show and ask if they ever practice free throws. So far, USF is 0/4 and none of them have looked like they ever had a chance.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Can’t believe nobody has commented on how bad Maryland looks. Dang!

Comment

• Marquette gonna go down to DePaul. That's not gonna help the ol RPI and effectively kill their at-large chances.

What a weird team.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                  Can’t believe nobody has commented on how bad Maryland looks. Dang!
                  Difficult to coach at this level.

Comment

• CU - 84
                    Nova - 78

1 Minute left in OT
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Impressive win for Crouton. Their first ever against a team ranked as high as #3. Khyrie Thomas getting a lot of love in NBA mock drafts, not sure why Marcus Foster isn't getting any. He seems to have his head screwed on straight now and that guy can flat out score.
                      Not a game of interest to us, but I couldn't help but notice that Virginia held our buddy Kevin Stallings' Pitt Panthers to 7 points in the first half. Now, Virginia has a great defense but that is just absurd.

Comment

• Tech crowd is a bit quiet. You’d think they’d be loud and help will their team to victory with what is on the line.

Comment

• Big XII choke job complete.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• That last shot by Graham was insanely lucky.

He had a three pointer earlier that I don’t think Steph Curry could’ve made.
                            The Assman

Comment

Working...
                            X