• Show
Clear All

• 500th Career Win - Gregg Marshall.JPG

03/20/19 - First Round NIT

#6 - Wichita State = 76

at

#3 - Furman = 70

Comment

• He has earned his 3 million and then some this year.

Comment

• Preserved his 20 win streak too

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          500th Career Win - Gregg Marshall.JPG

03/20/19 - First Round NIT

#6 - Wichita State = 76

at

#3 - Furman = 70
          When the coaches were talking at the end of the game, I just got the feeling it was 3G asking if they would like to play us in next year's non-con.

Comment

• Maizerunner08
            Maizerunner08 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would approve of Furman in non-con. They might not be quite as good as this season, but still pretty solid.

• He was asking if Richey wants to come work for us. Lol

Comment

• Slideshow: Here's what coaches at Kansas' Division I colleges are earning this year - Wichita Business Journal

by Kirk Seminoff – Associate Editor
            posted: 09/30/19, 1:15pm cst

"There aren't many places where a basketball coach is the state's highest-paid employee, but count on it in basketball-rich Kansas.

University of Kansas coach Bill Self tops the list of coaching salaries for NCAA Division I colleges in the state. He's expected to make just over $4 million this season, which is his 17th at the school.

Self is the fifth-highest paid coach in college basketball, according to USA Today.

Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall isn't far behind, earning $3.57 million this season. That's good for 12th on the national coaching list. Kansas State's Bruce Weber is 37th nationally, making just more than $2.6 million....

$2,601k - Bruce Weber, Men's Basketball, Wichita State
            $3,570k - Gregg Marshall, Men's Basketball, Kansas
            $4,067k - Bill Self, Men's Basketball, Kansas State

Others:
            $200k - Darron Boatright, Athletic Director, Wichita State
            $500k - Gene Taylor, Athletic Director, Kansas State
            $1,500k - Jeff Long, Athletic Director, Kansas

$178k - Susie Fritz, Volleyball, Kansas State
            $185k - Ray Bechard, Volleyball, Kansas
            $216k - Chris Lamb, Volleyball, Wichita State

$350k - Eric Wedge, Baseball, Wichita State
            $385k - Pete Hughes, Baseball, Kansas State
            $400k - Ritch Price, Baseball, Kansas

$371k - Keitha Adams, Women's Basketball, Wichita State
            $410k - Brandon Schneider, Women's Basketball, Kansas
            $550k - Jeff Mittie, Women's Basketball, Kansas State..."

Comment

Slideshow: Here's what coaches at Kansas' Division I colleges are earning this year - Wichita Business Journal

by Kirk Seminoff – Associate Editor
              posted: 09/30/19, 1:15pm cst

"There aren't many places where a basketball coach is the state's highest-paid employee, but count on it in basketball-rich Kansas.

University of Kansas coach Bill Self tops the list of coaching salaries for NCAA Division I colleges in the state. He's expected to make just over $4 million this season, which is his 17th at the school.

Self is the fifth-highest paid coach in college basketball, according to USA Today.

Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall isn't far behind, earning $3.57 million this season. That's good for 12th on the national coaching list. Kansas State's Bruce Weber is 37th nationally, making just more than $2.6 million....

$2,601k - Bruce Weber, Men's Basketball, Wichita State
              $3,570k - Gregg Marshall, Men's Basketball, Kansas
              $4,067k - Bill Self, Men's Basketball, Kansas State

Others:
              $200k - Darron Boatright, Athletic Director, Wichita State
              $500k - Gene Taylor, Athletic Director, Kansas State
              $1,500k - Jeff Long, Athletic Director, Kansas

$178k - Susie Fritz, Volleyball, Kansas State
              $185k - Ray Bechard, Volleyball, Kansas
              $216k - Chris Lamb, Volleyball, Wichita State

$350k - Eric Wedge, Baseball, Wichita State
              $385k - Pete Hughes, Baseball, Kansas State
              $400k - Ritch Price, Baseball, Kansas

$371k - Keitha Adams, Women's Basketball, Wichita State
              $410k - Brandon Schneider, Women's Basketball, Kansas
              $550k - Jeff Mittie, Women's Basketball, Kansas State..."
              Nothing like getting paid 1.5 million to preside over the worst football program in college football history and one of the worst cheating scandals in college basketball history ....

Comment

• I knew HCKA was making more than Lambo but $155k more? Wow!

Comment

• Ritch Price, proving that KU will literally just throw money at anyone.

BOOM!

Maybe I should just walk through Lawrence occasionally and see if I come out of it with a couple spare 10Gs or a new car.

ZAP!

I considered willingness to take slightly damaged vehicles that need to disappear from athlete-involved fender-benders, but I wouldn't want to make that many drug-sniffing dogs run the whole way to Wichita.

BAM!

Comment

• NCAA Basketball: Ranking all 353 D-I head coaches for 2019-20 season - FanSided Sports

by Joey Loose
                    posted 10/30/19, 7:15am cst

A comprehensive ranking of all 353 NCAA Basketball head coaches from top to bottom, with analysis and explanations for every single head coach.

"There are 353 D1 NCAA Basketball programs, each led by a head coach. How do we rank these coaches against one another and which ones will stand out?

23. Gregg Marshall (Wichita State) (Last year: 22)
                    Overall record: 502-196
                    Final Four in 2013
                    When Marshall arrived at Wichita State in 2007, he had just made seven NCAA Tournaments in nine years at Winthrop. The Shockers not only hired one of the best mid-major coaches, but he took it to the next level. He’s led Wichita State to the Final Four, to a near-perfect season, and now to the AAC. His record is extremely impressive. Even in a rebuilding effort, his team still won 22 games and made the NIT semifinal. Marshall’s teams come to play when the games matter most.

Comment

NCAA Basketball: Ranking all 353 D-I head coaches for 2019-20 season - FanSided Sports

by Joey Loose
                      posted 10/30/19, 7:15am cst

A comprehensive ranking of all 353 NCAA Basketball head coaches from top to bottom, with analysis and explanations for every single head coach.

"There are 353 D1 NCAA Basketball programs, each led by a head coach. How do we rank these coaches against one another and which ones will stand out?

23. Gregg Marshall (Wichita State) (Last year: 22)
                      Overall record: 502-196
                      Final Four in 2013
                      When Marshall arrived at Wichita State in 2007, he had just made seven NCAA Tournaments in nine years at Winthrop. The Shockers not only hired one of the best mid-major coaches, but he took it to the next level. He’s led Wichita State to the Final Four, to a near-perfect season, and now to the AAC. His record is extremely impressive. Even in a rebuilding effort, his team still won 22 games and made the NIT semifinal. Marshall’s teams come to play when the games matter most.
                      There aren't 10 better coaches in the NCAA, let alone 22. And there aren't 2 better, that don't cheat!

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

There aren't 10 better coaches in the NCAA, let alone 22. And there aren't 2 better, that don't cheat!
                        Wright and Bennett, maybe. They seem to run pretty clean, and Marshall mentioned them as the types of guys he wants to be lumped in with. Winning the right way.

Comment

• Wait, wait, what? In what universe is Bruce Weber (#19) ahead of 3G in a coach ranking? Not only no, but double-hell-frack-no is that reality.
                          78-65

Comment

• Lets just say this, there are several ahead of 3g whose fan bases would gladly trade their coach for 3G................ but dont look for them to tell you that.
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                              Lets just say this, there are several ahead of 3g whose fan bases would gladly trade their coach for 3G................ but dont look for them to tell you that.
                              Exactly.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X