Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerKhan
    I wonder if HCGM wanted to try cashing in on the great pub from the NIT run on the recruiting trail before
    considering another job. Coach Jans mentioned they are already hearing from kids because of the NIT.
    If they can harvest some of the City League kids in the next 2 years we can get to the next level.
    There is a boatload of local talent in the 2012, 2013 classes. I'm glad the NIT opened the door for HCGM and his staff to pitch or re-pitch these kids on WSU. The fact that he turned down 1.9 for NC St. should be an even greater selling point IMO. I think it says, "Hey, I'm a 2 million dollar BCS coach, but I'm going to stay in Wichita. You (recruit X) and I can spend the next 4 years whoopin those BCS a holes! Do you want to be a part of that?"
    Livin the dream

Comment

SI put WSU at #18 in there early poll for next year.

Sports Illustrated, SI.com provides sports news, expert analysis, highlights, stats and scores for the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, college football, soccer, fantasy, gambling and more

Comment

Originally posted by RHshoxfan
        SI put WSU at #18 in there early poll for next year.

http://tourney.si.com/2011/04/05/aft...2-2/?eref=sihp
        Wow, those are some very lofty expectations. I guess the run through the NIT showed some potential?

I personally think this one is an outlier and we'll be off the radar next year. I would love to be wrong though.

Still, great press and respect!
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Evidently they know something we don't. They know GS is going to produce a Paul Miller'esque Senior season, Carl Hall will have zero health issues and will a dominant presence down low along with GS and that Toure' will find his shot. Free press and advertising which I will take any day of the week.

Comment

Shows how impressive we were in the NIT.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Great Expectations (Oh Lord, here we go again). Having the bullseye on our back was our downfall this year. I was hoping to fly under the radar for awhile next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                Great Expectations (Oh Lord, here we go again). Having the bullseye on our back was our downfall this year. I was hoping to fly under the radar for awhile next year.
                If you want to grow as a program, you've got to learn to live with the bulls-eye.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr
                  If you want to grow as a program, you've got to learn to live with the bulls-eye.
                  +1.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Flying under the radar in today's MVC = you aint ****.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I want all the hype we can get. Showing off preseason rankings with us listed and KSU nowhere to be seen will only help with the city league recruits.

Comment

Well, we pass the "eye test." From their view at the Garden, the east coast media now thinks that Stutz, Murry, and Kyles should have gone to Michigan State. Throw in an ACC coach (or at least one that had offers), returning upper-classmen Orukpe, Ragland, Smith, and Williams, and we look like a non-bcs school poised for a break out. If they're really paying attention, they also noted that we signed a JUCO AA and a HS AA to play PF.

We are the third ranked non-bcs school on the list of 32, behind Butler and Belmont (which one will knock KU out in 2012?), and in front of Memphis, Temple, Gonzaga, George Mason, and Xavier. That's a nice list of non-bcs schools that tend to stick around the top 25 every year!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          +1.
                          I wasn't the one on the floor playing. The bulls-eye is on their backs, not mine, and they didn't exactly handle it stellarly. They did well, but not up to their own expectations. Once the pressure was off, they showed what they could do.

Comment

+1.
                            I wasn't the one on the floor playing. The bulls-eye is on their backs, not mine, and they didn't exactly handle it stellarly. They did well, but not up to their own expectations. Once the pressure was off, they showed what they could do.
                            If our team can't handle expectations, then what's the freaking point?

Wanna be a Morehead State every year?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

+1.
                              If our team can't handle expectations, then what's the freaking point?

Wanna be a Morehead State every year?
                              All I'm saying is the team needs to be up for these expectations, not just sit back and expect it to be handed to them. Marshall wants all he can get, so I say "go get 'em" and let's hope we can get past Christmas this time.

Comment

Wow.. He turned down NC State. Their loss. Ha ha

Hey, who is going to back up Stutz next year? Is Orupke ready? I'm not so sure, because I saw him shy away from the ball a few times this year, in the few minutes of playing time he got. Can WSU continue to be above average on the boards?

Comment

Working...
                                X