Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ranking the College Basketball Coach of the Year Candidates - Stadium Basketball Insider

    by Jeff Goodman
    JANUARY 13,2020

    https://watchstadium.com/ranking-the...es-01-13-2020/

    "We’re unveiling something new today: Coach of the Year power rankings. I know I missed some guys who are deserving of spots on this list, but these are 25 guys (in order) who are doing some of the best coaching jobs in the country.

    We’ll update this again during the season, then hand out the hardware at the end of the year for the National Coach of the Year....

    12) Gregg Marshall, Wichita State – After a down year by Shockers standards a season ago, Marshall has Wichita State back. The Shockers are 15-1 with the lone setback coming against West Virginia...."

    Lots of games to still shake out, but I think Coach Marshall will be moving up on the list before it is all done.

    Comment


    • https://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Wichita+St.

      That's my coach of the year.

      We are projected to finish 27-4 with one of the youngest rosters in the nation.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        Ranking the College Basketball Coach of the Year Candidates - Stadium Basketball Insider

        by Jeff Goodman
        JANUARY 13,2020

        https://watchstadium.com/ranking-the...es-01-13-2020/

        "We’re unveiling something new today: Coach of the Year power rankings. I know I missed some guys who are deserving of spots on this list, but these are 25 guys (in order) who are doing some of the best coaching jobs in the country.

        We’ll update this again during the season, then hand out the hardware at the end of the year for the National Coach of the Year....

        12) Gregg Marshall, Wichita State – After a down year by Shockers standards a season ago, Marshall has Wichita State back. The Shockers are 15-1 with the lone setback coming against West Virginia...."

        Lots of games to still shake out, but I think Coach Marshall will be moving up on the list before it is all done.
        Thank you for doing this. I didn't know about this. This is great. I like the fact that they talk about a lot of coaches you typically don't hear about.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          Ranking the College Basketball Coach of the Year Candidates - Stadium Basketball Insider

          by Jeff Goodman
          JANUARY 13,2020

          https://watchstadium.com/ranking-the...es-01-13-2020/

          "We’re unveiling something new today: Coach of the Year power rankings. I know I missed some guys who are deserving of spots on this list, but these are 25 guys (in order) who are doing some of the best coaching jobs in the country.

          We’ll update this again during the season, then hand out the hardware at the end of the year for the National Coach of the Year....

          12) Gregg Marshall, Wichita State – After a down year by Shockers standards a season ago, Marshall has Wichita State back. The Shockers are 15-1 with the lone setback coming against West Virginia...."

          Lots of games to still shake out, but I think Coach Marshall will be moving up on the list before it is all done.
          Wheres Bill Self ?????? lmao
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
            https://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Wichita+St.

            That's my coach of the year.

            We are projected to finish 27-4 with one of the youngest rosters in the nation.
            Rational projection.

            Comment


            • Update: Marshall is now tied for 63rd all time with 517 wins

              https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...ch-career.html

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                Update: Marshall is now tied for 63rd all time with 517 wins

                https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...ch-career.html
                Tied with Rick Majerus. Good company.
                Dominance is a state of mind.

                Comment


                • Quick glance looks like there are maybe only about 15 coaches above him that are still active???
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

                  NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

                  NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

                  AP Poll History of Wichita State:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

                  Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

                  Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                    Update: Marshall is now tied for 63rd all time with 517 wins

                    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...ch-career.html
                    He is only 9 wins away from tying the god-father of his coaching tree.
                    The Greek pronunciation for 'Gregg Marshall' is Zeus.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X