Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
    What an asinine statement. Do you seriously think Marshall would turn down a $7,000,000/year raise to coach one of the top 5 programs in the country because Self was scared to schedule WSU and Gregg loves coaching in the American so much? He'd take it in a heartbeat and we all know it. We'd hate it, but it's the truth. If he didn't his wife would kill him.
    Obviously, KU would never offer Marshall that gig, but you must really think he's an absolute moron if you think he'd turn down that kind of offer. Unlike you, I don't think Marshall's a moron.
    If you think Wichita States's very wealthy donors wouldn't pony up the necessary amount of cash and incentives to keep Marshall from going to our very much hated in state rival, KU, then you're obviously not too familiar with this program.
    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Yes, I think he would turn it down. After all, how many jets can you charter? How many hamburgers can you eat?
      I agree it would take a great offer to get Marshall to leave, but he seriously considered taking the crappy Alabama job for 3.5 mil a few years ago. If you don't think he'd leave for 10 million per you're delusional. Wichita ain't THAT great, pal. I don't doubt that he's content at WSU, but come on. Be realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post

If you think Wichita States's very wealthy donors wouldn't pony up the necessary amount of cash and incentives to keep Marshall from going to our very much hated in state rival, KU, then you're obviously not too familiar with this program.
        I'm very familiar with this program. Don't kid yourself. But please. This is Wichita State. The donors are not going to make Marshall the highest paid coach in the country. Mike Krzyzewski "only" makes 9 mil a year. How about Calipari? 8 million per. Bill Self makes 5 mil. Izzo gets 4.4 million. Even the Koch brothers are not going to match a 10 mil a year offer from KU to keep Marshall.
        Last edited by Zubcut; September 26, 2018, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Early contender for silliest thread of the preseason, these last few posts.

Comment

• There may someday be where a university will pony up 10 Million per year for a head basketball coach...but it won't be from a non-participating money making "network funded" football school in some tiny midewestern college town (Lawrence, KS)

Sure Tuscaloosa, Alabama and Lawrence, Kansas have population in common...but even with ALL their (Alabama) football "network" money...they still couldn't draw one of college basketball's hottest commodities away. Besides...Coach Gregg Marshall don't play that way. He happy!!!

Fun read (story) but so blasphemous. :)
            Last edited by AZ Shocker; September 26, 2018, 03:26 AM.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Aint gonna happened. KU hates Marshall and vice versa!
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                Aint gonna happened. KU hates Marshall and vice versa!
                Thank you. And that was essentially my whole point. I think most true WSU fans wouldn’t have to use too many brain cells to come to that conclusion.

I think we know where Zubs stands.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm very familiar with this program. Don't kid yourself. But please. This is Wichita State. The donors are not going to make Marshall the highest paid coach in the country. Mike Krzyzewski "only" makes 9 mil a year. How about Calipari? 8 million per. Bill Self makes 5 mil. Izzo gets 4.4 million. Even the Koch brothers are not going to match a 10 mil a year offer from KU to keep Marshall.
                  Did you ask?

And the fact that you referred to the BROTHERS means you aren't "very familiar with this program"

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
                    SHOCKvalue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ^Factually correct

AFAIK David Koch has nothing to do with WSU.

And neither is KU going to offer Marshall $10 mill. Other equally quality options available for much less than that kind of money. Both positions are silly. Marshall is as unlikely to go to KU as KU is to go after him, especially to the tune of $10 million.

Comment

• Turns out Zubcut should probably stick to the Creighton boards.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Thank you. And that was essentially my whole point. I think most true WSU fans wouldn’t have to use too many brain cells to come to that conclusion.

I think we know where Zubs stands.
                      I know Marshall has no love for KU. But do you honestly believe he hates them so much that if they offered to make him the highest paid coach in college basketball and pay him TWICE what they're paying Self, he wouldn't take it? That was your original post and it's ridiculous. He'd be gone so fast it would make your head spin and no one would blame him except a few people on this board. You need to wake up to reality.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• dead horse_Zubcut.jpg
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            Turns out Zubcut should probably stick to the Creighton boards.
                            This is the correct answer.

Which is why it’s so amusing seeing a Creighton fan comment on any WSU related subject, as if they know the situation more.

And with his responses, it’s clear Zubs should probably just go back to lurking and save himself some embarrassment.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If the AD had done his homework, he would know that Marshall already makes more than 1.9mil by quite a bit. And as far as Marshall going anywhere, once you have your family set, and you are basically happy, and used to things, the players, the assistants, the fans, the arena, and money is not the basic reason that motivates you, it would take a great offer, to get him away from us. He is putting the Shockers on the national map, so to speak. I say we will finish no lower than 3rd this year, if not higher. We have some ballers this year, and I am sure he will get them ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X