No announcement yet.

2017 Valley Tournament Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex Jackson and Travis Young struggled mightily at the plate against SIU.

Alex popped out 3 times, struck out once and had a sac bunt giving he best Willie Mays Hayes imitation.

Travis struck out 3 times and was out attempting to bunt for a hit.

Would be nice if they could get on base a bit where maybe the Shocks could try to get their speed into the game.

Paul Suellentrop's game report.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 25, 2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Evansville scored 4 runs on 6 hits (5 singles and a double) in the bottom of the 1st and lead Bradley 4-0 after the 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        Great, great job by our pitchers yesterday. Zach Lewis threw just 86 pitches in his 6.2 IP, which may or may not become relevant at a later date.

What an opportunity we have this evening - gotta seize it.
        Yepper! SIU had a single in the 4th and a double in the 7th. That's it. Two hits.

There run scored on a HBP, steal of 2nd and a wild pick off throw by Zach. In theory the runner scores anyway on the later double but man, that's some good pitching guys!

I wonder if we'll stick with Heuer tonight or try something different? Best chance to play for a tournament title since 2013 (after day 1 at least).

Go Shocks!

Comment

Is there any TV coverage tonight that an internet savvy person could pirate onto? Or do I just go with KNSS listen live? NVM, found it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Alex Jackson and Travis Young struggled mightily at the plate against SIU.

Alex popped out 3 times, struck out once and had a sac bunt giving he best Willie Mays Hayes imitation.

Travis struck out 3 times and was out attempting to bunt for a hit.

Would be nice if they could get on base a bit where maybe the Shocks could try to get their speed into the game.

Paul Suellentrop's game report.
            Dayton probably gets the outfield nod if ISU throws a lefty. Otherwise it stays the same I'm thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              Wasn't Butler an assistant coach on that Arkansas team?
              I think he was at Alabama back then.

Comment

Evansville up 9-2 on Bradley.
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  I think he was at Alabama back then.

That's right. Butler didn't come to Arkansas until 06.

Comment

Evansville now leading Bradley 12-2 after 6 innings. Is the 10-run mercy rule in effect for the tournament?

Edit: Found my answer: The 10-run rule is in effect for all games except the Championship game. The exception that that is that if the Championship game is delayed at a point in which the 10-run rule would apply and that game cannot be finished that day then the game would be declared over.

And Evansville finishes off the Braves with a 12-2 run-rule win. That helps with keeping things more on schedule.

Up next: SIU vs MSU. Go Salukis!
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 25, 2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

SIU homers to take a 1-0 lead top 1!
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Make it back to back jacks!!! 2-0 SIU

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                          SIU homers to take a 1-0 lead top 1!
                          A back-to-backer makes it 2-0.

Comment

Come on you ugly dog bastards! Play some D!!!!!

Comment

For anyone not watching...msu is wearing just about the ugliest unis I've ever seen!

Comment

Whoah that was a cutie two-fisting the nachos in the stands!

Comment

Working...
                                X