2017 Valley Tournament Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Valley Tournament Action

I don't think we need separate threads for each game. I don't have any confidence the Shocks will hang around very long.

In Game 1 Evansville is up on Indiana State 4-2 heading into the bottom of the 6th. However, the Sycamores are in the middle of a potentially big rally in the bottom of the 6th.

Indiana State had 3 singles and a walk in the bottom of the 6th, had scored a run and had the bases loades with 1 out. However, a srike out and a pop foul to 3B ended the threat.

Evansville still leads 4-3. I wouldn't bet on Evansville holding the Sycamores at bay.

Comment

As I suggested Evansville could not hold off Indiana State and it wasn't even close. The Sycamores scored 10 runs in the 7th and 8th innings.

Final: Indiana State 13 - Evansville 4

Comment

Thank you for the updates...
        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

DBU and Bradley just starting. Already about 40 minutes behind schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            DBU and Bradley just starting. Already about 40 minutes behind schedule.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

DBU and Bradley have played 4 innings with some light rain falling in a real pitcher's duel. DBU leads 9-6 after 4 innings. The game is now just under 2 hours old. Shocks may not be playing unitl about 5:30 or 6:00 at this rate.

Comment

DBU 11 - Bradley 7 after 5. Raining again. Real rain not just hits. DBU left the bases loaded in the 5th. Was hoping they would bring the run rule into play and they still might.

Bringing out the tarp to cover the field. So now a rain delay will push the Shocks back even further.

Comment

Was hoping to watch the Shox and MSU tonight, but looks like the Bears will be past my bedtime.
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Things are picking up. Neither team scored in the 6th. 1st time for that to happen this game.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Bradley scores 2 runs in the top of the 8th to draw within 3 at 9-12.

DBU opens the bottom of the 8th with a walk, walk and home run to make it 15-9.

That game has now gone final with DBU winning 15-9.

Not sure when the Shocks will be up but probably not earlier than 6:30 pm.

41 runs scored in the 1st two games of the Tournament. Can't wait to see what happens once we get deeper into the pitching staffs.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 24, 2017, 05:58 PM.

Comment

First pitch for Wichita State and SIU at 6:40 PM.

Comment

For those who are interested, the American Conference website is live streaming the radio broadcast of the WSU/SIU game this evening.

I happened to stumble upon this while trying to find info about the AAC's radio deal with SIRIUS. Pretty cool that even though we're not technically part of the conference yet, they're already covering our sports!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                              For those who are interested, the American Conference website is live streaming the radio broadcast of the WSU/SIU game this evening.

I happened to stumble upon this while trying to find info about the AAC's radio deal with SIRIUS. Pretty cool that even though we're not technically part of the conference yet, they're already covering our sports!
                              I agree that it's pretty cool that our soon to be new conference home is doing this. They are going out of their way to make us feel welcomed to our new Conference. That's a breath of fresh air compared to how we were treated by our soon to be former conference and it's commish.

Proud to be an American Athletic Conference member.
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                              X