2017 Valley Tournament Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
    But it's Sexton's fault we're in this mess to begin with. The contract was absolutely bonkers and makes a very difficult decision for Boatright.
    Ultimately it does fall on Sexton, but I had heard that when Sexton first choice pulled out DB was pushing for Butler.

Regardless, DB now had a choice on Butler. He had an opportunity this year to make a change and he choose not to. Now he "OWNS IT".

Comment

• o/u 10.5 runs allowed

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        Ultimately it does fall on Sexton, but I had heard that when Sexton first choice pulled out DB was pushing for Butler.

Regardless, DB now had a choice on Butler. He had an opportunity this year to make a change and he choose not to. Now he "OWNS IT".
        I would describe it more as a decision to make that inolved a lot of factors other than just HCTB's performance. If that was all that was involved it is an easy choice. However, there are numerous other factors that most of us or at least I am not privy to which have complicated that decision. Whether or not he has made the correct decision considering all the facts and circumstances he has acess to is another question but much more difficult to answer. Despite his public statements that it is not about finances what esle could it be about? Ultimately it is always about the bottom line isn't it?

Comment

• Indiana State eliminated Evansville 11-3.

Wichita State and Missouri State underway. Shocks are the home team. Robby Evans on the mound for the Shocks. Robby gets throught the 1st with only a 2-out hit batter (Jake Burger) reaching base.

Comment

• That 3rd strike was 8 inches inside and missed the spot by 2 feet.

Comment

• WSU Baseball: Most unbelievable poor situational hitting on the planet.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Wasted a leadoff double, but in their defense (which I don't do often right now), Vickers was rung up on a ridiculous call.

Comment

• Leadoff double and he stays anchored to 2b. SMH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Wasted a leadoff double, but in their defense (which I don't do often right now), Vickers was rung up on a ridiculous call.
                    The pitch before it was exactly the same. Be ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                      The pitch before it was exactly the same. Be ready.
                      I think I've made it clear that I'm not handing out free passes to this program. But, it's not reasonable to be ready for a pitch 8 inches off the plate. If he swings and misses at that, we're yelling at him for swinging at a terrible pitch.

Comment

• Lead-off double by Jensita followed by a strike-out (Vickers on a very wide inside corner), a pop-up (Bohm trying to hit the ball to Kanssas pops to 2nd) and strike-out (Schwanke trying to pull a pitch that was on the outer part of the plate). Going to have to minimize or eliminate these failures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                          WSU Baseball: Most unbelievable poor situational hitting on the planet.
                          This + 100. We also hit the crap out of the ball when it doesn't matter (either down 10 runs or up 7 runs). I bet we hit .450 when the game is over and about .150 when it is still on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                            This + 100. We also hit the crap out of the ball when it doesn't matter (either down 10 runs or up 7 runs). I bet we hit .450 when the game is over and about .150 when it is still on the line.
                            Agreed. On the other hand the Shocks have been very consistent in their futility to produce when it's important. No reason to thing that was going to change I guess.

Looks like the massacre may be commencing.

Comment

• I think we should go for the run rule. Try to save some arms for next season.

Comment

• Nice play by Vickers. See if they can hold this to 1 run. That'd be an accomplishment.

Edit: Double. Evans is getting absolutely rocked. The two outs in the inning could easily have been hits.

Comment

Working...
                                X