No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible for the new search committee to include Gene or has that ship sailed? In my opinion, we need to heal the shocker baseball family and we need to see Gene at the games supporting the next coach!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
      Is it possible for the new search committee to include Gene or has that ship sailed? In my opinion, we need to heal the shocker baseball family and we need to see Gene at the games supporting the next coach!
      I would bet the ship has sailed as long as the folks who had a part in giving Gene the boot are still around, and Boatright was part of Sexton's staff.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
        I would bet the ship has sailed as long as the folks who had a part in giving Gene the boot are still around, and Boatright was part of Sexton's staff.
        Agreed but the point may be somewhat mute. Does anyone use search committees these days?

Comment

• I hate when I show my age like that. Tomorrow you are going to tell me you can post on these message boards using a cell phone... Thanks 1972!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Agreed but the point may be somewhat mute. Does anyone use search committees these days?
            I don't think it's a moot point at all. In fact it is a brilliant idea to have a Gene part of the search committee.
            It would be a huge step in healing a lot of sour negative feeling amongst a lot of fans and former players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
              I don't think it's a moot point at all. In fact it is a brilliant idea to have a Gene part of the search committee.
              It would be a huge step in healing a lot of sour negative feeling amongst a lot of fans and former players.
              It is a moot point if their is no search committee. From what I can tell searches by committee are not in vogue these days.

Comment

• Bob Lutz looks at the state of Shocker Baseball:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Bob Lutz looks at the state of Shocker Baseball:

http://www.kansas.com/sports/spt-col...e70533407.html
                  "apathy is building. There isn't much outrage, from what I can tell"

I don't think apathy is the right word here. Disgust, frustration perhaps. I, for one am angry at how things have gone, there's no excuse for a team with the resources of WSU to be this bad. If I had 1.2 million to spare (which I don't) I would be knocking down Boatright's door to buy out Butler & bring in Hooper or Standiford.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• How many embarrassing blowout losses do we have before the cord is cut. Team is always one step forward, five steps back

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                      "apathy is building. There isn't much outrage, from what I can tell"

I don't think apathy is the right word here. Disgust, frustration perhaps. I, for one am angry at how things have gone, there's no excuse for a team with the resources of WSU to be this bad. If I had 1.2 million to spare (which I don't) I would be knocking down Boatright's door to buy out Butler & bring in Hooper or Standiford.
                      Tonight is the last straw for me. Down 11-0, getting no hit (when I turned it off) and having made 3 errors. Absolutely pathetic. We have the talent but the coaches aren't doing their job. Not even Brent.

Fire Butler, hire Standiford, and get this thing back on track. If Mark can make Tabor College in Hillsboro a national power, just think what he could do with WSU.

Not sure why we gave Butler such a large buyout anyway. Maybe the Koch bros can bail us out.

Let's hope Boatright doesn't let this thing get to the point where nobody any good wants to play us out of conference because we're not a challenge and our RPI blows.

Comment

• At one time I didn't think it was possible to have a worse hitting coach than Jim Thomas. I was wrong.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          At one time I didn't think it was possible to have a worse hitting coach than Jim Thomas. I was wrong.
                          Even if our hitting coach was Tom Emanski himself, it'd be hard to score 12+ runs every game to actually pull out a win.

This team is a disaster in all aspects equally.

Comment

• Standiford or Hooper might let Kemnitz recruit the pitching staff and work with them during games. That might solve the 5.99 ERA problem.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It would be interesting to know what the players really think? I'm sure they are better players than the scores of the games seem to indicate. Losing is one thing, but the way they have been losing is another. It is hard for me to believe that they are still giving everything and are a unified team.

Comment

• Moved by op.

Comment

Working...
                                X