No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a low, low point in Wichita State athletics history.

Can anyone else think of an elite program in college sports that has plummeted this bad this fast?

Comment

• Considered going to the game tonight, but decided to stay home because I didn't want to sit by myself. It's time Butler do what is right and exit asap. WSU could have had Hoop, a WSU alum, a proven recruiter in the American League, for half the price they are paying Butler. What parent wouldn't want their child to play for Hooper. To have that kind of stand up person sit on your couch and tell you what WSU Baseball program can do for your future is priceless. He has contacts throughout MLB that can get the right talent a look. He demands a lot from his players and they respect that. It's obvious Butler has no respect from his players or the community. Do the right thing Todd...take your BUTTler and leave town. To take a buyout would just what an ass you really are. By the way...hope you choke on that crap you are chewing. What a role model. Wake up WSU.

Comment

• I can't take it anymore; time to switch to another exciting episode of Forensic Files.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Todd sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by fanana View Post
            Considered going to the game tonight, but decided to stay home because I didn't want to sit by myself. It's time Butler do what is right and exit asap. WSU could have had Hoop, a WSU alum, a proven recruiter in the American League, for half the price they are paying Butler. What parent wouldn't want their child to play for Hooper. To have that kind of stand up person sit on your couch and tell you what WSU Baseball program can do for your future is priceless. He has contacts throughout MLB that can get the right talent a look. He demands a lot from his players and they respect that. It's obvious Butler has no respect from his players or the community. Do the right thing Todd...take your BUTTler and leave town. To take a buyout would just what an ass you really are. By the way...hope you choke on that crap you are chewing. What a role model. Wake up WSU.
            Is this hire worse than Mike Cohen? Serious question

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Butler been bringing in Top 10 recruiting classes? At least I had heard that last year. If he has all that talent and this is the result, then he's just a down right shitty coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Is this hire worse than Mike Cohen? Serious question
                Yes.

Comment

• Luckily, I think we've reached the point that something will have to happen. You can't pretend to be a big-time athletic department and put up with this.

There are good options. We may look back and be glad that a non-Gene guy took the fall after Gene was let go. And so quickly wothout dragging out the apathy in the program. Now a Gene guy with some of the old Gene fire can come in and be the savior of the program, restoring the legacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                    Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Butler been bringing in Top 10 recruiting classes? At least I had heard that last year. If he has all that talent and this is the result, then he's just a down right shitty coach.
                    thats what we all keep hearing... yet Stephenson's teams may not have been ranked top 10 recently but he never had a problem creating a winning team.

Butler just looks lazy and annoyed to be out there, chatting it up more with the OU players than his own.

Comment

• The clock starts May 26, 2016.

PERIOD.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• [QUOTE=Cdizzle;653839I think we've reached the point that something will have to happen. You can't pretend to be a big-time athletic department and put up with this.[/QUOTE]

That may be true but a $1.3 million buyout is a big ouch. Not sure they will pull the trigger on that when they weren't willing to pony of the $500k needed to pull the plug on Jody Adams a year ago and quite frankly I thought that was a much more egregious situation. Of course, it was complicate by the fact that ADES and crew were complicit in enabling Jody and that Jody had lawyered up.

Kennedy announced the attendance tonight at 2,399. Obviously paid attendance and not actual attendance. But who in the heck has bought those season tickets or whatever it is they count. Until that number drops significantly they probably will be willing to ride out Butler's contract for a couple more years. My guess is that will drop significantly next year but who knows.

I have to believe that most of the deep pockets that could make a significant dent in Butler's buyout probably feel like they have already bitten off more than enough in the funding of Gregg Marshall's contract although I have no way of knowing for sure that is the case.

I could easily be wrong and they will bite the bullet and pull the plug on Butler but I wouldn't bet very much on that happening at this point.

We have a major flustercluck on our hands folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          That may be true but a $1.3 million buyout is a big ouch. Not sure they will pull the trigger on that when they weren't willing to pony of the $500k needed to pull the plug on Jody Adams a year ago and quite frankly I thought that was a much more egregious situation. Of course, it was complicate by the fact that ADES and crew were complicit in enabling Jody and that Jody had lawyered up.

Kennedy announced the attendance tonight at 2,399. Obviously paid attendance and not actual attendance. But who in the heck has bought those season tickets or whatever it is they count. Until that number drops significantly they probably will be willing to ride out Butler's contract for a couple more years. My guess is that will drop significantly next year but who knows.

I have to believe that most of the deep pockets that could make a significant dent in Butler's buyout probably feel like they have already bitten off more than enough in the funding of Gregg Marshall's contract although I have no way of knowing for sure that is the case.

I could easily be wrong and they will bite the bullet and pull the plug on Butler but I wouldn't bet very much on that happening at this point.

We have a major flustercluck on our hands folks.
                          If the pressure from fans, supporters, sports radio, newspaper, and so forth greats strong enough, maybe he'll consider a Pastner type of deal. He may not find a sucker like Pastner did, but maybe he'll have a little dignity left and not bury himself so deep he can't even find a decent assistant's job.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            If the pressure from fans, supporters, sports radio, newspaper, and so forth greats strong enough, maybe he'll consider a Pastner type of deal. He may not find a sucker like Pastner did, but maybe he'll have a little dignity left and not bury himself so deep he can't even find a decent assistant's job.
                            No doubt he is hurting his own rep as much as he is hurting the Shocker baseball program. But that can cut two ways. Yeah, if he has another decent paying gig available to him like Pastner was able to get at Georgia Tech ($11 million over 6 years) sure he might walk away from his contract at WSU. Do you see that in the cards? I don't. OTOH, if he has damaged his rep and future earnings prospects holding out for the full contract amount due him by WSU may be his best financial option irrespective of what people think of him as a coach.

I don't mind putting pressure on a Coach I just don't want to see it devolve into ad hominem attacks or threats.

Comment

• I vote for firing Sexton IMMEDIATELY and eliminating his position until the salary has covered the 1.3 Million buyout. Problem solved! Pull the trigger on both!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                                I vote for firing Sexton IMMEDIATELY and eliminating his position until the salary has covered the 1.3 Million buyout. Problem solved! Pull the trigger on both!
                                That loss stung so bad, we should fire Eric Sexton even though he's no longer apart of the athletic department. Lol.. Would definetly send a message to Butler I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X