No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The off-season is still a bit away but we know obviously just based on seniors this year who will be leaving or graduating and gone for good, how many others do we predict will be tired of Butler and losing and transfer elsewhere?
    Tanner Kirk INF 6-0 183 R/R Sr.
    Chase Williams RHP 6-5 225 R/R R-Sr.
    Mikel Mucha OF 6-2 190 L/R R-Sr.
    Chase Rader 3B 6-0 215 R/R Sr.
    Zach Reding OF-1B 6-2 220 L/L R-Sr
    John Hayes RHP 6-6 225 R/R R-Sr.
    Ryan Tinkham 1B 6-5 205 R/R Sr.
    Jon Ferrendelli RHP 6-1 190 R/R Sr.
    Landon Holifield RHP 6-4 210 R/R Sr.

so 9 seniors are gone for sure after this year. I'm guessing another 6 transfer after the year as well.

currently the team is about 1/3 freshman or red shirt freshman, will they develop into competent players next year? (under butler it doesn't look good)

Comment

• Someone did make a good point on the buyout amount. You aren't really on the hook for what is left on the contract. That money has already been spent. The expense is the salary of the new coach.

If a Hoop or Standiford were hired, and they had any sort of reasonable pricing, I would be quite likely to purchase season tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        I have twenty dollars.
        Okay, we have a start. I'll chip in a $100. Only $1,279,880 to go.

Comment

• I mentioned in an earlier post that the AD has to be looking at whether or not WSU can afford to buy-out HCTB vs can WSU afford not to buy-out HCTB.

I am becoming more and more convinced that WSU can't afford not to buy-out HCTB. In the long run the cost of retaining HCTB probably exceeds the cost of terminating HCTB.

Comment

• Let's start a Kickstarter page.

Comment

• The school saved money year over year by not retaining GS in 2013, right? That margin is probably pretty close to what a new coach would cost. What I'm saying is that TB plus hypothetical Hoop or Standiford is likely similar to what GS alone was costing the University.

Comment

• I was one of those who thought we needed new blood and it was time for Gene to go. Boy was I stupid!
                "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                  I was one of those who thought we needed new blood and it was time for Gene to go. Boy was I stupid!
                  Not stupid, they just hired the wrong guy

Comment

• I wasn't happy with Gene being let go, nor with the manner in which it happened. But I could understand the arguments. I am also in a position where I am very likely blind to what some of the real reasons were.

Having said that, this is one of the risks you run. The grass is not always greener. The chances of greener grass are much lower when you're trying to replace a legend not only at the university, but in the sport.

If the administration is able to quickly move on from this terrible situation quickly (i.e. this summer), we may well look back and be glad that there was a break between Gene and one of Gene's guys. Now, instead of all the former fans and players being upset with the new coach usurping Gene's role, they can instead rally around him as he tries to restore the legacy.

If the administration isn't able to quickly move on (i.e. any time after this summer) then there may not be enough people left that care for it to matter what happens next.

Comment

I wasn't happy with Gene being let go, nor with the manner in which it happened. But I could understand the arguments. I am also in a position where I am very likely blind to what some of the real reasons were.

Having said that, this is one of the risks you run. The grass is not always greener. The chances of greener grass are much lower when you're trying to replace a legend not only at the university, but in the sport.

If the administration is able to quickly move on from this terrible situation quickly (i.e. this summer), we may well look back and be glad that there was a break between Gene and one of Gene's guys. Now, instead of all the former fans and players being upset with the new coach usurping Gene's role, they can instead rally around him as he tries to restore the legacy.

If the administration isn't able to quickly move on (i.e. any time after this summer) then there may not be enough people left that care for it to matter what happens next.
                      In regards to Gene being let go, the worst mistake administration made was allowing him to come back after he left for Oklahoma. Had the severed those ties then, perhaps the Wichita State brand could have attracted more of a proven guy and the talent wouldn't have been so depleted when the move finally happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                        In regards to Gene being let go, the worst mistake administration made was allowing him to come back after he left for Oklahoma. Had the severed those ties then, perhaps the Wichita State brand could have attracted more of a proven guy and the talent wouldn't have been so depleted when the move finally happened.
                        We would've got Sonny Galloway.

I dunno if that would've been a good thing or bad thing.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I wasn't happy with Gene being let go, nor with the manner in which it happened. But I could understand the arguments. I am also in a position where I am very likely blind to what some of the real reasons were.

It just goes to show that Sexton was more focused on firing Gene than he was with replacing Gene. It's pretty obvious that not a lot of legitiment research was done in the replacement search and that the search was rushed.
                          Gene had to go, but the manner of letting him go and the process of replacing him were both botched.. Wsu has dug themselves quite the hole now. The baseball program obviously needs repaired, but how long will that take?
                          What are they going to do if it takes 10 years, Marshall is either thinking about retirement or takes a job else where. The WSU athletic department basically is left in shambles. Think about it, the athletic department was in shambles in the late 80's early 90's, but at least they had Gene's teams bringing money in.
                          I doubt the athletic department is thinking long term right now, but they should be.

Comment

• Ill be running into a former player (who played on the teams that lost to LSU era) tonight Ill ask him what he thinks haha

Comment

• I think the message board crowd is clear about this where needs to go once the season ends. Are the higher-ups making it known to the athletic department that they feel the same way and that anything less than termination at the end of the year would be unacceptable?

I just don't trust the competency of this athletic department.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                I just don't trust the competency of this athletic department.
                                Well they moved one of the incompetent members of the AD to a different job. I guess we will be able to judge the competency of ADTB in a few months.

Comment

Working...
                                X