No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe the story was that only 1 recruit had been signed (Sam Tewes).

Comment

• Summer time arguments on SN gotta love it.

Comment

• So, along with Boatright, who appears to be a Butler supporter all the way, we also appear to have either Butlers best friend or a Butler relative posting on these boards. Excellent. Congrats on being a Butler supporter. Please take him with you and go somewhere else, so that we can hire a coach that has a clue. Thank you.

While I will continue to support the Shocker baseball team about as much as I support the women's basketball team (which isn't a whole lot thanks to the current head coach), that doesn't mean I have to accept poor play and poor coaching. I also choose not to waste my money on a team that has the baseball IQ of a 4 year old, and that's being nice. Once we get a coach in place that knows what he's doing, then maybe I'll check out a game live again. Until then, I'll just say thank goodness for men's basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureShockerDad View Post
          Your correct as to when I joined the board and I'm a Butler fan.
          Honest question, but what could you possibly like about the Butler as head coach of WSU baseball? He doesn't win. Very few fans attend games anymore.
          How the hell could you be a "fan" of the Butler?

Comment

• I might actually go to more games next year. Now that there's no reason to watch what's happening on the field, there are no distractions from hanging out on the hill and tipping a few brews with some friends. It would be like a park with just your friends there - oh, and beer.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
              Honest question, but what could you possibly like about the Butler as head coach of WSU baseball? He doesn't win. Very few fans attend games anymore.
              There's a simple answer for that. He's either a family member or a good friend of the Butler, or he followed him up from Arkansas. We just don't know which

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                Because my son played for HCTB a few years ago and I follow coaches that have influenced my son in a positive way and helped mold him into a solid man.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                  There's a simple answer for that. He's either a family member or a good friend of the Butler, or he followed him up from Arkansas. We just don't know which

My son played for HCTB a few years ago and I follow coaches that have influenced my son in a positive way and helped mold him into a solid young man.

I have followed Shocker baseball since Cody Clark transferred from Arkansas to WSU. My son has played travel ball with Chris Obrien when they were younger.

Comment

Because my son played for HCTB a few years ago and I follow coaches that have influenced my son in a positive way and helped mold him into a solid man.
                    I think that makes great sense and is a valid reason to like the guy and want him to do well, but what have you seen that would lead you to believe he is a good head coach that warrants additional investment from WSU. I would say recruiting good hitters. 1 out of his 3 recruiting classes appear to be above average or good hitters. Now if he can string a few of those classes together, GREATLY improve the level of pitchers, and improve the team baseball IQ then it could be a different story.

Comment

• Was just at Dillons. The bagger at the register noticed my WSU shirt and asked what I had to say about the Shockers. I said I hope their baseball team improves. The cashier says "I will play for them next year and I agree! The past 3 years haven't been good."

He definitely had some anger and frustration in him when he made that statement, so I'm glad that kind of attitude is going into the program. At least we now have evidence that the players at least want to turn things around. Its just the coaching that I wonder about.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                        Was just at Dillons. The bagger at the register noticed my WSU shirt and asked what I had to say about the Shockers. I said I hope their baseball team improves. The cashier says "I will play for them next year and I agree! The past 3 years haven't been good."

He definitely had some anger and frustration in him when he made that statement, so I'm glad that kind of attitude is going into the program. At least we now have evidence that the players at least want to turn things around. Its just the coaching that I wonder about.
                        Did you read the name on his Dillons' nametag?
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                          I believe the story was that only 1 recruit had been signed (Sam Tewes).
                          Yes Sam Tewes had definitely signed before Butler took over.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                            I think that makes great sense and is a valid reason to like the guy and want him to do well, but what have you seen that would lead you to believe he is a good head coach that warrants additional investment from WSU. I would say recruiting good hitters. 1 out of his 3 recruiting classes appear to be above average or good hitters. Now if he can string a few of those classes together, GREATLY improve the level of pitchers, and improve the team baseball IQ then it could be a different story.
                            Butler is/was considered one of the best recruiters in the country according to many baseball publications. If you go look at the classes butler recruited to Alabama and then Arkansas you should be impressed.

Butler recruited the Arkansas pitching that a few years ago that had one of the best era in the country and had a school record and maybe had the most players drafted around that time.

Comment

Butler is/was considered one of the best recruiters in the country according to many baseball publications. If you go look at the classes butler recruited to Alabama and then Arkansas you should be impressed.

Butler recruited the Arkansas pitching that a few years ago that had one of the best era in the country and had a school record and maybe had the most players drafted around that time.

Yet with all of those fantastic recruiting classes, he still can't win. His record at WSU is simply deplorable.
                              The Butler might be a great guy that assists in developing young men, but he is a terrible head coach in college baseball.

Perhaps he's better suited as an assistant coach--- at Arkansas.

Comment

I understand he was considered one of the best recruiters at Arkansas/Alabama and he has had highly ranked recruiting classes at WSU. But, it is a little easier to recruit to the SEC and also an easier place to succeed when half your conference gets to host regionals and over 1/4 of the conference is given national seeds.

As you can tell from following WSU the past 3 years, you have to win the tournament to make a regional or have a VERY good regular season (depending on the year of course). So far the recruiting just hasn't translated to success on the field. I am not saying Butler isn't a good recruiter, obviously that is why he was hired. The question is, after 3 years, is there anything other than recruiting hitters that has been a positive under HCTB?
                                Last edited by shockfan89_; June 16, 2016, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X