Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Does this headline seem like it couldn't be any more backwards to anyone else?

"Kemnitz’s role diminished in recent seasons as the pitching performance declined"
    Do you mean it should read: "As Kemnitz's role diminished in recent seasons, the pitching performance declined"

Interesting how moving one word changes the whole meaning and direction of fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

There are some interesting tidbits regarding "strength of schedule" comparing Gene and Butler at the end of the article.
      That revelation shouldn't be suprising - anybody who follows college baseball in-depth knows Gene was trying to create the perception of being good by scheduling down, the problem is his team struggled to win a high rate of those games and struggled to compete in the MVC.

Then Butler over estimated his talent and schedule big only to fall flat. Now I worry he going to schedule soft to try and save his job. [sigh]

Comment

• I don't think I would say Gene's teams were 'struggling to compete in the MVC.' Maybe they weren't dominating it any more, but they were still competing in the MVC. I know this, because now I know what it actually looks like to not compete in the MVC. Before the last couple of years, I had literally never seen it before with WSU baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          That revelation shouldn't be suprising - anybody who follows college baseball in-depth knows Gene was trying to create the perception of being good by scheduling down, the problem is his team struggled to win a high rate of those games and struggled to compete in the MVC.

Then Butler over estimated his talent and schedule big only to fall flat. Now I worry he going to schedule soft to try and save his job. [sigh]
          I viewed the couple of different stats at the end of the article as being provided by Interim, not Paul, to help his "reasoning" (and his own neck).

As @Cdizzle: points out in his post, and I have stated numerous times, what WSU does in the Valley is the first test of any success.

Comment

I don't think I would say Gene's teams were 'struggling to compete in the MVC.' Maybe they weren't dominating it any more, but they were still competing in the MVC. I know this, because now I know what it actually looks like to not compete in the MVC. Before the last couple of years, I had literally never seen it before with WSU baseball.
            Yeah, I probably should have said "struggling to win the MVC" as Gene was finishing 2nd or 3rd in his last few years. Butler team this year is an example of not "competing".

Comment

• I don't know that I had a prior opinion either way on Interim AD Boatright, but with the some of the obtuse things he's stated in reference to Butler recently, coupled with the way he's handling the situation in general, I'm led to believe that he should most definitely not be the next AD at WSU, and to be honest I'm a little worried at this point that he's even in charge during this bridge phase between filling that office.

Comment

• Per Sully, Brent is resigning this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  The post you quoted was written in 2012. I don't know anything about Boatright or if he drinks at all, but I believe the post was written about Sexton.
                  Sexton? Mia culpa!
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    The post you quoted was written in 2012. I don't know anything about Boatright or if he drinks at all, but I believe the post was written about Sexton.
                    I am wrong and way off base. Thanks for the catch.

rdr
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      Per Sully, Brent is resigning this afternoon.
                      WSU makes it official. http://goshockers.com/news/2016/6/6/...ing-coach.aspx

I can't imagine a 21-year-old being named pitching coach of a college team these days. Of course, back in the 70's, things were different.

Comment

• WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita State baseball pitching coach Brent Kemnitz, who has been on the Shocker staff since 1979, has stepped down from his coaching position and is in discussions about reassignment in the athletic department.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Wonder if this will have an effect on the pitching recruits?

If it does, that'll probably give Butler another year or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            Wonder if this will have an effect on the pitching recruits?

If it does, that'll probably give Butler another year or two.
                            Yep, you are 100% correct. Why blame the guy recruiting the pitchers or calling the pitches? It has to be the other guy's fault. :)

Comment

I don't think I would say Gene's teams were 'struggling to compete in the MVC.' Maybe they weren't dominating it any more, but they were still competing in the MVC. I know this, because now I know what it actually looks like to not compete in the MVC. Before the last couple of years, I had literally never seen it before with WSU baseball.
                              My, how our standards are changing. I don't necessarily disagree with your answer but this answer would have drawn a firestorm of comments 10 years ago.

Comment

• The natives are getting restless.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X