Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FutureShockerDad View Post
    Butler is/was considered one of the best recruiters in the country according to many baseball publications. If you go look at the classes butler recruited to Alabama and then Arkansas you should be impressed.

Butler recruited the Arkansas pitching that a few years ago that had one of the best era in the country and had a school record and maybe had the most players drafted around that time.
    Dandy. He also just fired a pitching coach that managed to recruit and coach pitchers to some of the best ERAs in the country to the non-SEC school he's now coaching.

At this point, the rank of some recruiting class he helped with at an SEC school 8 years ago couldn't mean much less. He's had a head gig twice, and the results have been....uneven? Well, that's not right. They've been pretty even. Bad? Wins need to happen, and soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Dandy. He also just fired a pitching coach that managed to recruit and coach pitchers to some of the best ERAs in the country to the non-SEC school he's now coaching.

At this point, the rank of some recruiting class he helped with at an SEC school 8 years ago couldn't mean much less. He's had a head gig twice, and the results have been....uneven? Well, that's not right. They've been pretty even. Bad? Wins need to happen, and soon.
      No kidding. Recruiting classes you contributed to as an assistant coach in the SEC is a pretty flimsy crowning achievement for a 50 year old 25+ years into your career. Who the hell really knows what the ultimate driving forces where in those 18 year old's decision processes? But one thing is for certain - it's impossible to say from the outside how high on the list the assistant coach was in the equation.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureShockerDad View Post
        Butler is/was considered one of the best recruiters in the country according to many baseball publications. If you go look at the classes butler recruited to Alabama and then Arkansas you should be impressed.

Butler recruited the Arkansas pitching that a few years ago that had one of the best era in the country and had a school record and maybe had the most players drafted around that time.
        You are absolutely right, HCTB is one of the Best reruiters in the country...now what he does with them after he recruits them is questionable...I honestly believe his talents lie in the recruiting for a D1 program and leave the coaching part to someone else. Stick with what he's best at.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
          Funny how you can't find the ADES pumpers now (ABC, RDL), even with a search warrant.

It was mentioned multiple times that WSU is not the level school to let a wannabe AD try and learn the trade by OJT.
          This is what happens when permitted to happen and the predictable results.

There are smaller level program where potential AD's can hone their skills and pay their dues.

That is all.
          Former Shocker AD's who honed their skills earlier brought us Bill Belknap, Gary Hunter, Tom Shupe, and the one who dropped football and later led KU to probation. Besides Shaus who was great, one has to go all the way back to Barnum and Bailey Bredehoft to have an AD with some success (some would view him as a mixed bag). I'm not sticking up for ADES but besides Shaus, can anyone point to another successful AD?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            Former Shocker AD's who honed their skills earlier brought us Bill Belknap, Gary Hunter, Tom Shupe, and the one who dropped football and later led KU to probation. Besides Shaus who was great, one has to go all the way back to Barnum and Bailey Bredehoft to have an AD with some success (some would view him as a mixed bag). I'm not sticking up for ADES but besides Shaus, can anyone point to another successful AD?
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post

Has WstateU been training you?

Just wondering because you make me nod or laugh.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                You have to be an old goat to know about the following story. I may have the details incorrect, but the essence is correct.

Once upon a time, long, long ago, Coach Stephenson got tired of Bredehoft telling him no for money to build new dugouts.

So on his own and without any help from the Athletic Department, Stephenson went out and raised money for the new dugouts. I believe the amount was around $100,000.

Before the new dugouts could be built, Bredehoft latched onto the money to pay for operating cost shortfall for the Athletic Department.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                  You have to be an old goat to know about the following story. I may have the details incorrect, but the essence is correct.

Once upon a time, long, long ago, Coach Stephenson got tired of Bredehoft telling him no for money to build new dugouts.

So on his own and without any help from the Athletic Department, Stephenson went out and raised money for the new dugouts. I believe the amount was around $100,000.

Before the new dugouts could be built, Bredehoft latched onto the money to pay for operating cost shortfall for the Athletic Department.
                  . That is pretty much the way I remember it too. Just one of many times over the years that Gene got screwed by the athletic dept.

Comment

• Too soon?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Too soon?
                      10 months too late.

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Pro Tip: Next time don't hire someone and give them a giant contract when they sucked at their previous job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            Pro Tip: Next time don't hire someone and give them a giant contract when they sucked at their previous job.
                            Eric Sexton's legacy continues to live on.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I can see definite comparisons between giacaletti and Butler, but I doubt Butler has the character and pride to quit mid-season when it's obvious that's what needs to happen.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                I can see definite comparisons between giacaletti and Butler, but I doubt Butler has the character and pride to quit mid-season when it's obvious that's what needs to happen.
                                I don't know what kind of a buyout Giacoletti may have walked away from but I doubt it was what Butler has on the line. I simply cannot see him walking away from the rest of this year's ample salary plus a $1,000,000 buyout due him at the end of this year.

Unless things make a 180 very soon ADDB may have no choice but to eat the rest of HCTB's contract at the end of this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X