No announcement yet.

WSU Baseball Recruiting - Class of 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so impressed with the recruiting. The class of '14 dance card is either full or almost full.

Under previous management, it seemed that the recruiting class for a particular year would not be complete, until the summer, before classes begin. To clarify, the recruiting class of '14 would not be complete, until the summer of '14.

Am I nuts on this point?
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Ryan Wedge, Erics brother followed him to Doo Dah. I believe he broke his hand one year and that was the end of his baseball.

Comment

Taylor is my nephew and I couldn't be more Proud that he is a Shocker. He is a tough Hoosier kid that is a load on the mound and doesn't back down from anyone. He will work his tail off to contribute and give u all he has on the bump.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Taylor Goshen, Indiana pitcher gives Shocks an verbal commitment.

Added to list.

I don't think we have had too many Indiana kids over the years.
          Max Hutson was from Indiana

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Shocker View Post
            Taylor is my nephew and I couldn't be more Proud that he is a Shocker. He is a tough Hoosier kid that is a load on the mound and doesn't back down from anyone. He will work his tail off to contribute and give u all he has on the bump.
            we love our baseball here especially the shockers!
            congrats to him!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              Am I crazy?

It seems that the Shocker recruiting effort is loaded with vim, vigor and vitality.

Sorta like a race horse on steroids.
              Keep in mind that at this point these are non-binding oral commitments. We still have two hurdles to get past. Getting the signature on an LOI in November and then seeing what happens with the MLB draft next summer. Who might get drafted and sign is usually difficult to predict and if it goes against you some late summer signings may be necessary.

Comment

Thanks a lot mjbaker. I am excited for him and he loved the passion for baseball at WSU which is what sealed the deal.

Comment

We like our pitchers tough and hard nosed. He will love playing baseball here if he likes fans that appreciate college baseball.

Comment

Keep in mind that at this point these are non-binding oral commitments. We still have two hurdles to get past. Getting the signature on an LOI in November and then seeing what happens with the MLB draft next summer. Who might get drafted and sign is usually difficult to predict and if it goes against you some late summer signings may be necessary.
                    Definitely true about the dangers of the MLB draft, 1972, as we've learned all too well around here. But I'm guessing that if Butler has been recruiting for an upper tier SEC program he has some experience in dealing with guys who get drafted high and he knows how to handle it, whatever the outcome with a given player.

Comment

Thanks a lot mjbaker. I am excited for him and he loved the passion for baseball at WSU which is what sealed the deal.
                      if and when it becomes official and he comes here will you be able to make it to any games here?
                      you will love ECK stadium and the fans! not to mention the city of Wichita and the Wichita State Campus

Comment

Mjbaker- He was blown away by Eck Stadium and the training facility. As for the season we will make it out there atleast once a year - then catch him closer to home when he plays at the Valley schools in Illinois and Indiana.
                        He is super excited- to get out there.

Comment

Mjbaker- He was blown away by Eck Stadium and the training facility. As for the season we will make it out there atleast once a year - then catch him closer to home when he plays at the Valley schools in Illinois and Indiana.
                          He is super excited- to get out there.
                          sweeet!

Comment

Add high school SS Adam Thies from Olathe East.

Adam Thies@adamthies14
                            I'm proud to say that I verbally committed to play baseball at Wichita State University #blessed #WuShock

Comment

Adam added and Josh DeBacker added. Nice link and scouting report @RoyalShock.

So far we have 11 verbals for the class of 2014. 4 pitchers, 2 catchers, 3 infielders (all shortstops but not doubt capable of playing other positions) and 2 outfielders.

4 kids from the KC area and 1 out of Manhattan. 2 local kids.

Updated for the addition of Josh DeBacker
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 22, 2013, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Adam added. Nice link and scouting report @RoyalShock:.

So far we have 10 verbals for the class of 2014. 4 pitchers, 2 catchers, 3 infielders (all shortstops but not doubt capable of playing other positions) and 1 outfielder.

3 kids from the KC area and 1 out of Manhattan. 2 local kids.
                                I like the mix. Let me be the first to ask the all important question....Can any of them hit a D1 curve ball?

Comment

Working...
                                X