Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    Am I crazy?

It seems that the Shocker recruiting effort is loaded with vim, vigor and vitality.

Sorta like a race horse on steroids.
    Ricky, are you considering tickets for the 2014 season? I know I am.

Go Shocks!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Twitter says Bishop Carol catcher Taylor Sanagorski has verbal to WSU.
      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10 View Post
        Twitter says Bishop Carol catcher Taylor Sanagorski has verbal to WSU.
        Son of Sags...#11 who was an outstanding NAIA coach at KNC.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          While I agree a new energy and vitality appear to be in play I think we have to acknowledge, in Gene's defense, that it's very tough to recruit as a lame duck. Legend or not.
          Truer words have not been said. As painful as it was to watch, Sexton's firing of Gene was the only way to go IMHO. Imagine how bare the cupboard would have been next year if Gene were back for next season with EVERYONE speculating it was his last.

He was a genius for so many years and deserves every bit of the credit for the success of the Shox baseball program and I'm sad with the way it all played out. But I believe in HCTB and think he'll get some quality players and get the Shox back to the CWS.

Comment

The thing I liked about WSU teams in the past is that they had a Wichita/Kansas feel to the team. Also a bunch of guys from oklahoma and the midwest. I'm glad that HCTB has said he likes the mid west kids because of their toughness. Looks like this class is still retaining that flavor. Really looking forward to baseball this year.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Is it just me, or are we getting a lot bigger?
              A generality that doesn't apply to everyone.

Did you catch this in the article on Austin Bright's decision to come to WSU?

"What changed for me was my focus really set in that I wanted to be a top athlete," Bright said. "Also, I strengthened my relationship with Jesus Christ and I used my faith to help me lose 95 pounds." - See more at: http://mooreamerican.com/sports/x243....XLulgT6G.dpuf

Here is a video of an interview with Austin. Looks like he is a righty.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 8, 2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Sully on the two latest commitments.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Taylor and Jeb added to list.

That takes care of the 8 spots opening up from this year's senior class assuming all commitments are followed through with and LOI and that all survive the draft.

Pretty high probability that Casey Gillaspie will be drafted next year. Not sure if we have any other juniors or draft-eligible sophs that are likely to be drafted. Perhaps Chase Simpson if he has a good year.

It will be interesting to see how Coach Butler plays this and whether or not he will do any significant over-recruiting or recruiting in anticipation that a few guys on the current roster will not be invited back. It probably won't take him too long into fall ball to have a feel for that.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 8, 2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Interesting to see that the Shocks have commitments from two catchers. If Taylor Sanagorski is as good a defensive catcher and as good at commanding a pitching staff as Matt Baty says then I wonder if Gunnar Troutwine might be converted to a 1st baseman as the heir to Casey Gillaspie?

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                      Ricky, are you considering tickets for the 2014 season? I know I am.

Go Shocks!
                      Yes, I am.

I had tickets on row 2 right behind first base, but I gave them up a couple of years ago. I know I won't be able to get them back, but there are plenty of good seats in that stadium.

My fire burned a little dimmer, after the '98 team. It seemed the program had its nose down. Besides I am not a cold weather baseball fan.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

See you there Ricky!
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

A nice article in today's fish wrap.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Taylor Goshen, Indiana pitcher gives Shocks an verbal commitment.

Added to list.

I don't think we have had too many Indiana kids over the years.

Comment

Is Goshen his name, or where he's from?

Actually, although the numbers aren't huge, WSU has had at least one very memorable player from Indiana: a current major league manager named Eric Wedge.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                Is Goshen his name, or where he's from?

Actually, although the numbers aren't huge, WSU has had at least one very memorable player from Indiana: a current major league manager named Eric Wedge.
                                Nice recall. Not only was Wedge from Indiana he was also from Ft. Wayne.

Comment

Working...
                                X