No announcement yet.

WSU Baseball Recruiting - Class of 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the Hutch event the other night, if I understood him correctly, HCTB said one of the recent commitments was a kid (described as a 6'5 right-hander throwing 88-93) who they just discovered by attending the NBC tourney earlier this month.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      At the Hutch event the other night, if I understood him correctly, HCTB said one of the recent commitments was a kid (described as a 6'5 right-hander throwing 88-93) who they just discovered by attending the NBC tourney earlier this month.
      I'm guessing that may have been T.J. Looney, one of the preferred walk-ons he signed for this year. T.J. pitched for the El Dorado Broncos in the NBC.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Bradley Kinsey, LHP from Norman North, has committed to WSU baseball.</p>&mdash; Paul Suellentrop (@PaulS:uellentrop) <a href="https://twitter.com/PaulSuellentrop/statuses/371290583077109760">August 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
        <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

EDIT:

ugh......

I failed miserably

Paul Suellentrop Tweets that Bradley Kinsey, LHP, out of Norman North has committed to WSU.

Comment

Article on new commit Bradley Kinsey.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Article on new commit Bradley Kinsey.
            Not a very big kid. Sounds like a soft-throwing LH finesse pitcher. The exact same kind that seems to often tie the Shockers in knots trying to figure them out.

Perhaps we can return the favor with this young man. I keep hoping that the next Steve Foral will show up again some day.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 24, 2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

The recruit commitment list gets long and longer.

Do the Shockers have any returning players from last season? Just wondering.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                The recruit commitment list gets long and longer.

Do the Shockers have any returning players from last season? Just wondering.
                Yes, we have a lot of returning players (24) only losing Taylor Doggett and Tobin Mateycheck in the coaching change. Doggett was an OK player and losing Mateycheck is probably addition by subtraction.

As far as I know 8 of the 10 players Gene signed last November are on board although they are not yet listed on the roster.

Coach Butler added 3 preferred walk-ons (Wes Phillips, Austin Bright and T.J. Looney) to fill out his 35 man roster. For the upcoming season.

This roster will include 8 seniors that need to be replaced probably at least 1 junior, Casey Gillaspie, will be lost to the draft. Chase Simpson could go in the draft also if he has a good year.

So Coach Butler has covered these 9-10 players so far with a cushion of 2-3 players to cover player/recruit losses and turnover.

Comment

Garrett Hutson (Circle HS) commits to WSU.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    From what I can tell Garrett looks to be the 1st commitment for the Class of 2015. Is that correct?

Garrett looks to be a 5-11, 175lb RHP/SS.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 25, 2013, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      PG list his fastball at 90 so according to William he throws 78 and can only drive a golf ball 220 yards.

Comment

PG also lists him at 6-1, 185. Of course, he could still be growing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                          PG list his fastball at 90 so according to William he throws 78 and can only drive a golf ball 220 yards.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/P...aspx?ID=376624
                          I think what you meant to say was he drives 78mph and can throw a golf ball 220yards.

Comment

Who or what is PG?
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

pregnant

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                              Who or what is PG?

Comment

Is this the guy???
                                First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Working...
                                X