Wichita State Names Green Head Baseball Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It interesting Siriani is no longer listed on the WSU coaches roster, but Pelfrey still is.

I guess it could be that Pelfrey had some different contract arrangement that precludes removing him at this point. In wait and see mode for the announcements.
    Or it could be that Siriani officially left and took another job and that's the difference right now.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Pelf's contract goes through the end of the month and he made it pretty clear that he was tied to Wichita. He wants to coach at WSU. Not anywhere else.

Siri's contract is voided as he's taken another job.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
        I was under the impression we were supposed to hear something about assistant coaches by now. Perhaps I heard wrong.
        Must be on the same measure of time as "we will have the roster filled by next week" ..

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          That said, I wonder if he may have decided to keep Siriani ... but [he] declined. Regarding Siriani, my guess is Nebraska was in his ear and, in turn, Siriani was in the ears of his players and recruits once it was announced Hibbs was not being retained.
          Now that's an interesting thought.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Now that's an interesting thought.
            Totally speculation on my part. I have no evidence to support that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Totally speculation on my part. I have no evidence to support that.
              Understood, but it does change the conversation quite a bit if that's the way it went down. And it's plausible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Must be on the same measure of time as "we will have the roster filled by next week" ..
                Good one Mr. Bill.

Comment

• To answer someone's speculation earlier (not sure who posed the original thought) , I can assure you that Siri would still be here if the new coach wanted him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    To answer someone's speculation earlier (not sure who posed the original thought) , I can assure you that Siri would still be here if the new coach wanted him.
                    Uuugh.

Comment

• We've been told Pullman is a tough place to win and a change of scenery is the magic pill. Get ready for the entire wazzu coaching staff to end up in Doodah. Sounds like a solid plan.

Comment

• Had a chance to do a little research on Claggett and about the only thing his staffs appeared to do really well were strikeouts and K/BB ratio. Below are the NCAA ranks for Wash State and Wichita State from last season.

Wash State:
                        ERA - 109th
                        WHIP - 92
                        K/9 - 17
                        K/BB - 15

Wichita State:
                        ERA - 27
                        WHIP - 17
                        K/9 - 48
                        K/BB - 9

Slice it anyway you want but Pelf had some really good numbers as a staff last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                          We've been told Pullman is a tough place to win and a change of scenery is the magic pill. Get ready for the entire wazzu coaching staff to end up in Doodah. Sounds like a solid plan.
                          I really hope this isn't true. If it is, then that whole staff hit the lottery. They have been cellar dwellers in the conference three years running at a school faced with major financial issues. Even worse, the PAC is on the verge of implosion. Green is the guy and nothing is going to change that. He just has a major uphill climb in order to win over the fan base. New coaches usually have a honeymoon period where the fan base readily drinks the Kool aid. He won't have that luxury here.

Comment

• D1 baseball just announced that Claggett is leaving Washington State and is going to Wichita with Coach Green.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockies Dad View Post
                              D1 baseball just announced that Claggett is leaving Washington State and is going to Wichita with Coach Green.
                              On the surface.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockies Dad View Post
                                D1 baseball just announced that Claggett is leaving Washington State and is going to Wichita with Coach Green.

Comment

Working...
                                X