Valley ranked #7 in warren nolan rpi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Creighton regaining consciousness just in time to make life difficult for the Shocks next weekend...
    Unfortunately it looks like Cu has improved lately, they have won 4 games in a row, their longest winning steak of the season.

Comment

• Hopefully DBU will remind them what its like to get swept this weekend...

Comment

• Boyds World rpi needs assessment as of 8:30am this morning: MoST 1-5, WSU 5-2, Indy St. 5-1

DBU is now pretty much a lock as they can go 0-7 to finish in the top 45, a 3-4 finish gets them in the top 32. (MoST can finish in the top 32 with a 4-2 finish).

Comment

• I just love these prediction records. They change every day so really there's not much basis for them. It just gives you a general idea of what's gonna happen, not something concrete. There is no guarantee that a top 45 RPI will get anybody an at-large.

There is no way a 24 loss team from the Valley will be getting an at-large.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Don't know how much RPI counts but this year is a good year for the Valley with 3 teams at Top 50. The Valley is getting better at least teams who have nice minor league stadiums are getting better.

Comment

• Quite simply, Dallas Baptist has been the single biggest reason for the RPI boost this year, and to a lesser extent, a lot of better than .500 records.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Purdue also a big rpi
                First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock10 View Post
                  Purdue also a big rpi
                  DBU has played 3-game series against 7 of the 8 Valley schools. It helped the league as a whole.

Yes, Purdue's RPI helped WSU's specifically.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Other Valley scores tonight: MoST 2 Ue 0, Indy St. 6, SIU 3, Cu 4, DBU 1 (Cu's fifth straight win), ISUR 1 WIU 0.

The Shox win and SIU's loss now puts the Shox tied for 3rd in the Valley.

Comment

• After tonight's games, the Valley remains in a solid 6th place in the conference rpi. Individual team rpis: MoSt #35, WSU #44, Indy St. #47, ISUr-#56, Ue -#96, BU -#105, SIu- #114, Cu -#168

DBU- #27

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        Unfortunately it looks like Cu has improved lately, they have won 4 games in a row, their longest winning steak of the season.
                        Yes, nice timing by Rip Van Creighton (now five straight). If someone were to guarantee a 3-1 week for WSU next week, I'd gladly take it, the Shocks' own improvement notwithstanding.

By the way, the MVC has now established itself pretty firmly as the #6 league in RPI, and as if that isn't remarkable enough, it's closed in far more than I would ever have imagined on the #5 C-USA.

Comment

• Warren Nolan's predicted final rpis at the end of the regular season for the top Valley teams: MoST #35, WSU #39, Indy St. #48, ISU-R #53

DBU -#25

Comment

• Good time at the Eck last night. Doggett's throw was BIG.
                            First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

• Pretty amazing that this terrible team has an RPI like it does. I could be wrong but we've had much better teams that struggle to get these RPI numbers. Those teams also had much better records. I could be wrong though...
                              although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

• Valley scores today: Indy St. 7 SIU 5, Ue 3 MoST 1, ISUR 4 WIU 1, DBU 5 Cu 2

WSU is now in 3rd place 1/2 game ahead of 4th place ISUR.

Comment

Working...
                                X