No announcement yet.

Opening Weekend Shocks at Northwestern State Demons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liam may be done. In any case, outstanding performance by him today through 7 innings. Sure can't complain about our starting pitching so far.

Comment

• 2 on 1 out again. Keep tacking em on. Inefficient on a ton of chances is still better than impotent.

Comment

• Shaver with a 2-out RBI. 4-1 Shox

Comment

• I am going to give Pitching Coach Mike Pelfrey a GOLD STAR for releasing Cal Carver. That had to be his decision because Wedge didn't know the pitching staff from last year. The Shox did a good job on him during his two or 1 1/2 innings.

Also Liam Eddy has pitched a great game so far (Inning #8). 61 of his 92 pitches have been strikes. 4-1 so far and we will see how he finishes.

Comment

• Liam back out for the bottom of the 8th.

Comment

• For my money I think Liam's outing was even more impressive than Jake's was.

Comment

• 8 innings, 1 hit, 1 run, 10 Ks, 100 pitches for Eddy. Can't say enough about that.

Would take another run or two here.

Comment

• Shocker starters so far have surrendered 1 hit in 13 innings and 23 strikeouts. Something to build on....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Like the last 5 years. Yesterday started at the top of the bullpen...
                    Not today! HCEW will get his first W as ... well ... HCEW!!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Will they let Liam have a go in the 9th?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Will they let Liam have a go in the 9th?
                        I'm curious. My vote would be 'no' in mid-February.

Comment

8 innings, 1 hit, 1 run, 10 Ks, 100 pitches for Eddy. Can't say enough about that.

Would take another run or two here.
                          Best outing of Liam's career?? My guess is yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Shocker starters so far have surrendered 1 hit in 13 innings and 23 strikeouts. Something to build on....
                            Now we hope they can get a W to show for it.

Comment

I'm curious. My vote would be 'no' in mid-February.
                              That would be my vote. I would be very surprised and not very happy if they run Liam out there in the 9th. At some point the bullpen has to step up and do the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Best outing of Liam's career?? My guess is yes.
                                He's had great outings, but career highs in IP and Ks while giving up 1 hit and 1 run would lead me to guess yes as well and not bother to look it up. Perhaps he has had 'lesser' outings against better teams, but I don't think anyone cares today. We need the W and he did everything he could.

Comment

Working...
                                X