Opening Weekend Shocks at Northwestern State Demons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That would be my vote. I would be very surprised and not very happy if they run Liam out there in the 9th. At some point the bullpen has to step up and do the job.
    But .. but ...
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Add on another Shocker run in the 9th!

5-1

Comment

• Good things happen when you put the ball in play.

Comment

• YAY!!!

Comment

Good things happen when you put the ball in play.
            Agreed. We haven't executed great today, but we haven't been stuck in the mud either. Good approach even if not hitting on all cylinders. More times than not you'll have decent results.

Comment

• What is a "Put Out"? That's showing in the stats column.

Comment

• Ae we gonna get bases loaded with one out?

Comment

• Human rain delay in progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    What is a "Put Out"? That's showing in the stats column.
                    If you catch the ball to record the out. Examples: A catcher on a strikeout, first baseman on a grounder where the runner is thrown out at 1st, or the center fielder for a fly ball to center, a shortstop that will do anything after just one drink.

Comment

• Is Cornblum one of our best batters (at least in this game)?

Comment

That would be my vote. I would be very surprised and not very happy if they run Liam out there in the 9th. At some point the bullpen has to step up and do the job.
                        Is it generally the pitchers decision, if he's still feeling good, or is this straight up a coach's decision generally?

Comment

• I don’t think so.

Comment

• Eddy done, which is the right decision regardless of outcome, IMO. A month from now I might vote to let him give it a go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              What is a "Put Out"? That's showing in the stats column.
                              Whoever is on the end of an out gets credit for a put out. Usually your 1st baseman or catcher will lead in that category. Ross Cadena has 10 put outs on Liam's 10 stirke outs today. Had he dropped a 3rd strike any of those and had to throw to 1st to get the out the 1st baseman would get credit for the put out and the catcher would get an assist. Infielder's other than the 1st baseman will have a lot of assists but not a lot of put outs. Caught fly balls and pop ups are put outs by the player making the catch. Not a stat that carries a lot of meaning.

Comment

• Gifford! Gifford! Gifford!

Comment

Working...
                                X