No announcement yet.

NBC News: "The FBI Has Arrested Several NCAA Assistant Basketball Coaches"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As has been alluded to before and the ncaa...I have no confidence they will do anything as they have failed to do anything to North Carolina. I'm sure the AAC is glad Louisville is a proud member of their conference.

Comment

• My hope is that this is big enough that the NCAA can't sweep it back under the rug, but i'm sure they'll try anyway.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Unless Pitino gets heavily fined or put into prison, the punishment will be insufficient...even job dismissal. The man is 65 years old...easily at retirement age. He already has made his fortune to get himself through the rest of his life. So what if he gets fired? He doesn't NEED to coach anymore. I am sure that he would like to coach longer to continue competing and building his wealth, but he could call it quits (or have it done for him) today without any real pain.
        78-65

Comment

• If Pitino is forced into retirement...should we be worried?
          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            To me, pitino finally getting fired is hardly big, surprising news. When pitino gets fired everyone will say "yeah, probably knew that was coming. Not sure why he wasn't already. Meh..."

The big news will be finding out what 10 other coaches/programs are going down too.
            This is how I'm interpreting everything as well. The only problem is all the "big news" stuff is coming from people connected to Louisville, KY. You would think we'd hear some rumblings from other parts of the country. Maybe Pitino is going to hold a presser and just read off a list of cheating coaches. One can dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
              As has been alluded to before and the ncaa...I have no confidence they will do anything as they have failed to do anything to North Carolina. I'm sure the AAC is glad Louisville is a proud member of their conference.
              This is different. It isn't going to be up to the NCAA. It's going to be up to a federal government body with the ability to levy real consequences without destroying their own livelihood.

And I would imagine it's going to go nuclear. Within the bounds of the NCAA, programs that do this sort of bidding on recruits do so with the understanding that they aren't going to rat each other out. The worst that can happen is a slap on the wrist from the NCAA. Now you're talking about putting guys in jail. That's a whole different ballgame, and I imagine folks are going to be busting out their 'bag-man' rolodexes in an effort to reduce jail time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                If Pitino is forced into retirement...should we be worried?
                They are going to have a VERY tough time filling a role coming off 2 of the biggest scandals in recent CBB history and will likely be banned for multiple years from post season play along with scholarship reductions (at the lowest).

Comment

• 2 Videos kind of explain it all>>

FBI announces charges against college basketball assistants>>

Federal prosecutor breaks down the NCAA bribery scandal>>

Comment

• Hearing a document shredding semi just pulled into the Compton/Self cul-de-sac.

Plumes of smoke visible for miles.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      Unless Pitino gets heavily fined or put into prison, the punishment will be insufficient...even job dismissal. The man is 65 years old...easily at retirement age. He already has made his fortune to get himself through the rest of his life. So what if he gets fired? He doesn't NEED to coach anymore. I am sure that he would like to coach longer to continue competing and building his wealth, but he could call it quits (or have it done for him) today without any real pain.
                      And if he wants to continue to coach there is always the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Hearing a document shredding semi just pulled into the Compton/Self cul-de-sac.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I wouldn't think so, not with all the punishments that are likely coming. This is the job that always concerned me most, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Hearing a document shredding semi just pulled into the Compton/Self cul-de-sac.

I have some friends that actually live pretty close to that area. I should send them a snarky comment, asking if they have seen the shredder truck.
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by iknowgarth View Post
                              FBI announces charges against college basketball assistants>>

Federal prosecutor breaks down the NCAA bribery scandal>>
                              https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news...dal/vi-AAsuF0S
                              So it seems to me the NCAA gets involved via lack of institutional control and/or impermissible benefits where bribe money reached the players and/or their families through the coaches and perhaps even from Addidas if they are considered a booster.

If the FBI can bring the RICO laws into play agaisnt UA and their accomplices they can casue them a lot of pain and suffering.

I guess the question is how widespread will this prove to be.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 26, 2017, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Ooof!

Comment

Working...
                                X