No announcement yet.

NBC News: "The FBI Has Arrested Several NCAA Assistant Basketball Coaches"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prison rape risk may be remote for these folks but you can bet they will sing to avoid losing 5+ years to prison of any variety. The people they are rolling over on are not exactly Suge Knight and fear of retribution is low.

Comment

• Pitino's legacy is officially tarnished. Makes you wonder what kind of coach he would have been had he not cheated. It's kinda like the steroid guys in baseball, they could have been good, but would they have been great?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Being reported that Pitino and his AD are on unpaid leave, as opposed to fired. University President said they could possibly be back. I'm sure it is legal positioning.
        Only becasue his contact says he has to be given 10 days notice for an appeal to their board. He gon'

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Pitino's legacy is officially tarnished. Makes you wonder what kind of coach he would have been had he not cheated. It's kinda like the steroid guys in baseball, they could have been good, but would they have been great?
          Now​ it's tarnished?

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Prison rape risk may be remote for these folks but you can bet they will sing to avoid losing 5+ years to prison of any variety. The people they are rolling over on are not exactly Suge Knight and fear of retribution is low.
            Oh, yeah. No doubt that they would like to avoid prison. There lives are already pretty much turned upside down.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 27, 2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• This thread is moving so quickly I haven't had time to keep up with all of it but I need an accountant on this board to explain to me how the shoe companies hide the large sums of outgoing cash from their own bean counters. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                I hope this is wrong. If THIS doesn't warrant the Death Penalty, then nothing will and having it is useless. But, it is just a hope for now. I have no faith in the NCAA who is probably a crooked as the agents and coaches involved here.
                I believe the penalty will fall along the same lines as that of Baylor basketball a few years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                  This thread is moving so quickly I haven't had time to keep up with all of it but I need an accountant on this board to explain to me how the shoe companies hide the large sums of outgoing cash from their own bean counters. Thanks in advance.
                  I believe a few bean counters were arrested as part of this ... and even then .. could be billed as "marketing expense"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    I believe a few bean counters were arrested as part of this ... and even then .. could be billed as "marketing expense"
                    if you haven't watched the Sonny Vacarro documentary, you should. He basically started the culture of aligning shoe companies with high school and college athletes. I'm sure the shoe companies knew exactly what was happening, they helped create it.

Comment

• Am I allowed to take pot shots at K-State now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                        This thread is moving so quickly I haven't had time to keep up with all of it but I need an accountant on this board to explain to me how the shoe companies hide the large sums of outgoing cash from their own bean counters. Thanks in advance.
                        Pretty easy I'd imagine. Spend $10-20 million on sponsoring various events throughout the year with most of that being legit sponsorship but a mil or two gets ear marked for payoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Now​ it's tarnished?
                          It was tarnished in the eyes of many, now it will be in the record books, halls of fame, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            It was tarnished in the eyes of many, now it will be in the record books, halls of fame, etc.
                            Have they ever thrown a guy out of the hall? He's already in.

Comment

• Seems like a lot of people have "sold their soul's to the soles (Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Puma, Jordan, Under Armor, etc.,)."

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                                Have they ever thrown a guy out of the hall? He's already in.
                                Exactly.

More waity-waity would be prudent. Half the hall's coaches is a whose who of NCAA violators.

Comment

Working...
                                X